Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
He looks fantastic. You have all my respect for painting that trim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

The Demilich posted:

Went to the LGS and they had gently caress all in stock to expand my Iron Warriors force so I ended up buying an ork killteam I didn't need cause I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

I really did want more orks though so it's all good.

Kommandos are a fun and competitive team, paint them and enjoy some kill team

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Finished yet another Guardsman this weekend, this time a spare Steel Legion trooper a friend sent me a couple of years back and was hiding in a box until I remembered it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/04/sunday-preview-the-black-library-celebration-2024/

The Ufthak Blackhawk model goes up for pre-order next weekend. Otherwise it's just about books.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Well... Crud.

I dug out my Vostroyans intending to sell them, and I don't know if I can part with them, they're still great sculpts.

I think I have enough for a combat partol:

15 x Lasgun guardsmen
2 x each Mortar, Plasma, Flamer guardsmen
4 x Sergeants
2 x Snipers
1 x each mortar, lasgun, bolter Heavy weapon squad
Comand squad

I've also got an older sentinel, Ratlings, a Scion kit, a Leman Russ, a Chimera, and Taurox somewhere, in various states of construction.

Nothing is based or painted yet, and I'm still waffling. I'd like to not buy anything else, but the upcoming Heresy Sentinels would look great with this army.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

War and Pieces posted:

Good job, you made him look Itallian, as he should

JBP posted:

He looks awesome man great work.

Dreylad posted:

He looks fantastic. You have all my respect for painting that trim.

Thank you! I realized that I forgot to glue on the ammo belts coming out of his bolter lol, ah well not gonna update the post now.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Failson posted:

Well... Crud.

I dug out my Vostroyans intending to sell them, and I don't know if I can part with them, they're still great sculpts.

I think I have enough for a combat partol:

15 x Lasgun guardsmen
2 x each Mortar, Plasma, Flamer guardsmen
4 x Sergeants
2 x Snipers
1 x each mortar, lasgun, bolter Heavy weapon squad
Comand squad

I've also got an older sentinel, Ratlings, a Scion kit, a Leman Russ, a Chimera, and Taurox somewhere, in various states of construction.

Nothing is based or painted yet, and I'm still waffling. I'd like to not buy anything else, but the upcoming Heresy Sentinels would look great with this army.

If you do end up wanting to sell them I'd be happy to buy them. Totally agree on the sculpts. You're a bit short of a combat patrol, you'd need to get an ordnance battery and armoured sentinel (yours is probably fine), plus a meltagunner and grenade launcher. It is a fun project to convert, I'm working on one now.

Virtual Russian fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 4, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Failson posted:

Me, every time I try to downsize my grey swarm

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Virtual Russian posted:

If you do end up wanting to sell them I'd be happy to buy them. Totally agree on the sculpts. You're a bit short of a combat patrol, you'd need to get an ordnance battery and armoured sentinel (yours is probably fine), plus a meltagunner and grenade launcher. It is a fun project to convert, I'm working on one now.

Sold. I just hit the Praetorians I was converting with Victoria Miniatures parts to ride Cold Ones. The Vostroyans are easier to move.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

Cooked Auto posted:

Finished yet another Guardsman this weekend, this time a spare Steel Legion trooper a friend sent me a couple of years back and was hiding in a box until I remembered it.

I have some regrets over not getting some made to order Steel Legion when they were taking orders for them a while back. Seeing cool paint jobs like that makes it so much worse!

This goes for most metal IG regiments. :)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

RangerScum posted:

For fun, here's a size comparison between a regular Legionaire, Horus, and Abaddon. He's huge lol.

Seeing them all lined up makes me realize Abaddon is too big compared to the normal marine imo. Still a great sculpt though. I wonder how much taller Abaddon is compared to the new terminator sculpts.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Decorus posted:

I have some regrets over not getting some made to order Steel Legion when they were taking orders for them a while back. Seeing cool paint jobs like that makes it so much worse!

This goes for most metal IG regiments. :)

Still have a bunch of metal Kasrkin to paint, and old ones to repaint as well.
And three classic Cadian guardsmen too that were one of the first models I got.

No idea how I'm going to paint either of those right now. Or when, since I've never really liked painting metal minis.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

The Demilich posted:

Seeing them all lined up makes me realize Abaddon is too big compared to the normal marine imo. Still a great sculpt though. I wonder how much taller Abaddon is compared to the new terminator sculpts.

He's the juiced up champ of undivided he's allowed to be pretty big imo. I reckon he makes sense next to Abaddon there since the chaos gods have pumped him up to primarch adjacent power in combat.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

Cooked Auto posted:

Still have a bunch of metal Kasrkin to paint, and old ones to repaint as well.
And three classic Cadian guardsmen too that were one of the first models I got.

No idea how I'm going to paint either of those right now. Or when, since I've never really liked painting metal minis.

Old Kasrkin are another group of minis I wish I'd bought. I was just too poor back then, forced to invest in big piles of plastic Cadians instead. :)

I have ~8 old metal stormtroopers, pretty much the last IG infantry I have left unpainted. The squad is missing special weapons, so I never felt the need to paint them. But their time is coming soon, even if I have to do a shitload of greenstuff sculpting to convert something suitable as the last troopers.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'm missing the Grenade launcher and Flamer for the Kasrkin myself. Otherwise I've got a complete squad and some extras.
And a bunch of the old Stormtroopers too.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Failson posted:

Sold. I just hit the Praetorians I was converting with Victoria Miniatures parts to ride Cold Ones. The Vostroyans are easier to move.

I'll need a way to contact you.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
While we're on the metal-IG love train - Give us back these Catachan please!

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1997/1997p010-01.htm

Virtual Russian posted:

I'll need a way to contact you.

Do you have direct messaging on here? I may as well upgrade if you do.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Failson posted:

While we're on the metal-IG love train - Give us back these Catachan please!

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1997/1997p010-01.htm

Do you have direct messaging on here? I may as well upgrade if you do.

I do, anyone with a grenade next to their name has plat. I only learned that when I bought it recently, no idea how I missed that for nearly 20 years.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Virtual Russian posted:

I do, anyone with a grenade next to their name has plat. I only learned that when I bought it recently, no idea how I missed that for nearly 20 years.

Sent.

Also, progress!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

RangerScum posted:

Decided that since I thought this model was cool I'd paint it up and use it as a proxy for a Chaos Lord in 40k. It took forever and I'm not even close to a good enough painter to do it justice but it'll do for now.

For fun, here's a size comparison between a regular Legionaire, Horus, and Abaddon. He's huge lol.

Maybe this belongs in the 30k thread instead but w/e. There's a few other HH Forgeworld models that'll work as good proxies for 40k that I'm looking forward to working on.

Owns.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/05/reveal-the-hounds-weve-caught-the-scent-of-new-kroot-hounds/

New burd degs.

And they can leap very far.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

what good dogs

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

quote:

They’re even handy for capturing objectives, as the Hunting Hounds ability bumps their OC characteristic to 1 when accompanied by a Character. Now if only there were a Kroot Character who could keep up with them…
Kroot Hound With A Hat On will be the next character

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad

Decorus posted:

Old Kasrkin are another group of minis I wish I'd bought. I was just too poor back then, forced to invest in big piles of plastic Cadians instead. :)

I have ~8 old metal stormtroopers, pretty much the last IG infantry I have left unpainted. The squad is missing special weapons, so I never felt the need to paint them. But their time is coming soon, even if I have to do a shitload of greenstuff sculpting to convert something suitable as the last troopers.

I think there are plenty of 3d printed versions of those old IG stormies, you can probably find one or two to be your special weapon guy and sarge

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Kroot doges (krooges?) are cute.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Kroggos obviously. :colbert:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
When do pre-orders go live, I think 10pm est on Friday is what I remember? I gotta get me an ufthak model.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Saturdays is pre-order days, pretty sure you on the money with the time.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Kroot Hound With A Hat On will be the next character

Posing on a tactical hat as well.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Got invited to a local 40k group and I'm playing my first 500 point game this Sunday! Sounds like they also have other new players so I won't be alone in my cluelessness. They're playing 9th edition tho so I have to make a new IG list and also find the books to learn to play ahead of time.

I'm thinking of running a platoon squad, two armored sentinels, tank commander, and two krieg squads. Take that doctrine that let's my vehicles have objective secures to make up for my small amount of ground troops.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Wrr posted:

Got invited to a local 40k group and I'm playing my first 500 point game this Sunday! Sounds like they also have other new players so I won't be alone in my cluelessness. They're playing 9th edition tho so I have to make a new IG list and also find the books to learn to play ahead of time.

I'm thinking of running a platoon squad, two armored sentinels, tank commander, and two krieg squads. Take that doctrine that let's my vehicles have objective secures to make up for my small amount of ground troops.

From my experience playing against them, sentinels seem really good. Cheap, fast, can help you spread out and score secondaries, and you need to direct a non-insignificant bit of firepower at them to get rid of one.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Sephyr posted:

From my experience playing against them, sentinels seem really good. Cheap, fast, can help you spread out and score secondaries, and you need to direct a non-insignificant bit of firepower at them to get rid of one.

I know that one of the players is using custodes and I'm a bit nervous about how their super soldiers will be able to chew through my little idiots. I'm wondering if the pro-strat is to just speed around them and capture all the points with sentinels or to try to push wounds through with Born Soldiers. Since its an automatic wound that means that the custodes can't simply save against it, right? Not really sure how this all works.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Custodes should still get saves against them with their special rules.

9th edition Kasrkin are supposed to be good.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Has a release date been set for the Night Lords upgrade sprue?

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

Wrr posted:

Why do they still play 9th?

In 10th, Guards can definitely kill Custodes, especially if the Custodes are played poorly (as mine were). The Leman Russ Exterminator in particular puts out many attacks that each kill a Custode if it goes through.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

The Demilich posted:

Has a release date been set for the Night Lords upgrade sprue?

It'll be exclusive to the kill team box for a while and we don't have a release date on that yet but potentially within the next two months.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I'm expecting the night lords KT box to drop before Adepticon, so they can show off the following set there.

Also the next KT set is rumoured to have new Vespids, which GW would probably want to unveil before the Tau codex releases.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I finished my entire painting my entire tyranid army!! :slick:

this includes

the entire contents of the Tyranid half of the Leviathan box (47 pieces)

The entire contents of the Tyranid boarding action ( six warriors, eight genestealers, one broodlord)

once I am done basing the final few termagaunts tonight I will take a photo and post it.

I can finally move on to space marines and my kill teams!!!

Pile of shame?! never heard of it!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Feb 6, 2024

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Mound of Pride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Al-Saqr posted:

I finished my entire painting my entire tyranid army!! :slick:

this includes

the entire contents of the Tyranid half of the Leviathan box (47 pieces)

The entire contents of the Tyranid boarding action ( six warriors, eight genestealers, one broodlord)

once I am done basing the final few termagaunts tonight I will take a photo and post it.

I can finally move on to space marines and my kill teams!!!

Pile of shame?! never heard of it!

Hell yeah, that is a monumental achievement!

I've just finished assembling my 5 man chaos terminator squad, so my 1000 point army is officially playable (if not painted)