Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
someone put a boot in his rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Don't worry, his pocket Supreme Court Justice will take care of this

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The coolest part about our ruling class is how petty they are. Harlan Crow committing crimes over a measly $8m in taxes. Trump cashing $0.34 checks from Spy.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
$8m lol his wife probably spends that at Neiman Marcus in a couple of months

Apr 7, 2003

Here's that thing I mention sometimes about the liberal media establishment taking bad faith poo poo from bad actors and pretending it's actually good faith. We all have the same goals for America and just disagree on how to get there, after all.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

So embarrassing. This reminds me of the other day, when I was mentioned to my friends something Augustine said, but I learned shortly afterward that it was actually Aquinas who said it.

holtemon posted:

Gonna drink a beer and talk about 9/11 all day in his honor

I'm going to stick a boot up someone's rear end! :hehe:

William Bear has issued a correction as of 15:49 on Feb 6, 2024

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Salt Fish posted:

Tempted to read Dune but worried it might be a prank like telling a goon to taste their own piss.

Oh yeah, dune? Oh man you gotta read that haha

The first book is good and well paced

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

I wanna read the rest of this story lol

quote:

The second theory about Uncle O’Grimacey’s retirement is far more controversial. As the rumor goes, according to Billy Penn, Uncle O’Grimacey was removed from public eye after an actor playing the mascot in Philadelphia made comments in support of the IRA. (The IRA, or Irish Revolutionary Army, refers to a series of paramilitary groups that have historically fought for Irish independence from British rule.)

However, this theory has almost no factual basis: There is no record of any Uncle O’Grimacey-related incident in Philadelphia at the time.

The story is much more likely to stem from a 1997 article by satirical newspaper The Onion, which facetiously reported that the IRA demanded year-round access to the seasonally available Shamrock Shakes, and attributed inflammatory fake quotes to Uncle O’Grimacey.

“Release the shakes to us at once,” The Onion joked on behalf of Uncle O'Grimacey, “or the lives of your children will be forfeit.”

Aw man I should've left it a mystery - Onion article

holtemon has issued a correction as of 16:07 on Feb 6, 2024

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1754883119717462337

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Get back to me when scrotus weighs in

Apr 7, 2003

even if this is the end of the immunity question it's too late to get these trials rolling before the election. lol

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

:siren: DC CIRCUIT RULING ON IMMUNITY

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1754884107123732701?s=20

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lpzie posted:

anybody Online?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

can't wait for the scotus to say my president is immune (no opinion)

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
court rules that donald j trump, according to legal theory, could conceivably be prosecuted for something in some alternate dimension

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

holtemon posted:

I wanna read the rest of this story lol

Aw man I should've left it a mystery - Onion article

O'Grimacy said the only good British soldier is a dead British soldier

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want to think O'Grimacy said that while wearing his green costume and vest.

Apr 7, 2003

kaleedity posted:

can't wait for the scotus to say my president is immune (no opinion)

also it'll get that "this isn't precedent" note that the 2000 election decision had

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

scotus will rule he’s not immune but it’ll be too late and he’ll be re-elected and then arrest the court for betrayal

Apr 7, 2003

maybe they should have got this ball rolling two and a half years ago. idk

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Condensed History of O'Grimacy Family (1997) posted:

In a videotaped statement from an IRA safehouse somewhere near Belfast, Uncle O'Grimacey, the most radical member of the Grimace family, demanded the immediate loosening of Shamrock Shake restrictions throughout Northern Ireland. "Release the shakes to us at once," O'Grimacey said, "or the lives of your children will be forfeit."

McDonald's shake representative Grimace was quick to distance himself from his IRA-member uncle. "All shakes in their time is my watchword, and certain flavors all year," Grimace said. "O'Grimacey is a radical Grimace acting without the approval of the McDonald's corporation."

The Shamrock Shake was banned in Northern Ireland until 1920, when Parliament finally voted to allow its consumption once a year, during the week of St. Patrick's Day. Between 1968 and 1994, more than 3,000 were killed in shake-related violence, including some 350 deaths during the "Minty March" Riots of 1974.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

also it'll get that "this isn't precedent" note that the 2000 election decision had

"well duh, he's president, not precedent!"

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/3YearLetterman/status/1754884497848279075

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
make the truths u unimmune bitch

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

it'll probably get overturned by the Supreme Court, or delayed until the election (which Toop will win) but for now... I will enjoy this lol

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Well gee, it's not very funny when you put it like that

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiXNUaSjXRY

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SCOTUS punted any ruling on this topic until the DC circuit ruled first. Now they get to rule for Trump and say he's handsome, brilliant, and a good kisser, and immune from any and all laws on this earthly and heavenly realm (G*d is dead, Trump is g*d now)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I don't think SCOTUS will rule he has immunity just because SCOTUS usually enjoys limiting the other branches power whenever they possibly can. You can usually count on them to do that when they have the opportunity.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Not immune? Heh, maybe you should have not talked poo poo about a vaccine?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

this is me irl

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Basebf555 posted:

I don't think SCOTUS will rule he has immunity just because SCOTUS usually enjoys limiting the other branches power whenever they possibly can. You can usually count on them to do that when they have the opportunity.

this post gave me a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
but if a president doesn’t have immunity they can’t do crimes!

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Court delays it until he wins and says he could be potentially prosecuted once he leaves office.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Sorry thread but FORMER president Donald Trump is heading to prison.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

titty_baby_ posted:

Well gee, it's not very funny when you put it like that

U2 wrote a song about the events. It was titled Sunday Minty Sunday

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

a.lo posted:

Sorry thread but FORMER president Donald Trump is heading to prison.

they call it the white house

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
you no longer need an invite to reg on bluesky

(embed the skies jeffrey!!!!)

https://bsky.social/about/blog/02-06-2024-join-bluesky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Here's hopin