Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

FizFashizzle posted:

Tony Keith died.

Wild.

In 2004 I went to Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Picnic and the headliners along with Willie were The Dead and Toby Keith and let me tell you Deadheads and Toby Keith fans were not getting along in 2004.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Putting a boot up Osama's rear end in the afterlife now

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol I was sitting here like “who is Tony Keith”

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

lol I was sitting here like “who is Tony Keith”

Haha, same

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Looking it up, I didn't realize he was in his (early) sixties. I figured he was only in his fifties.

Him being middle-aged post-9/11 makes more sense now

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle posted:

TonyToby Keith died.

Wild.

My only recollection of him was beefing with the Dixie Chicks.

Also this sticker from my friend's band old band 1000 Damed Guns that lives on one of my Pelican cases. It's beat to poo poo because it's on the bottom side.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

My only recollection of him was beefing with the Dixie Chicks.

yeah, i associate him with an act that was actually cancelled in no small part thanks to him

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shinji2015 posted:

Looking it up, I didn't realize he was in his (early) sixties. I figured he was only in his fifties.

Him being middle-aged post-9/11 makes more sense now

Really heavy drinker, from what I recall from a friend of mine who used to insure him through Lloyds of London. (Drew Bledsoe, too, raging alcoholic, to keep things in a football context.)

Liver disease is a nasty beast when the complications start happening, and stomach cancer is a fairly common one.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Toby Keith had stomach cancer. I knew someone that died of stomach cancer and it is loving nasty

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Timby posted:

Really heavy drinker, from what I recall from a friend of mine who used to insure him through Lloyds of London. (Drew Bledsoe, too, raging alcoholic, to keep things in a football context.)

Liver disease is a nasty beast when the complications start happening, and stomach cancer is a fairly common one.

I'm sure Wally Pipp drank like a fish too, for similar reasons

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

kiimo posted:

Toby Keith had stomach cancer. I knew someone that died of stomach cancer and it is loving nasty

Re-read the post above yours.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Timby posted:

Re-read the post above yours.

yes you beat me. my post wasn't in response to yours

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Stomach cancer took my uncle a decade or so ago; saw him at Christmas and he was the picture of late middle age health, then dead by mid-June. poo poo sucks.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/Jallen_Town/status/1754829676869009418?t=AWIVitfm3VveRT9sgUbgjQ&s=19

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Kobe Teeth

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kobe Teeth's I Love This Bar & Grill Has Closed

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kris is forever a bad motherfucker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viNfg6b9wvA

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Kris is forever a bad motherfucker.

Don't look into his rampant cheating / infidelity and hardcore alcoholism, then.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

lol Kristofferson outlived him

that rules

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i wanna die on a toilet eating a cheeseburger, like my hero the Elvis Sandwich

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah for me it’s a Seamaster, but I have the same hang up where I can’t justify that huge of an expense for a watch.

I also drool over some of the more expensive Seiko reissues, but again :homebrew:

The nicest watch I own is a Seiko automatic SARB033. It's a nice steel watch that I go through spurts of wearing -- I have a garmin digital watch/fitness tracker that I also like to wear. I need to get the Seiko serviced as it will gain ~2 minutes a day when I'm wearing it regularly and it has it's reserve largely full.

I have a few quartz gshocks I also quite like and will rotate through.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Timby posted:

Don't look into his rampant cheating / infidelity and hardcore alcoholism, then.

He's a country music star. Those are practically bullet points on a resume.

Chopper pilot, Ranger, Rhodes Scholar, won practically every award related to country music and worked with practically every legend alive in his timeframe.

Messy domestic life doesn't take away from that.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Timby posted:

At least his alcoholism hasn't killed him (yet), unlike the reason this is in the chat today.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

Tony Keith died.

Wild.

oh no!

anyway

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Timby posted:

For sure man

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Everyone You Have Loved, And Will Love, Is A Piece of poo poo: A Guide to Talking About Literally Anyone on the Internet

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pron on VHS posted:

For sure man

I'm just saying that he was allegedly an utter monster to Rita Coolidge and that shouldn't get overlooked.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh i got his name wrong

anyway

GD_American posted:

lol Kristofferson outlived him

that rules

Conspiracy theorists thinking he's a lizard person is the most random loving thing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Timby posted:

Why would I care about someone's drinking habits or infidelity if I'm not related to them

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vertical Lime posted:

yeah, i associate him with an act that was actually cancelled in no small part thanks to him

Cancel culture is bad though!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timby posted:

https://www.theonion.com/man-always-gets-little-rush-out-of-telling-people-john-1819578998

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Timby posted:

I'm just saying that he was allegedly an utter monster to Rita Coolidge and that shouldn't get overlooked.

Rita Coolidge's life would make an unrealistic country song. You'd think it was a parody.

- Eric Clapton took the part she wrote for "Layla" and gave her zero credit
- Broke up Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
- Got the poo poo beat out of her by Jim Gordon (drummer for Clapton), who later killed his mother
- Several miscarriages with Kristofferson, and emotional abuse tangled with his jealousy over any success she had
- married a Japanese computer scientist who got felony charges for industrial espionage
- Formed a singing group with her sister and wrote songs in Cherokee (which they claimed heritage from)
- The Cherokee tribe said "uh we don't know these white girls"
- same sister was killed by husband in a murder-suicide
- the funeral home hosed up and sent her the husband's ashes by mistake

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wtf

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

What a colossal blunder from the funeral home for fucks sake.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Neil Armbong posted:

The nicest watch I own is a Seiko automatic SARB033.

:gizz:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

I could ostensibly buy a Rolex but had the realization probably 5 years ago it will never make sense to own one and I'm ok with that. For now, this Seiko is a very nice watch and likely the nicest I'll own and I'm ok with that.

The submariner's and datejusts are gorgeous time pieces that are incredibly well built, just not for me, at least for the near future.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Oh yeah I don’t think that seiko is the pinnacle of watch design or anything, but lovely cheaper watches that just Do The Job are my jam. Seiko and citizen (and Casio, honestly) are really loving good at it too.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

Oh yeah I don’t think that seiko is the pinnacle of watch design or anything, but lovely cheaper watches that just Do The Job are my jam. Seiko and citizen (and Casio, honestly) are really loving good at it too.

totally agree. it's also a well built timepiece that works very well.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

oh i got his name wrong

anyway

Conspiracy theorists thinking he's a lizard person is the most random loving thing.

He gave us the line "you're about a oval office hair away from hillbilly heaven" in blade and for that alone he will always be a king. Wouldn't care if he was a lizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Timby posted:

As someone quite familiar with the contracts from major underwriters in the Lloyd's market, very cool of your buddy to openly share pretty private info! If ever caught, they'd absolutely massacre him for being such a putz.