Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

:sickos:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Tiger, Tiger

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

See Remy, the difference is that Jamis was a good guy deep down and Rakkatak is not.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Linked for titties

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Star Impact

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

So basically she did nothing particular and it just passed. Well, that's a thrilling story.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Giant Ethicist posted:

Sweetness and Lightning is cute, and I appreciate it's non-skeevy portrayal of a student-teacher crush, but the way Tsumugi's eyes look like they have goat pupils really puts me off a little. I know the effect the artist is going for, but still.

Yeah, I totally see what you mean, though I think that Kotori has the goat pupils way harder than Tsumugi. It makes their eyes look real wet, which helps sell the emotional beats but does look weird a lot of the time.

Sweetness And Lightning

Despite the text here saying that mr galigali is pink, every time i look at tsumugi in this costume my brain tells me that it's a straw blonde color (just a little more bleached out than tsumugi's hair)

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Kit Walker posted:

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

the tone swings are crazy but the art when it goes super detail mode is cool. i dont know if i like this comic yet (it's also apparently really long?) souboutei must be contemplated

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

the tone swings are crazy but the art when it goes super detail mode is cool. i dont know if i like this comic yet (it's also apparently really long?) souboutei must be contemplated

Yeah, though I’d say even the detailed art can be a bit hit or miss especially at the beginning. There’s some degree of Jojo-esque anatomy jazz that will persist but the art overall tightens up as it goes on and a lot of the later stuff is downright gorgeous. Tonally, I think it also becomes a bit more consistent once we’re past the introductory stuff, though it’s going to continue oscillating between comedy and horror

And yeah, it’s fairly lengthy but the shorter chapters (after the first couple) means we’ll be moving briskly too

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 53: Take Me Out to Kitano

We meet an important new character, though he'll take a while to cycle down: it's Date Masamune, the one eyed dragon. He's the last more or less independent major daimyo at this point, though it seems he'd still rather be the Big Man in Kyoto, even this late in the game. Hideyoshi's got the whole rest of the country locked up now that he's taken Kyushu.

Also Nagamasu's astonishing survival sense is pinging bad vibes off of Rikyu: probably not a good sign.

Issuing a correction: Hideyoshi hasn't yet squashed the Hojo in Sagami, there are still a few independent players in eastern Japan. Date will basically be the last one standing as far as I know.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

spoilered for mild gore

Lunar Maladies

Emzedoh posted:

4th page is doubled up.
Fixed!

fritz has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Feb 6, 2024

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

4th page is doubled up.

Also ow

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Emzedoh posted:

Cooking Papa, Cook 18: A Cold Night Calls for Hot Chawanmushi

I'm so sorry to be bringing this up now, so long after it was posted; I momentarily stopped reading the thread while on a trip last year and am still catching up. :sweatdrop:

Anyway, I'm interested in pharmacology, and the mention of the antiviral here caught my eye. When I looked this drug up, I discovered that it wasn't approved for medical use till 2014--decades after this comic was published--and that it's prescription-only. Not something these folks would be picking up on the way home. An antiviral drug also doesn't sound like the kind of thing that would hit the spot on a snowy night, or that people would be excited about going out for.

It turns out that the original says 熱カン, or sake heated to about 50°C. Needless to say, this makes a ton more sense.

Back to playing catch-up! Thanks for all the great stuff I get to read along the way.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I did think it was a bit weird that they were all going to go off and take cold medicine together. Thanks for figuring it out!

Man, Bartley Scans were a bit rough around the edges, weren't they?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I cannot overstate how excited I am for the return of abbeycourt manner.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Emzedoh posted:

I did think it was a bit weird that they were all going to go off and take cold medicine together. Thanks for figuring it out!

Man, Bartley Scans were a bit rough around the edges, weren't they?
I think this might have been the next team of translators, which seems a little better so far. Why they felt they could/should shoehorn in a weird drug reference, I'll never know. (Oh, and 熱カン is pronounced "atsukan"--not close enough to the drug name to write it off as a "Bartley"-type error, though the use of kanji would preclude that, anyway.)

I also suspect "Lever" should be "Levar," but he's cool enough to pull it off either way.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I guess it turns out that fan translation is a bit of a crapshoot.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hirayuki posted:

I also suspect "Lever" should be "Levar," but he's cool enough to pull it off either way.

better nick an' levar

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
the notion of sterilizing your breast before breastfeeding is very funny, i'd never heard of that before

as if a baby isn't putting anything it gets it's hands on in it's mouth constantly and that there's something on your boob that is going to be worse than any of that

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Golden Stag by @cajamapat

One-Shot

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

If the car has LED headlights, it's the Platinum Stag.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

cant cook creole bream posted:

So basically she did nothing particular and it just passed. Well, that's a thrilling story.

her point is that you don't necessarily have to panic about every little thing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean, I probably would be more invested in the childbirth and toddlerhood comic if the baby was on a secret mission to save humanity's existence or something

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The Golden Stag by @cajamapat

One-Shot

Great one shot as usual, Rhino.

I couldn't help but chuckle a little at this page though. Maybe the truck has celiac disease?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Every update has me saying holy poo poo out loud

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

The Vagabond of Limbo

I'm not translating all of this, sorry. It's a recap of the previous stories.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Goddamn it I am rooting for the horrible society lady oligarch and her devoted butler. gently caress.

Volume 4!

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 24: Timebomb

I invite the thread to share their noro experiences - not that I've had it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

But enough about my posts

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Captain Hygiene posted:

I mean, I probably would be more invested in the childbirth and toddlerhood comic if the baby was on a secret mission to save humanity's existence or something

Every baby is on a mission to save humanity, when you think about it...

This was good, but what I really liked was the handle "cajama pat"

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

But enough about my posts

Not quite hygienic enough, huh?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I will say that the description of the surgical treatment of mastitis almost made ME pass out.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

uncle leopold rules my uncle didn't shoot poo poo for me

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sludge Knight: The Young Mistress

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (May 6-13, 1945)

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

There's no way that last panel is not a set up. The boyfriend is going to be hunted like an animal for twenty straight updates, I stake my life on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

CheeseThief posted:

There's no way that last panel is not a set up. The boyfriend is going to be hunted like an animal for twenty straight updates, I stake my life on it.

I'll take that bet.
*Sharpens a Kukri blade while maintaining eye contact*