Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Last time Vince was forced to resign because of sex crimes the audience chanted “Thank you Vince” the next night on Raw.

If I remember right, they also seemed pretty squicked out about it and didn't initially get behind him when prompted until it got awkward enough to acquiesce. I've got problems with my memory that have been worsening (not joking or doing a bit), so I fully admit I could be wrong or misremembering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Even this time, more people are mad about Cody/Rock and threatening a boycott than two weeks ago when all the news about Vince, Laurinaitis, etc. came out.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Even this time, more people are mad about Cody/Rock and threatening a boycott than two weeks ago when all the news about Vince, Laurinaitis, etc. came out.
I think you're right. That's really hosed up.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Last time Vince was forced to resign because of sex crimes the audience chanted “Thank you Vince” the next night on Raw.

I remember him coming out on TV (which I think was his last ever appearance) literally just so he'd get a pop and dudes in the front row would do the bowing thing to him

I don't think people will riot if he never comes back, but there's absolutely part of the audience that couldn't give two fucks what Vince does to women behind closed doors as long as the wrestling show has fully sick pyro and loud noises

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/CodyRhodes/status/1754695034006274342?s=20

:munch:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

he's gonna get inserted into rock/roman to take the pin so neither of them look bad

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Vince probably has a excel spreadsheet on his phone called CRIMESANDWHOWASINVOLVED.

He is not a smart man.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

bradzilla posted:

he's gonna get inserted into rock/roman to take the pin so neither of them look bad

Vince Russo was on a podcast or something saying they'll probably be looking to do a non-title match at WM where the Rock wins and it brings down the House of Roman or whatever and then completes Cody's storyline sometime in the future

Who knows how true that is

E: here it is

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/news-38-year-old-star-will-walk-wrestlemania-wwe-champion-despite-losing-match-says-vince-russo-exclusive

quote:

No. [Roman won't defend the title at WrestleMania]. [It will be] for Head of the Table and Rock will win, and that’s the first step of taking everything away from Roman Reigns."

Russo explained the logic behind his belief:

"You know what the problem is with everybody, and I understand it. Here’s the problem: the problem is the timing because Cody had to finish the story for the last year and that’s the road they were going down with up to him winning the Royal Rumble, up to Roman Reigns being in the box. That's the story you told, and now, at the finish line, we are going to change it for something that makes absolutely no sense, which is why I think Head of the Table is the only possible thing that makes sense."

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Time_pants posted:

If I remember right, they also seemed pretty squicked out about it and didn't initially get behind him when prompted until it got awkward enough to acquiesce. I've got problems with my memory that have been worsening (not joking or doing a bit), so I fully admit I could be wrong or misremembering.

Hate to say it, but you are misremembering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-5HEm9DMXU

They did an unprompted chant first, and then the second time led by Stephanie, and they were pretty full-throated about it both times. The only surprising thing is that this video is still up on WWE's YT channel.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Do you think most people saw the headline scroll by and think it’s just another creep in entertainment issue, or take it less seriously because it’s Vince? I wonder how many fans figure it’s a he said/she said issue and shrug it off because they’re unaware of how horrid the details are? WSJ repeated some pretty intense stuff but is the average US news source doing that? I’m not trying to excuse peoples’ ignorance or implying WWE fans are unintelligent, but media literacy is at an all time low. How many people are just letting very basic info and their love of the product guide their opinions when if they knew the details they’d be horrified?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Vince Russo was on a podcast or something saying they'll probably be looking to do a non-title match at WM where the Rock wins and it brings down the House of Roman or whatever and then completes Cody's storyline sometime in the future

Who knows how true that is

E: here it is

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/news-38-year-old-star-will-walk-wrestlemania-wwe-champion-despite-losing-match-says-vince-russo-exclusive

the problem with this is Dwayne got creative control in his contract, so he'll be winning the title

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If that match is non-title then gently caress off

Lmao they're trying to outdumb their own booking, dig up stupid!!!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
It rules how they have absolutely no ideas anymore

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol vince russo podcast

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
No way that’s a real Russo quote. Zero bros.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Do you think most people saw the headline scroll by and think it’s just another creep in entertainment issue, or take it less seriously because it’s Vince? I wonder how many fans figure it’s a he said/she said issue and shrug it off because they’re unaware of how horrid the details are? WSJ repeated some pretty intense stuff but is the average US news source doing that? I’m not trying to excuse peoples’ ignorance or implying WWE fans are unintelligent, but media literacy is at an all time low. How many people are just letting very basic info and their love of the product guide their opinions when if they knew the details they’d be horrified?

Let's be real here. The average fan probably just doesn't care. They'd probably continue to not care even if there was video evidence broadcast at Wrestlemania. With a side helping of "she probably liked it" or something similar, because that's usually true in almost every sex crime. People are really good at not giving a poo poo about atrocious things that happen to women unless it happens to someone they actually know.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

LOL at Vince Russo complaining about changing a storyline at the last minute, so that now it doesn't make sense.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Bad Video Games posted:

Let's be real here. The average fan probably just doesn't care. They'd probably continue to not care even if there was video evidence broadcast at Wrestlemania. With a side helping of "she probably liked it" or something similar, because that's usually true in almost every sex crime. People are really good at not giving a poo poo about atrocious things that happen to women unless it happens to someone they actually know.

As an anecdote, a friend of mine - teetering on the brink of getting severed - mansplained to me, ignored my pointing out repeatedly that I read the entire loving complaint, that HHH and Stephanie were gonna clean it all up because Vince was standing in the way and Stephanie left because she had enough and no-one knows who this woman is or how she knew Vince so we can't really comment on anything and she took the money, all four million of it. I mean she could be anybody saying anything and nah it wasn't Brock, I mean, it could be [Dude I have never heard of] and Triple H is gonna clean the place up I mean he was in charge of NXT and no you can't say anything about Vince because presumed innocence she's just some nobody woman and William Regal is friends with Paul so your problem is you've always been judgmental and just see things in black and white and ropierohiproip pr hpoa pojaer poprgjohpar gpo argjoprg

So there you have it, human trafficking and rape and gang rape are things you should view in shades of grey, you judgmental fucks.

Before anyone asks, we were in public so I did not punch his lights out. Probably will though.

Spittin Wheelie
Nov 4, 2005

Spittin is a nasty habbit...

bradzilla posted:

the problem with this is Dwayne got creative control in his contract, so he'll be winning the title

Wow is that legit? What type of decision making does he have over creative now?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
And now supposedly the Rock's daughter is getting death threats.

Ie, we can now completely dismiss your complaints because 'you' have crossed the line. These assholes don't realize that there's a limit to complaints, and once you cross it, everything you say is invalidated. See also: Star Wars, Rose Tycho, and making racist insults towards her actress.

There's a reason the term 'smark' exists, because those lot sure as gently caress ain't smart.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Spittin Wheelie posted:

Wow is that legit? What type of decision making does he have over creative now?

Hard to tell, but usually creative control ranges from being able to suggest stories, declining stuff you don't like, all the way to fully booking your own stories and matches. He was added to the TKO (owner of WWE) board as part of the deal so it's probably not just low level approve/decline type control.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Monica Bellucci posted:

As an anecdote, a friend of mine - teetering on the brink of getting severed - mansplained to me, ignored my pointing out repeatedly that I read the entire loving complaint, that HHH and Stephanie were gonna clean it all up because Vince was standing in the way and Stephanie left because she had enough and no-one knows who this woman is or how she knew Vince so we can't really comment on anything and she took the money, all four million of it. I mean she could be anybody saying anything and nah it wasn't Brock, I mean, it could be [Dude I have never heard of] and Triple H is gonna clean the place up I mean he was in charge of NXT and no you can't say anything about Vince because presumed innocence she's just some nobody woman and William Regal is friends with Paul so your problem is you've always been judgmental and just see things in black and white and ropierohiproip pr hpoa pojaer poprgjohpar gpo argjoprg

So there you have it, human trafficking and rape and gang rape are things you should view in shades of grey, you judgmental fucks.

Before anyone asks, we were in public so I did not punch his lights out. Probably will though.

Sounds like an rear end. Sorry you had to lose a friend over this.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it rules that tony kahn created an entire podcaster ecosystem of angry has beens mad he didn't hire them

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Bad Video Games posted:

Sounds like an rear end. Sorry you had to lose a friend over this.

Cheers. I haven't lost him yet but he is on his last chance and, frankly, don't reckon it'll be long. He keeps admitting to crimes and big No-No things you don't do in his chosen field; I am amazed he hasn't been caught.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Cornwind Evil posted:

Also I saw somewhere that some people think that maybe (I suppose it's POSSIBLE) WWE is going to hold onto Rock vs Roman despite much negative reaction because it keeps people from talking about Vince McMahon. So, clearly, one knows what one must do.

100%, absolutely nobody on the board of TKO not named Dwayne is caremad that the top trending twitter thing is that wrestleman uno should be in the the main event of their big show over another different wrestleman who they also have contractual rights to, or that Forbes and the WSJ are writing loving articles about it instead of about all the sex crime the guy who owns a third of their company did or how they're absolutely named as a key party in the lawsuit

they're also 100% not smart enough to have done it deliberately, but will absolutely pretend they did, in the same way as when they hosed up Daniel Bryan and Becky Lynch badly enough to turn them into megastars

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
this is not the first time an old wrestler has stolen the spot of a younger and more popular wrestler using office politics its not even the first time the rock has done it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

rally posted:

No way that’s a real Russo quote. Zero bros.

I can think of literally nothing more perfectly Vince Russo than being smart enough as a booker to realise the inherent problem with Rock v Roman, but then deciding that the way to solve it is to have The Rock and The Big Dog fight over the rights to the grammatical article "the" instead of a world title

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I can think of literally nothing more perfectly Vince Russo than being smart enough as a booker to realise the inherent problem with Rock v Roman, but then deciding that the way to solve it is to have The Rock and The Big Dog fight over the rights to the grammatical article "the" instead of a world title

they have to get article from a pole

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
russo's booking style is fascinating because its all garbage but its garbage in a bizarre way that only makes sense to him it rules

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Cornwind Evil posted:

And now supposedly the Rock's daughter is getting death threats.

Ie, we can now completely dismiss your complaints because 'you' have crossed the line. These assholes don't realize that there's a limit to complaints, and once you cross it, everything you say is invalidated. See also: Star Wars, Rose Tycho, and making racist insults towards her actress.

There's a reason the term 'smark' exists, because those lot sure as gently caress ain't smart.

God I fuckin hate people some times.

Sending Death threats is a stupid thing to do to begin with, why harass someone entirely unrelated to this whole mess?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Because they feel better having a woman to blame.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Also it's pretty obvious that the death threats are over the booking and not the sex trafficking. And even if they were, that doesn't negate the fact that the WWE engages in sex trafficking.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
when hogan was made the face of the wwf in 1984, ricky "the dragon" steamboat placed a curse on the company so that every 10 years a little guy with a weird face and strong work ethic would get unexpectedly popular and they'd have to put him over in the main event of their biggest show

cody is controlled opposition. they held him down because if they didn't it would have been sami

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cubone posted:

cody is controlled opposition. they held him down because if they didn't it would have been sami

It has been Sami just last year!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the one where I go back in time ten years to tell people that stardust, el generico, eli drake and the dude from 3MB all should have beaten the most dominant champion in modern WWE history and become the face of the company

and then the rock came back and everyone booed

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Cubone posted:

when hogan was made the face of the wwf in 1984, ricky "the dragon" steamboat placed a curse on the company so that every 10 years a little guy with a weird face and strong work ethic would get unexpectedly popular and they'd have to put him over in the main event of their biggest show

The main events of 10 year anniversaries of Wrestlemania do seem cursed.

WM 10: Bret Hart vs Yokuzuna, happening because even Vince finally admitted Luger was not becoming Hogan Mk 2. Yokuzuna died young because of his weight, and Bret basically got 'sacrificed on the Attitude Era Alter', then his brother died in a stupid stunt, and then a green sloppy worker prematurely ended his career and basically caused him to suffer several strokes a few years later due to knock on damage.

WM 20: Benoit vs Shawn and Hunter. Benoit wins, winning his first real world title (the one he won in WCW really barely counts), and he celebrated in the ring with his best friend and fellow denier of odds Eddie Guerrero. We all know what happened there.

WM 30: Fans rallied behind Daniel Bryan so strongly that the Batista vs Orton main event so Batista could use the belt to promote Guardians of the Galaxy became 'Bryan beat Triple H, then won the triple threat despite all sorts of storyline odds slammed into him, creating perhaps the WWE's final true great organic moment'. Bryan's title reign was cut short due to injuries, then his attempted return was also cut short by seeming retirement. The most 'defied' of the curse though, as Bryan eventually returned and did more great stuff in WWE (his heel run where he got Kofi so over that Kofi was accepted as a world champion, yeah WWE ruined it but still, we had the lead up) and then headed off to AEW, Orton never stopped being a top carder, and Batista didn't need the belt because his character ended up being the most delightful surprise in Guardians, which was a delightful surprise in and of itself in its quality.

The 5's have their own curses.

WM 5: Savage gets sacrificed on the alter of Hogan.

WM 15: Nothing specific except Vince Russo's ways are all over the darn PPV, and hence the only real memorable match is the Rock vs Austin main event. Also has the 'Great New Age Outlaws' switch, the worst Hell In A Cell match ever, and Pete Rose attacking Kane while dressed as a chicken...wait no that last one was great.

WM 25: The main event is utterly squashed by the amazing Shawn vs Undertaker match.

WM 35: Becky Lynch's ascent is somewhat marred by Charlotte Flair HAVING to be in the match and Ronda Rousey botching the finish.

Here's hoping 40 finally breaks the trend and just has the 'Ricky Steamboat' curse, instead of some sort of 'every 20 years the curse is EXTRA BAD AND HORRIBLE' like people like to say applied to every 5th film in the Star Trek series (The Final Frontier and Nemesis).

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

lol the daniel bryan heel gimmick where he had a wooden championship belt made was great

AlmightyBob fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 7, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

AlmightyBob posted:

lol the daniel bryan heel gimmick where he had a wooden championship belt made was great

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
at the same time vince was trying to bury daniel bryan for being too popular without his permission he was trying to push roman reigns as an underdog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
one of the worst things you could do in the WWE was getting over with the fans without vince's involvement RIP Zack Ryder