Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
me six months ago: this podcast sucks, it's just dudes pretending to laugh at each others jokes and saying "that was craazy" to cover for how often they can't think of anything interesting to say. also dick the cock johnson isn't funny

me today: or maybe not brother lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s how it is for everybody

It’s usually the highlight of my podcast week now

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

mondays are very important to me for that reason also please watch dpw its not an efed and its pretty good

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Pisscast was pretty much what Deadlock is now.

Karmine, Oatgan and Manflurry could be making $40k a month talking about WrestleMania IV.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jubs posted:

Karmine, Oatgan and Manflurry could be making $40k a month talking about WrestleMania IV.

Lol glad I'm not the only one who did the math on their subscriber number

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i dont think deadlock would have taken off like it did if it wasnt for johnny joining. like i know pulse and tony are also youtube/twitch/video game guys with their own fans but definitely believe NewLegacy is much bigger since wrestlers even in WWE and before acknowledged them. Johnny was only supposed to be a guest until the original 3rd chair started working for 2K games

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Deadlock owes its success to Johnny finding the Ultimate WWE Joke Book

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

keithy george posted:

Season 5 has been three months between main episodes, which most people will rarely remember. Reviewing a season of Tough Enough over the space of... several years?

The last solid things they did were the WWA reviews and The Last Ride, mostly because those are things not covered to death, and even those were stretched over months. They can do whatever they want, it just seems weird when they become full time podcasters (I think?) that everything feels sporadic and their main feed has been sparse and all over the place.

The sporadic nature of the episodes would be due to the number of podcasts besides the AE Podcast that they're juggling, in addition to putting out regular Patreon content. The SmackDown Crawl episodes are very regular, and aren't interrupted by the caption contests. I guess the focus ends up going towards what pays the bills at the end of the day.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Alaois posted:

natallya are going to wrestlemania

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Drake MavRicochet

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Alaois posted:

Drake MavRicochet

He’s just happy to pee there

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get away from Baron Corbin, that guy stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jubs posted:

Wrestlehut Pisscast was the best, but Oatgan couldn't figure out how to podcast without being inside his car to update the pod enough and Manflurry would have spent all the patreon money on steroids

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

i dont think deadlock would have taken off like it did if it wasnt for johnny joining. like i know pulse and tony are also youtube/twitch/video game guys with their own fans but definitely believe NewLegacy is much bigger since wrestlers even in WWE and before acknowledged them. Johnny was only supposed to be a guest until the original 3rd chair started working for 2K games

that is very true, i never would have listened if Johnny wasent on. I had never heard of pulse or tony before in fact i might just look for that tony wcw thing pulse always said he loved

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Which episode of the Deadlock did the "how's your lips" thing start on?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
"What's 'The Man's' favorite bird?"
"A swallow"
"Becky Finch! ...WHAT?!?"

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

that is very true, i never would have listened if Johnny wasent on.

thats for true

Alaois posted:

...and thats for true!!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Catching up on the last couple of Deadlocks, and holy poo poo Tony has a good "professional voice" on the Factor ad read. Sounded like a different person.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Paying2Lurk posted:

Catching up on the last couple of Deadlocks, and holy poo poo Tony has a good "professional voice" on the Factor ad read. Sounded like a different person.

It's very funny hearing him talk on one of his youtube videos from his solo channel because he really does sound like a different person. Also he's really working that algorithm with every thumbnail including a picture of him going :-o

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
No James again this week :(

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Can they seriously not find a couple of hours a week where all 3 guys are free?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm glad they're delaying the deadies until everyone is present

So like april

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I do kind of wish they would pick a day of the week in which they are all able to be there and would give them enough time to edit the episode to reliably get it out on the day they decide. It sounds like lately they've all just been getting sick repeatedly but even when they're all on the episodes it's becoming less likely the episode comes out by Monday morning nowadays. I dunno, it's whatever because I love Deadlock but I've never listened to any other podcast that was so unreliable about when the episode comes out and who is on it.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Eeevil posted:

Which episode of the Deadlock did the "how's your lips" thing start on?

episode 200

explosivo posted:

I do kind of wish they would pick a day of the week in which they are all able to be there and would give them enough time to edit the episode to reliably get it out on the day they decide. It sounds like lately they've all just been getting sick repeatedly but even when they're all on the episodes it's becoming less likely the episode comes out by Monday morning nowadays. I dunno, it's whatever because I love Deadlock but I've never listened to any other podcast that was so unreliable about when the episode comes out and who is on it.

yeah it's a really weird dichotomy where all 3 want the pod to exist & thrive but they also genuinely don't give a poo poo if any of the three have anything to do with any particular episode

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

As long as Johnny's there I'll listen

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Tony directly to Jimmy Harts face: We love the XWF

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

dsriggs posted:

Can they seriously not find a couple of hours a week where all 3 guys are free?
It sounds like the boys have been trading various sicknesses all month. not sure what you want them to do.

In this case, they say Pulse had strep throat after the WWE2k24 event, so I don't think a podcast was in the cards until he's healthy.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Terry Brunk would have just superglued his throat and finished the pod, brother

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
james immune system is COMPLETELY PATHETIC

HE ALMOST HAD TO QUIT

related: but I had no idea stone cold had a stopover in ECW, I always thought he went straight to wwe from wcw

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

related: but I had no idea stone cold had a stopover in ECW, I always thought he went straight to wwe from wcw
I assume if you were unaware of his ECW run you've never seen this promo. always been one of my favorites from Austin even if it is Heyman just gave him 5 minutes to let out his shoot frustrations with WCW. check this out (apologies for the poo poo audio quality):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlN8-Su7RGs

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Steve Austin in ECW owned, especially that time he got pinned by Mikey Whipwreck

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Austin was meant to go over but he outright said he didn't want to as he felt he was a better chaser than a guy with the belt, and as SCSA proved he is very much right. For the modern version see guys like Hangman whose chases are always going to own but his best stuff comes when he isn't the champion.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

God drat that's such a great promo.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lid posted:

Austin was meant to go over but he outright said he didn't want to as he felt he was a better chaser than a guy with the belt, and as SCSA proved he is very much right. For the modern version see guys like Hangman whose chases are always going to own but his best stuff comes when he isn't the champion.

This brings up a question in my mind - who are better holders than chasers? Top of my head is a guy like Mox who just seems like he's meant to be at the top of the card. Other people like Okada and even back in the LU days Jeff Cobb feel like end bosses and make great world champs.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Shard posted:

This brings up a question in my mind - who are better holders than chasers? Top of my head is a guy like Mox who just seems like he's meant to be at the top of the card. Other people like Okada and even back in the LU days Jeff Cobb feel like end bosses and make great world champs.

I get that feeling from Samoa Joe right now.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Samoa Joe for a very topical example

edit: jinx

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Toby Keith died and all I can think of is jawnny's rendition of "We'll put a boot in yer rear end, it's the American way!"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

explosivo posted:

Toby Keith died and all I can think of is jawnny's rendition of "We'll put a boot in yer rear end, it's the American way!"

huh of all the threads to learn that toby keith died. i guess the american way is dying of stomach cancer at 62.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Infinite Money Glitch doesn't equal Infinite Life Glitch, not even in the US of A. Remember that, kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shard posted:

Joe, Mox, HHH, Flair, Hogan, Angle, Okada, Misawa, Tsuruta

I always felt that The Rock was pretty good at both holding the belt and chasing it back in the day.