Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I mean, a large part of the dehumanization of the Jews in WWII was done through comparisons to rats so...

If you said it and followed it up with "...like a rat" then sure but rats do heaps of things. Personally I have never seen one climb out of a drain. In fact, climbing out of storm drains is a thing I associate with Hasidic Jews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I have more respect for people climbing out of storm drains into them, that's for sure!

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

This tweet is what my lib friends point to when they criticize Comrade Chen for being misogynist. Guess they've internalized "When they go low, we go high" (another funny politics thing I just remembered)

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

nikki haley renaming her husband

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Jesus christ

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Clowner posted:

Sometimes I wonder if 陳大哥 is one person or a team. Another thing he has in common with Shakespeare.

Phillip K Dick was convinced Stanislaw Lem was a fake name for a team of writers sponsored by the Polish government

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Wish I had all the CNN/MSNBC ratfucking screenshots put together. Like putting Sanders as "Other", or completely skipping the numbers and instead showing trend arrows, or just not mentioning him at all

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

StashAugustine posted:

Phillip K Dick was convinced Stanislaw Lem was a fake name for a team of writers sponsored by the Polish government

Was this information beamed into his head by the pink amphetamine laser or

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

What would be a good summary of what exactly happened?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Animal-Mother posted:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Bernie Sanders did not want to be president

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

Most candidates dropped out to support Biden and his name recognition, the media apparatus pushed the idea that his platform was basically the same as Sanders, and Warren stayed in primarily to do suicide-bombing debate tactics. Plus some of Sanders' campaign staff were DNC loyalists anyways.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

bedpan posted:

kneebending motherfucker owes me 20 bucks

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Animal-Mother posted:

The 2020 DNC was not as dysfunctional as the 2016 RNC, and thus were able to successfully coalesce against an outside threat.

They were assisted by the outside threat not having any real strategy for disrupting this or working around it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

More to the point while the Republicans would prefer to channel Trump's pure id to their own purposes they're not really opposed to it on its own terms, while when moderate social democracy is incompatible with the Democrats

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Kitfox88 posted:

kneebending motherfucker owes me 20 bucks

This is unironically funny politics stuff. I PAID for that candidate! :mad:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I love how those act blue emails are still like

Hi, it's Nancy pelosi, all democracy dies in darkness if you can't pay the power bill for my ice cream freezer

Please help or we will blame it all on you. Do not let us down

And it's been that tone forever now so nobody believes them anymore

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
All the Fox News polls about Obama

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

sleeptalker posted:

Most candidates dropped out to support Biden and his name recognition, the media apparatus pushed the idea that his platform was basically the same as Sanders, and Warren stayed in primarily to do suicide-bombing debate tactics. Plus some of Sanders' campaign staff were DNC loyalists anyways.

This was much of his campaign staff in particular the higher rungs. Bernie Sanders deliberately constructed a team of democratic insiders, professional NGO and consultancy workers, careerists, and committed ladder climbers. These are the people he wanted around himself, in part as he later said, to help raise their profile so that they would get jobs in the Biden administration.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

turns out he's really good at killing people.

bedpan posted:

neither did Trump initially and see how that went.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Bernie Sanders was a Dem psyop to channel leftist anger at the candidacy of Hillary Clinton into vote blue no matter who

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Also he woulda won

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

bernie was good

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

neither did Trump initially and see how that went.

remembering on election night 2016 where the podium at trump's election night victory party had a bit labeled "TRUMP TV" and he was very clearly going to transition into a television grift until he accidentally won

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the idea of Bernie was better than the actual man, as is often the case when it comes to these things

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Well it's not like Stalin would run for office

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the idea of Bernie was better than the actual man, as is often the case when it comes to these things

Haha remember the Idea of Obama, back in '08?

haha

:smithicide:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

perhaps. Yet, he was good all the same

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

World War Mammories posted:

remembering on election night 2016 where the podium at trump's election night victory party had a bit labeled "TRUMP TV" and he was very clearly going to transition into a television grift until he accidentally won

Abuela didn't even write a concession speech. She was inconsolable all night while John Podesta gave the speech for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QuDMmb47Vw
That's the cnn cameraman being interviewed here.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Telluric Whistler posted:

This tweet is what my lib friends point to when they criticize Comrade Chen for being misogynist. Guess they've internalized "When they go low, we go high" (another funny politics thing I just remembered)

Personally I appreciate his fact-based approach to hard hitting journalism.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Wearing my Bernie 2020 shirt right now as a matter of fact

I don't wear it out but it's in heavy rotation in my "around the house" wardrobe

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That shirt? Hates women

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
bernie sanders hates every single living person except for joe biden. naturally, this means he hates all women.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

World War Mammories posted:

Melania wanting a divorce and then crying when Trump won

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I wonder what she will do if he does against all odds go to jail.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

MikeCrotch posted:

Melania wanting a divorce and then crying when Trump won

I thought that was pence's wife quoted saying something like "well, you GOT what you WANTED, Michael"

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

more falafel please posted:

I thought that was pence's wife quoted saying something like "well, you GOT what you WANTED, Michael"

Lol that job ended with a crowd literally screaming to hang him. Can you imagine the "Told You So" he got?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They weren't trying to hang him, they just wanted to know where he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
every presidential term should end with the ritual execution of the president and vice president.