Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

papersack posted:

Taylor Swift is very competent with her brand and business. She's not going to gently caress it up endorsing Biden. She has literally nothing to gain from it and everything to lose.

Nah banal lib policies are her brand.
One of the reasons they're so mad at her, besides abandoning country music, is she said GOTV and was against one of Kentucky's anti gay laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

ex post facho posted:

the second time in the last 5 years for CA dems to kill a single payer bill. with a supermajority. how many more democrats do we need for those progressive policy goals the moralists keep saying we'll get if we just push the party left in the primaries, again? :thunk:

there was an interview with one of the big "backers" of the bill a few years ago who kept insisting that it was only a few bad apples keeping it from succeeding, but he repeatedly refused to name names

dems, absolutely useless fucks every single one of them

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1180506681459040256

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1744056178663997576

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I completely believe joe biden and the democrats will fight as hard to legalize abortion as they did to keep it legal in the first place

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Joe Biden is targeting the elusive Republican vote. If he grabs it, he can win

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

He'll fight as hard for abortion as he did to keep his family alive.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Politifact will give him partial credit.

safe ☐
legal ☐
rare ☑

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ex post facho posted:

jimmy dore, but he is absolutely correct

always was and always is and always will be, that's the Dore Promise !

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

You're president right now, dickhead

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
*crying, shaking*

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Consider only the highest-quality cope

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Nothus posted:

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Nothus posted:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ex post facho posted:

*crying, shaking*

Going through the polls like I’m looking for the straight tuba firs at Home Despot.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

ex post facho posted:

*crying, shaking*

Big Romney 2012 poll unskewing energy

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I think you'll find that if you look at only the polls showing Biden doing well, Biden does better*

*Though still losing

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the president has recently visited the astral plane hell, apparently

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1754687363878396302

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

ex post facho posted:

the president has recently visited the astral plane hell, apparently

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1754687363878396302

same tbh

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

ProperGanderPusher posted:

bUt hAvE U SeeN da Other GuY???

Yea, didnt even need a republican president to kill Roe, why vote for trump when joe is just as conservative?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Egg Bitch #2 even looks like a worse version of the guy from the "Worst person you know made a great point" meme

https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/1755568508606337096?s=20

I've said it before and I'll say it again, 9 months is a long time for Trump to remind people that he's also a doddering old jackass. But the copium is reaching critical mass. The script has flipped and Boomer Dems are now constantly, endlessly whining that the Mainstream Media is rigging the game in the other side's favour.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

Egg Bitch #2 even looks like a worse version of the guy from the "Worst person you know made a great point" meme

https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/1755568508606337096?s=20

I've said it before and I'll say it again, 9 months is a long time for Trump to remind people that he's also a doddering old jackass. But the copium is reaching critical mass. The script has flipped and Boomer Dems are now constantly, endlessly whining that the Mainstream Media is rigging the game in the other side's favour.

Things are still Biden's game to lose and he seems to be content to lose the game. Even now, with just a handful of measures Biden could square the polling and be on track for reelection.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the goal of the democrats is not to actually win elections

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

ultimateforce posted:

He obsesses over vax stuff but is right that the people who mishandled Covid are still in charge and still running things.

Yea, they did Zirp and open Biden, exactly what the ruling class wanted, they deserve to keep their positions.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/NickRiccardi/status/1755683224561295381

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1755686479345471962

love my fake democracy gerontocracy

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the biden hurr report

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

lmfao

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

so Biden is sundowning and Trump will probably be convicted in the summer

if Ross Perot were running as an independent this year he'd probably win

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Venomous posted:

president rfk junior

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Nader turns ninety this month.

He’s got this.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Hatebag posted:

the biden hurr report

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Hatebag posted:

the biden hurr report

Biden has hurfluenza and cannot be charged.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Venomous posted:

Pipe down you're gonna start a "Bernie please run independent" social media campaign

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
Just put comatose biden on a golden throne and sacrifice enough mid-easterners to keep his psychic energy stable and the rules based international order functional. joehammer 40k

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
did he just forget the name of the church

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Pipe down you're gonna start a "Bernie please run independent" social media campaign

William Jennings Bernie

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/Grosdoriane/status/1755762163115835688

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/HuffPostPol/status/1755766508163125380

quote:

The delegation consisted of Jon Finer, a deputy national security adviser at the White House; Samantha Power, who is working on aid for Gaza as the head of the U.S. Agency for International Development; Tom Perez, a former chair of the Democratic National Committee who is a White House liaison to local governments; and Stephen Benjamin, a senior adviser and the director of the White House Office of Public Engagement.

State Rep. Abraham Aiyash, the majority floor leader and the second-ranking Democrat in Michigan; Abdullah Hammoud, the mayor of Dearborn; and Assad Turfe, the deputy county executive of Wayne County, were among those who attended the meeting.

Some of those who attended made specific demands, including an immediate and permanent cease-fire and to reinstate funding to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA).

But Alawieh said officials in the room did not commit to supporting a cease-fire, which he said left many there frustrated.

Alawieh said that, although he was grateful for the meeting, he was skeptical of any meaningful changes in the White House policy on Gaza and predicted that those consequences will not only cost Democrats this election but will be felt for years to come.

“If President Biden wants a shot here in Michigan, he’s going to need to do something different,” he said.

Biden has generally dismissed the idea that Arab and Muslim Americans will not vote for him in the general election.

“We understand who cares about the Arab population,” Biden said last month, contrasting his stance against that of the current Republican front-runner, former President Donald Trump.

Michigan, a critical swing state, holds the largest concentration of Arab Americans in the nation. More than 200,000 registered voters in the state are Muslim, while 300,000 trace their ancestry to the Middle East and North Africa. In 2020, Biden won the state by a thin margin of about 154,000 votes.

:dementia: bye-bye michigan

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 04:58 on Feb 9, 2024

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
god drat the democrats are loving recessioned lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

what a dilemma. on the one hand, another trump term will absolutely result in misery and death in america and the rest of the world. otoh god drat libs are loving insufferable