Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i get it for HotA but the most popular build on the site and the pre-ubers version of the guide are both WW only

https://d4builds.gg/builds/6e2c480f-59fc-4992-837d-67e08d2caf30/?var=3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Foulbrood posted:

When does the HotA barb build start to come online? Still only in the mid-40s and following the leveling build, but so far it’s a less fun pulverize Druid. Charge is pretty fun - even without the aspect.
If you follow the build to the letter it's not that great at levelling. The build starts to escalate into madness around lvl60-70 or so. But before that you can do some basic changes to make leveling faster and more fun:
- Use two basic skills to switch weapons more and trigger the overpower faster plus generate more fury. A good combo is Lunge for move and Frenzied strike for attack speed. Alternate the two to build your overpower trigger stacks fast.
- Skip most shouts. You don't really need them early on. Instead pick one or two non-fury consuming skills, like Leap, Stomp, Charge etc.
- You want Unbridled Rage as key passive for your final build, but early on pick Walking Arsenal (easy to trigger now with two basic skills) or the berserk buff instead.
- Could also try out whirlwind for a while as its just a overall good tool for clearing trash mobs.

The key limiting factors for going all in on the endgame build is fury generation and overpower triggers. The final build generates crazy amounts of fury and has multiple overpower triggers. Once you start to get more fury generation and maybe another overpower trigger or two, that point is a good spot to spec into the end game build. Switching skill points around is quick and cheap so experiment as you go. Gear unless it is 900+ item power you will toss it anyway later so just pick whatever works for now but make sure to save aspects with good rolls for later. Paragon points however take some time to respec so aim for the endgame build right away with those.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 4, 2024

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Leveling up a druid again for this season and having just hit WT3, I feel like I can’t look past the affixes on gear anymore. So many of them are so loving stupid and boring. Having specific gear slots tied to only defensive stuff is so god drat horrid to me, everything should just make me kill things better and faster. I don’t want to put too much hope into the S4 itemization stuff, but I really just want to like this game.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Killed grig solo in wt4 and I didn’t get any shards. My consume tab was full because of course it was but they didn’t appear in my stash as if I’d missed them either.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm posted:

i get it for HotA but the most popular build on the site and the pre-ubers version of the guide are both WW only

https://d4builds.gg/builds/6e2c480f-59fc-4992-837d-67e08d2caf30/?var=3

apparently the answer is "it doesn't proc an overpower for your charge but it does proc an overpower for your rend except that it is an overpower for your charge"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMQavRy4gI @4:21

who knows, seems bunk to me

e: also, from the comments: "Tip for console: If you press charge again while charging, you can stop the animation early so you can hit the boss better"

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 4, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I commented a day or two / page or two ago about how my Bone Spear Necro was kinda slow going and relying on Corpse Explosion. Well apparently I was full of poo poo because I got through the WT2 capstone to get into WT3 at level 43 with relative ease. Like... never used more than 3 potions on any fight, didnt spend a bunch of time grinding through kills. Now I'm level ~50 and even without, uh, any, or maybe 1, Bone Spear-specific Aspects I'm just annihilating stuff, its amazing. I just keep swapping my equipment for wherever the armor or damage number is green and just keep truckin, its amazing.

Then a Charge Barb comes along and makes me look like a chump.

poop chute
Nov 16, 2023

by Athanatos

Lord Packinham posted:

I played a ton last season and never got a useful unique, I just don’t get the itemization and droprates in this game. I thought they were headed in the right direction after a good season 2 but this season is just sucking the wind out of my sails. I want to get uniques to try a different build, but they never drop and I get bored of farming mats and stop playing.

All these build guides are like you need this unique and I just cannot be bothered after farming him a few times

The best thing d3 ever did was turn the drop rate on legendaries wayyyyyy up. It makes playing the game more fun when you can regularly see fancy things dropping.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

filmcynic posted:

Anybody have any favorite robot setups? I've been having a lot of fun with a Tempest/Flash of Adrenaline combo, but I'm seeing a whole lot of Fireflies out there.

Tempest with whatever fire/cold/lighting etc supports your build and crit + damage reduction

Then firefly or lightning with seeking/multishot/piercing

I prefer lightning because the projectiles are faster

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 4, 2024

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I am getting a tad sick of barbs pushing heralds of Malphas two screens away, although it's funny when the herald is also frozen and knocked down.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
They should be charging them into the nearest wall / cliff for that bonus damage :black101:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

sometimes that’s two screens away

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Managed to run into son of malphas and the butcher in one nm vault this week. That’s gotta be pretty rare.

Gonna hit 80 today and pen shot rogue is decent. Still pretty squishy but I can usually murder things before it becomes an issue. Haven’t been using concealment but might switch to that for survivability and reducing the cd of shadow imbuement.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Kaysette posted:

Managed to run into son of malphas and the butcher in one nm vault this week. That’s gotta be pretty rare.

Gonna hit 80 today and pen shot rogue is decent. Still pretty squishy but I can usually murder things before it becomes an issue. Haven’t been using concealment but might switch to that for survivability and reducing the cd of shadow imbuement.

That happened to me yesterday too. They share the same background music, so I got tipped off when the Butcher died and the music didn’t stop. Thankfully I didn’t have to fight them both at the same time, that would have slowed me down with how much health the Son of Malphas has.

Speaking of HP sponges, I did babby’s first Uber Duriel pubbie rotations last night. Nothing reinforces how busted barbs are more than watching the boss consistently lose half to more of its health right after spawning and getting hota’d!

chami fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 4, 2024

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Ok, now I've killed grig and varshan solo in wt4 and didn't get duriel mats off either of them.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

How do you all find pubbie boss rotations anyway? Discord? I was hoping for some kind of lfg tool or something or even ...chat. like you know Diablo II had? Over 20 years ago?

I genuinely can't find ways to group with people.
Currently just running overworld stuff looking for a good juggernaut roll as I totally broke my armour cap so t90 dungeons are a spicy experience of just occasionally exploding instantly when two things hit me at once.

Four sacred from helltide chests so far!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sometimes you can get an invite if you hang out at the entrance, someone who was going to solo it anyway will let you tag along. That's how I got Uber Lilith for the achievement

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Mebh posted:

How do you all find pubbie boss rotations anyway? Discord? I was hoping for some kind of lfg tool or something or even ...chat. like you know Diablo II had? Over 20 years ago?

I genuinely can't find ways to group with people.

Hang around the entrance spamming Hello! or Help Me!
Trade chat when it isn't disabled (lol)
Icy Veins has a group finder discord

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Mebh posted:

This is the Sanctuary discord I’ve used a few times for grouping:

https://discord.gg/diablo4

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Kaysette posted:

This is the Sanctuary discord I’ve used a few times for grouping:

https://discord.gg/diablo4

Yep, this is the one I've used - there's always a bunch of groups going on.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Rod Ferguson confirmed on the Xbox podcast that the Gauntlet is coming Feb. 13th.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
I've been loving around with a rend charge barb since 85 and it is pretty fun and interesting. need to figure out my survivability for doing the uber bosses.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Oh man my HoTA barb hit 60 and power spiked to the moon almost immediately. Two butchers in back to back vaults got laughed out of the place.

E: this feels like the spike I got on rogue once I got bugged Tibault's but I've got 40 more levels of scaling to add on top

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Kaysette posted:

now that i'm doing level 80+ vaults (since like 93? 94? lmao barb) every time i do a vault of stone i'm getting both malpas and butcher. i can't kill either of them so now it's just practice to avoid them

also for anyone else doing charge with controller: you -can- technically stop your charge short if you mash your button again, but i'm not finding it practically useful. i also spent a bit in the dummy room with target lock enabled and never once hit the boss dummy, it would always go past or stop short. is this just me? is there some other tech i'm overlooking? i've mostly just been practicing judging the distance but for varshan, butcher, son of malphas, etc it's still pretty miserable

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

fknlo posted:

Ok, now I've killed grig and varshan solo in wt4 and didn't get duriel mats off either of them.

i was just thinking they must have tuned it so they always drop mats because i was so surprised i got one every kill. guess i've just been RNG lucky

Mebh posted:

there is a trade chart that i think is turned off by default but i see people coordinating in that on console. that or the xbox LFG post system

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

harrygomm posted:

i was just thinking they must have tuned it so they always drop mats because i was so surprised i got one every kill. guess i've just been RNG lucky

I got one mat off each of them the second time I killed them. Might be a first kill thing?

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

harrygomm posted:

I sure hope it’s a guaranteed drop nowadays, farming the materials to summon grigsy and val is a pain.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Last season you always always got a shard or egg from wt4 grig or Varshan, if you were the one who summoned him. There was a low chance of getting 2, as well

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gauntlet has been delayed until further notice

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I found a Staff of Lam Esen today and it reminded me that Charged Bolt is a thing.

lol. lmao.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Gauntlet has been delayed until further notice

Oof.

Supposedly "still on track for season 3" just not on the 13th. Time for another campfire chat with hostage video vibes!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Okay now how about they make it cheaper to re-roll bad affixes on my items. Like.. change two numbers to be like 1/20th the size is all I'm asking here guys. No UI/UX work or anything like that, just let me reroll until I get what I want to tide me over until the itemization rework in 2.5 months.

edit: Which reminds me that I'm surprised that there is no use for White and Blue items. I would have expected something where over time you could add affixes to your items so you could build your own awesome magic item. Add in a way to increase the roll of the affixes over time and you have a stew going.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 5, 2024

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

bio347 posted:

I found a Staff of Lam Esen today and it reminded me that Charged Bolt is a thing.

lol. lmao.

I love the charged bolt. It's so bad.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Word is that there is a bug affecting some people, some times, where Varshan and Grigoire don't drop appropriate rewards. Most notably, not dropping an egg or shard for the summoner, but also sometimes failing to drop a Unique

Maybe skip doing any of that the for the time being! Also the 10 helltide chest challenge is broken/cant be completed, and the 'four level 10 legendary tuning stones' is wonky and you have to start with a totally empty seneschal to get it to trigger :laugh:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

As usual I'm glad I waited

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I had to good fortune of playing right after they fixed vaults and right before they hosed everything else up, haha.

I'll come back for lunar new year when they unfuck everything to claim my season journey rewards on a Hardcore Character and commence phase 2 of the season :hellyeah: Looks like I won't even be late to the gauntlet party

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Last season you always always got a shard or egg from wt4 grig or Varshan, if you were the one who summoned him. There was a low chance of getting 2, as well

i just remember always having an unequal number of mats after doing an equal number of kills of each boss, i guess i wasn't noticing i sometimes got more than one summon item.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Word is that there is a bug affecting some people, some times, where Varshan and Grigoire don't drop appropriate rewards. Most notably, not dropping an egg or shard for the summoner, but also sometimes failing to drop a Unique

Maybe skip doing any of that the for the time being! Also the 10 helltide chest challenge is broken/cant be completed, and the 'four level 10 legendary tuning stones' is wonky and you have to start with a totally empty seneschal to get it to trigger :laugh:

i can confirm i've run poo poo and they don't drop. except that they used to. good lord is this something they've somehow broken in the most recent patches? how does that even happen...

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I was following a guide and it said to do the WT3 capstone around 65 if you can, so I'm 67 in WT4 now and pretty squishy.

Is it better to grit my teeth and try to power through for a few levels in WT4, maybe just leech off legion events and the world boss, or drop back to WT3?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

~Coxy posted:

I was following a guide and it said to do the WT3 capstone around 65 if you can, so I'm 67 in WT4 now and pretty squishy.

Is it better to grit my teeth and try to power through for a few levels in WT4, maybe just leech off legion events and the world boss, or drop back to WT3?

Leech off whoever is running a legion, world boss, hell even the robot events for herald kills.
Being a leech is not only legal, it's encouraged!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Agreeing with leach. I got into WT3 at 43 with Bone Spear Necro and was running on my own in no time just from the sheer power spike from getting Sacred items and a few levels in no time flat from leaching.