Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

the canadian trucker convoy protesting the vaccine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mind_Taker posted:

the canadian trucker convoy protesting the vaccine

Them basically getting everything they asked for

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

ikanreed posted:

Them sti being insanely pissed about it

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
the British Empire's last attempt to found a new colony, the Phoenix Islands Settlement Scheme, started in 1938 and they didn't give up on it until the 1960s.

it was an attempt to colonize four extremely isolated barren desert atolls in the South Pacific, which had no reliable source of fresh water and no natural resources to speak of.

the islands are all technically part of Kiribati now but are all uninhabited, the locals having no particular interest in trying to settle them.

also nobody seems to have pointed out that the project was called PISS

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Pat Tillman quits the NFL but ends up receiving an even more traumatic brain injury

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Milo and POTUS posted:

Pat Tillman quits the NFL but ends up receiving an even more traumatic brain injury

"This war is so loving illegal" - Pat Tillman

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Somehow still better than the average troop, if only he had better blocking

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
When you think about it, friendly fire is a kind of safety, scoring against your own team

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Own goal squad goals.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ikanreed posted:

drat are you saying direct action gets the goods?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden_(The_Onion)

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euVkDbQz144

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
hl mencken on warren g harding's speeches:

quote:

It reminds me of a string of wet sponges, it reminds me of tattered washing on the line; it reminds me of stale bean soup, of college yells, of dogs barking idiotically through endless nights. It is so bad that a kind of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm ... of pish, and crawls insanely up the topmost pinnacle of tosh. It is rumble and bumble. It is balder and dash.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Lol, that reminds me of when the Earl of Sandwich, a sometime friend of John Wilkes, told him that "[he] will die either on the gallows, or of the pox"; Wilkes replied, "That must depend on whether I embrace your lordship's principles or your mistress!" :monocle: :haw:

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Pokeom Go To The Polls.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

bedpan posted:

by far, the most insanely antisemitic thing I've ever seen depicted to the point that it is difficult to talk about because even bland description sounds like a viscous anti-Semitic attack

I don't think saying 'a hasidic jew climbed out of a storm drain' sounds antisemitic. Did the protocols of the elders of zion say jews love to hang out in sewers or something?

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
the first two Soviet women in space went on to both become politicians after the fall of the USSR, the first a reactionary religious fundamentalist and the second a communist hardliner, and they hate each other

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Lenin pretended not to speak English when meeting with Emma Goldman even though he spoke it 100% fine and her Russian was very bad

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Mister Bates posted:

Lenin pretended not to speak English when meeting with Emma Goldman even though he spoke it 100% fine and her Russian was very bad

Lenin writing in his diary about how distraught he was Rosa Luxemburg's cat didn't like him

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lenin had the spirit of a true poster

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Mister Bates posted:

What was the motivation there?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Orange Devil posted:

The linguistic equivalent of Evrart Claire's chair.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Orange Devil posted:

he knew anarchists are not to be trusted

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Orange Devil posted:

Anarchists

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Rob Ford, wearing a football jersey, during a live press conference, regarding allegations that he told a woman he wanted to eat her pussy: "I'm happily married, I have more than enough to eat at home".

And his statements/time were over. He did a "oh, and one more thing" to address it and mic-drop that nugget before leaving.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Ruffian Price posted:

The linguistic equivalent of Evrart Claire's chair.

Mister Lenin is helping me find my freedom.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Rob Ford, wearing a football jersey, during a live press conference, regarding allegations that he told a woman he wanted to eat her pussy: "I'm happily married, I have more than enough to eat at home".

And his statements/time were over. He did a "oh, and one more thing" to address it and mic-drop that nugget before leaving.

dudes rock

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Lenin also met with extremely elderly Russian anarchist Peter Kropotkin, who was a personal hero of his and who Lenin was looking forward to finally meeting, and tried to discuss getting Kropotkin's texts on history and science published and widely distributed, and getting Kropotkin personally involved in building up the education system, possibly even a formal position in the Bolshevik government with that responsibility

what actually happened is that Kropotkin spent the meeting repetitively old-man rambling about cooperatives until Lenin eventually realized he was not going to stop and very gently led him away

'ok grandpa time for your nap'

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Weka posted:

I don't think saying 'a hasidic jew climbed out of a storm drain' sounds antisemitic. Did the protocols of the elders of zion say jews love to hang out in sewers or something?

I mean, a large part of the dehumanization of the Jews in WWII was done through comparisons to rats so...

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

nice obelisk idiot posted:

hl mencken on warren g harding's speeches:

Lol owned

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

Lenin writing in his diary about how distraught he was Rosa Luxemburg's cat didn't like him

I wish to know more.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Rand Paul posted:

I wish to know more.

quote:

Lenin, the consummate politician, paid court to Luxemburg's beloved cat, Mimi, declaring that "only in Siberia had he seen such a magnificent creature, that she was a barskii kot – a majestic cat". Mimi had "rolled on her back and behaved enticingly towards him, but when he tried to approach her she whacked him with a paw and snarled like a tiger".

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Lenin loving loved cats

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Classic cat trolling

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
That's just a cat lol

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Cats are counterrevolutionary. Fascists all the way down.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

he just like me fr

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://x.com/chenweihua/status/1334567538534084608?s=46&t=UiTVuiDvpkwYqlzJnMDbJA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in

Sometimes I wonder if 陳大哥 is one person or a team. Another thing he has in common with Shakespeare.