Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

kinda feels like this one quote in an article that is mostly about Dan Quinn anyway is being a little bit sensationalized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1754857623453888661?s=20

So the Ravens are now NOT hiring Jerry Rosburg as the "game manager". I guess he wanted better pay for doing the head coach's job for him. Don't blame him if so.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Joe Barry hired by the Dolphins as Linebacker coach (good) and run-game coordinator (bad). The run game coordinator is a real head scratcher because Green Bay's defense was hot garbage against the run, allowing the second most per carry over the past three years at 4.7 yards.

Wait, he has a job on each side of the ball? Weird, I can't think of many cases of guys splitting responsibilities like that.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Mega64 posted:

Are all new owners this inept?

Harris hasn't done anything this petty in Philadelphia, so I'm kind of surprised tbh. he's just a run-of-the-mill bad decision maker. the (multiple) group(s) of people he's put in charge of the Sixers in the past decade have squandered having four top-three picks in five seasons (including two #1s) and they're continuing to completely gently caress up at every turn. I think the Nurse hire was an ok one but everything he's presided over the past nine seasons has been sorely disappointing

sorry Commanders fans

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

There can be offensive and defensive run / pass game coordinators which always trips me up

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The really weird thing is that the Dolphins already have two highly regarded linebacker coaches, both of which interviewed for the DC job.

Does this mean Campanile is leaving?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

romanowski posted:

kinda feels like this one quote in an article that is mostly about Dan Quinn anyway is being a little bit sensationalized

one quote?

one?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Grozz Nuy posted:

Wait, he has a job on each side of the ball? Weird, I can't think of many cases of guys splitting responsibilities like that.

No, defensive run game coordinator.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Anderson Koopa posted:

I'd put Pete in the middle. Sure he's older, but he obviously takes very good care of himself.

When I'd see the Panthers and Seahawks play I always thought it was cool he'd go through the DB warmup drills with them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/alexinsdorf99/status/1754891808625119507?t=ssWl7__xYwaGxBIexR2kyg&s=19

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
https://x.com/mikegarafolo/status/1754903872697508318?s=46

now THIS is a hire

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:lol:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

What the gently caress lol. Dude didn’t even have a job last year. Fears that Mayo had zero connections around the league to build a staff from sure looking real

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is a rough, rough staff. they should've just kept bill.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/cmsinclar/status/1754897564766241165?t=YEZg-bvcziauOi8bJfToFg&s=19

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

is pepsi ok posted:

The really weird thing is that the Dolphins already have two highly regarded linebacker coaches, both of which interviewed for the DC job.

Does this mean Campanile is leaving?

Guess that answers my question.

https://twitter.com/DavidFurones_/status/1754877286644330954

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bears should definitely trade the 1OA to the Pats.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

BlindSite posted:

Canales ran through so many side pieces it took god himself to stem the tide of skirt being thrown his way. He deserves to be higher.

Lover not a fighter. No correlation

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Campanile is going to GB.

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1754910584380735552

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

tbh I don't think this is a terrible hire, but I'm basing that solely on the second half of the Panthers' 22 season, the high point of the Tepper era

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
McAdoo was in over his head as HC but he was fine as OC for the Giants, his reputation is bad because he looks funny and the Eli benching debacle.

I wouldn't judge anyone too harshy for failing in the Tepper zone

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

McAdoo was in over his head as HC but he was fine as OC for the Giants, his reputation is bad because he looks funny and the Eli benching debacle.

I wouldn't judge anyone too harshy for failing in the Tepper zone

Was he the OC when they tried 4 fades from the goal line or was that still Gilbride?

My main memory is yeah, he was okay as OC but that also was the time Eli was having his best seasons throwing to OBJ. As HC, he still called plays and the offense had issues due to personnel (The O-line had no talent) and IIRC they got very predictable in 11 personnel package and some other issues.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

People fighting over a don bosco/rutgers guy?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Big rear end Hire. He was a DC candidate for us.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fwiw McAdoo did very well in the second half of 2022, after the Panthers fired Rhule and Wilks told him to run the drat ball.

The offense finished ranked similarly to the Bucs offense in 2023 and the Panthers just hired that coordinator so.... (20th in ppg lmao)

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Big rear end Hire. He was a DC candidate for us.

https://x.com/cheeseheadtv/status/1754913242500235381?s=20

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Getting strong "David Moyes at United" vibes from Mayo and the Patriots

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

big suit is BACK baby

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Tyreek speaks like he knows the universal language, wonder why

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Black Lighter posted:

Tyreek speaks like he knows the universal language, wonder why

:lmao:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
it really seems like Mayo has no path to success in New England unless they nail multiple all-pro picks in this draft/value FA signings.

e: without a GM? lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Looks like he can fit in that suit now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

McAdoo's just an assistant, he's not the OC, Alex Van Pelt is.

The big worry is the question marks in the front office structure

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Ben McAdoo has looked great in every photo I’ve seen of him. Confident, in charge, relaxed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

McAdoo is an amazing draft hindsight guy:

https://twitter.com/RRiotReport/status/1484645629959802880

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

It looks like he was saying it at the time, unless I'm missing something. Which actually would make him a pretty good quarterback evaluator. So I'm sure I'm missing something.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
we're so lucky Mahomes didn’t wind up with the Bears, Giants, or those other teams who had an eye on him

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Think the Saints would have been kind of unstoppable though

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

indigi posted:

we're so lucky Mahomes didn’t wind up with the Bears, Giants, or those other teams who had an eye on him

Being able to sit a year + Kelce + Hill + Andy reid is about as good a situation a QB can come into the league to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
yeah and he speaks really highly of learning from Alex Smith how to take the job seriously. it was as perfect a landing spot as there's ever been for a QB