Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

God save the king's arse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Oh no every royal, Lord and member of the house of commons has died of arse cancer

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
it’s those wooden seats

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's the semen retention.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
She's really eager to bump off another head of state

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1754836397804888418?t=Qkj7Ytl6uYMB-BodiLZ2tg&s=19

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Country visibly decaying, beaches covered in human poo poo

People want more public spending? Bwuh??

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lmao he spent his entire life making big plans about what he'll do as king and instead dies of rear end rot after a year

He looked miserable as gently caress while he was being crowned. He knew his mum had hung on too long, and now he was too old to have the energy to do all the stuff he'd planned for (lol).

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Getting ready for Prince Archie to become king and president of the USA at the same time :twisted:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/1754622071055753610

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Pistol_Pete posted:

too old to have the energy to do all the stuff he'd planned for (lol).

Children everywhere heave a sigh of relief.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

god save the kings o-ring

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Regarde Aduck posted:

Country visibly decaying, beaches covered in human poo poo

People want more public spending? Bwuh??

THERES NO FAHKING MONEY

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i did some napkin math thats probably wrong but i figured itd cost hundreds of millions worth of diesel fuel to move one of our new aircraft carriers to the red sea, so its funny to now see us constantly coming up with excuses for why neither of them can move

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Communist Thoughts posted:

i did some napkin math thats probably wrong but i figured itd cost hundreds of millions worth of diesel fuel to move one of our new aircraft carriers to the red sea, so its funny to now see us constantly coming up with excuses for why neither of them can move

Sounds too much for fuel alone, but when you add in the equipment, the spare parts, the salary costs of the crew, provisions etc, the daily cost of maintaining one of those things at sea must be loving astronomical.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Plus the specific ethnicity of the cooks akin to a Vogon Construction Fleet

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

Sounds too much for fuel alone, but when you add in the equipment, the spare parts, the salary costs of the crew, provisions etc, the daily cost of maintaining one of those things at sea must be loving astronomical.

you guys used to have an empire lmao

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Starbucks posted:

Plus the specific ethnicity of the cooks akin to a Vogon Construction Fleet

there’s the real problem; navy’s too woke can’t set sail until we get that mess hall issue sorted

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Course they're woke nobody is washing their bedding any more

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Pistol_Pete posted:

the joke was we could have the carriers or the jets but not both

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

I say we should have done just planes and based them in all our colonies. THE SUN NEVER SETS ON BRITTANIA

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Starbucks posted:

I say we should have done just planes and based them in all our colonies. THE SUN NEVER SETS ON BRITTANIA

Airstrip 1, Airstrip 2, Airstrip 3...

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1754761948804075991

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Nanomashoes posted:

you guys used to have an empire lmao

Turns out you can't run empires on neoliberalism

You can't even run a backwater has been shitheap island on neoliberalism

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

Turns out you can't run empires on neoliberalism

You can't even run a backwater has been shitheap island on neoliberalism

You could argue that neoliberalism is the only thing that kept the empire going, since the loss of the colonies meant that the UK could only maintain its obscene ill-gotten wealth through its influence over international finance. The UK is a more fully neocolonial power than any of the other major imperial countries. That you're now stripping the copper out of the walls is the bill collector coming to get his due after decades of delaying the inevitable.

The City of London must FEED

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1755148952024801775?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

King Charles is 75 years old and constantly swelling with gout from too much beef welly. I don’t think it’s getting better.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The King is full of vigour and fight. Surprisingly down to earth and very funny.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
A normal pensioner would likely be in trouble but he'll be on the premium small-batch child stem cells. Back at work within the month

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

he’s dead

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1755148952024801775?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

King Charles is 75 years old and constantly swelling with gout from too much beef welly. I don’t think it’s getting better.

What a vibe killer

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

keep punching joe posted:

The King is full of vigour and fight. Surprisingly down to earth and very funny.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

I dunno it depends on a lot of things like what kind of cancer, what stage, how many children are bled to replenish his body, how many horcruxes remain etc.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This man should be in the Hague for war crimes but instead is doing g this

https://twitter.com/claudcockerell/status/1755001987748258101?t=zHMiIaKNvxswIbwrTPX2KA&s=19

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

I think this is another part of the larger context where Labour are taking a lot of votes they had in 2019 for granted and looking at Red Wall / Swing voters only.

The whole “What are you gonna do? Vote Tory?” ness at the end wasn’t needed.

In regards to political capital and the US, at the moment you need to look at the fact you have no idea who to build that capital with — Biden or Trump.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

A normal pensioner would likely be in trouble but he'll be on the premium small-batch child stem cells. Back at work within the month

They’re “not revealing” what kind of cancer it is. they say it’s not prostate cancer, which leads me to believe it is.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Starbucks posted:

I think this is another part of the larger context where Labour are taking a lot of votes they had in 2019 for granted and looking at Red Wall / Swing voters only.

The whole “What are you gonna do? Vote Tory?” ness at the end wasn’t needed.

In regards to political capital and the US, at the moment you need to look at the fact you have no idea who to build that capital with — Biden or Trump.

TBF I think the sentiment against the Tories is so bad that their strategy of keeping Tory voters away (because they aren't threatened by Keir) will work

It's absolutely toxic in government though because once they are in power and do nothing about Gaza people can't pretend that Keith isn't playing 4th dimensional chess anymore

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They’re “not revealing” what kind of cancer it is. they say it’s not prostate cancer, which leads me to believe it is.
it’s not prostate cancer in the propositional logic sense; it’s every other kind of cancer

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1755148799368904986

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

These people need to be loving stopped

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Use her title Baroness Davidson, she hates when people use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Who is Beth rigby