Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

vaginite posted:

Who won the DNS argument? I don’t wanna read the posts I just keep of rank of the mating value of every poster and that’s gonna affect it.

i did

e: a terribly snipe proves that I'm right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kazil posted:

You can always safely ignore anything posted itt from 9pm to 9am

Agreed, but I'm on GMT.

Cowslips Warren posted:

You know I should know this after working at a zoo for so many years, but I never was involved really with hoofstock beyond a few weeks, and we certainly did not have horses or donkeys. Do donkeys really have that much more than horses do?

Says so in the Bible

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Shishkahuben posted:

I wish one of his handlers would just stick a GoPro on trifp's suit. He'd never look down long enough to find it, and we'd get high quality video of his real time reactions to the continued disloyalty of these activist judges and scheming henchmen.
Tuck a camera into his nussy and he'd never find it. Wouldn't have to worry about making sure it's still there when he changes clothes, either.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/Jallen_Town/status/1754829676869009418

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

Tuck a camera into his nussy and he'd never find it. Wouldn't have to worry about making sure it's still there when he changes clothes, either.

The lens would swiftly get coated in tanner spray

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

vaginite posted:

Who won the DNS argument? I don’t wanna read the posts I just keep of rank of the mating value of every poster and that’s gonna affect it.

This just makes me wonder which poster has the highest Elo ranking for thread slapfights

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yeah, I am also not a law-knower, but I think the idea is rulings that are correct don’t get taken up by SCOTUS. SCOTUS is there either because something in the ruling might be wrong and needs addressing, or because different courts are ruling differently on it and there’s a dispute to be resolved. Not taking something up basically means, “this ruling is fine as-is and serves as a valid precedent for all future rulings.”

They literally don’t have the time to take up every settled ruling, and in fact don’t have time to take up a ton of unsettled stuff (hello, qualified immunity and civil asset forfeiture!), so it’s extra offensive what this Court did with Roe v Wade.

The court doesn't take up cases because they think something was wrong. If that was the case, then they'd always be overturning things. They take cases because there's cross jurisdictional concerns (the fifth circuit says women aren't people, every other circuit disagrees) or there's a legal issue that they want to address.

If the Supreme Court refuses to hear an appeal on this, then Trump is free to try the same arguments in the documents case and in the Georgia voter fraud case and anything else that comes up. This ruling would only apply in Washington DC. And for some reason "the president can do all the crimes they want" is a legal issue that hasn't really come up before. So it's almost dead certain that that the SC takes this one; it's too big and significant not to.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I have no idea who any of you people are! How am I supposed to win any arguments in here?!

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

vaginite posted:

I've already ranked the mating value of every poster in this thread and determined THIS POSTER has the highest mating value.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Total Party Kill posted:

I've already ranked the mating value of every poster in this thread and determined THIS POSTER has the highest mating value.

I wish to meet this hot young poster CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ACCOUNT

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Total Party Kill posted:

I agree with your assessment. The linked poster is delightful and deserves to have the best of days.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Does that include the parts of the gospels that don't even agree with each other?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Toxic Mental posted:

Does that include the parts of the gospels that don't even agree with each other?

I mean, that's totally in line with the sort of cognitive dissonance they love.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykAXB3JFy4

RandExt
Jun 1, 2023
https://x.com/lawrencehurley/status/1754896281976152503

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Random Stranger posted:

The court doesn't take up cases because they think something was wrong. If that was the case, then they'd always be overturning things. They take cases because there's cross jurisdictional concerns (the fifth circuit says women aren't people, every other circuit disagrees) or there's a legal issue that they want to address.

I would suggest an alternative interpretation in the light of the last decade or so of activity.

This particular supreme court takes up whatever the gently caress they want whenever it gives them the opportunity to put out the rulings they wanted in the first place.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Bad news for Biden!

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Crapo lmao

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Disco Pope posted:

Crapo lmao

They let the mask slip once too often and the courts took notes.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Nothing but obvious common-sense stuff, but it's nice to see it explicitly laid out as part of the ruling.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Lol getting memorialized in a court opinion as an example of treasonous rhetoric

hope the law students of 2124 are loling at Sen. Crappo living up to his name

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 6, 2024

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

vaginite posted:

It’s in my head. I’m #1 (obv), you’re pretty high too. Winning an IT argument at a certain MMR graduates someone out of the “do not reproduce” league.

if i quote someone else's winning argument, can i piggy-back out of the DNR league?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

They let the mask slip once too often and the courts took notes.

If trump were smart enough to understand how they inadvertently hosed him, he'd be furious at the Senate clown show for pushing it. I don't think he'll be able to understand how it was all his fault in the first place, either.

Really unsure how he's going to respond to this because I think the scoop of rotting tapioca pudding in his skull won't be able to put two and two together and he'll just blame a biased court as he usually does.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Also important is that the DC circuit court's decision was unanimous.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Hollismason posted:

I recall them shooting something down as well but can't remember what.

It was a Chinese balloon and would have never happened under Tump's watch :argh:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

If they decline to take it, doesn’t this ruling become the precedent?

There’s pretty much no reason to take it up just to affirm it except to delay things. And overturning it means Biden can literally kill them, so…

It would be binding precedent only in DC. A denial of cert doesn't grant nationwide acceptance of a circuit case, but that case does hold for the circuit. Other appellate circuits will see the DC opinion as persuasive, but not binding until the SCOTUS issues a ruling on the merits.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Accipiter posted:

Also important is that the DC circuit court's decision was unanimous.

The decision is thorough and backed by a bipartisan group of judges that includes Karen Henderson, who has previously sided with Trump on key questions of executive power.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!

CommieGIR posted:

Tiktok has moved most of their stuff to cloud native
You'd think so, but when we actually checked, it was all in really clearly TT owned networks. I kid you not, and I too do this for a living (ISP networking essentially), it really was as easy as firewall deny on a list of networks. Crazy, right?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Slyphic posted:

You'd think so, but when we actually checked, it was all in really clearly TT owned networks. I kid you not, and I too do this for a living (ISP networking essentially), it really was as easy as firewall deny on a list of networks. Crazy, right?

Tiktok uses Oracle Cloud, they own the IP ranges but they specifically chose Oracle to try to assuage regulators concerns around storage of US user data. They lease a couple datacenters in the US as well from Digital Realty
https://www.protocol.com/bulletins/tiktok-oracle-cloud-servers
https://dgtlinfra.com/tiktok-data-centers-cloud-locations/

But I'd trust you know that list of networks doesn't imply its not a cloud service, as you can front your own traffic through your own IPs even in Azure, AWS, and GCP via BYOIP.

funeral home DJ posted:

If trump were smart enough to understand how they inadvertently hosed him, he'd be furious at the Senate clown show for pushing it. I don't think he'll be able to understand how it was all his fault in the first place, either.

Really unsure how he's going to respond to this because I think the scoop of rotting tapioca pudding in his skull won't be able to put two and two together and he'll just blame a biased court as he usually does.

Trump really does think that anyone Conservative, anywhere, will side with him no matter how flimsy his arguments and he keeps getting reality checked on that. And while SCOTUS has been playing fast and loose, I suspect they won't suddenly go "Hey you know what, the President can do whatever they want including undermine voting and use illicit means to stay in power."

But at this point he'll appeal to SCOTUS just to carry on his traditional tactics of delay-no-matter-the-cost (to my voting base who is paying my legal bills).

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 6, 2024

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Holy poo poo take it to the nerd forum. Can we resurrect hal for a few minutes to deal with the lamest derail ever?

:nomnom:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Crapo is a piece of poo poo from Idaho and yet they keep voting for him, makes you think. :thunk:

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Roundup Ready posted:

Holy poo poo take it to the nerd forum. Can we resurrect hal for a few minutes to deal with the lamest derail ever?

:nomnom:

You just derailed this thread with poo poo that happened hours and like 10 pages ago.

Grey Cat posted:

Crapo is a piece of poo poo from Idaho and yet they keep voting for him, makes you think. :thunk:

See also: Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Georgia is ridiculous.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Accipiter posted:

You just derailed this thread with poo poo that happened hours and like 10 pages ago.

It was continuing literally two posts up from me

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!

Roundup Ready posted:

Take it up with that lazy gently caress Engorgon, when the lols stop, the derails proliferate, they're all lame, like that time we derailed on New Radio and Andy Dick.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

seriously tho, where the heck is hal? is his basement flooded again?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Slyphic posted:

Take it up with that lazy gently caress Engorgon, when the lols stop, the derails proliferate, they're all lame, like that time we derailed on New Radio and Andy Dick.

Agreed. C'mon Judge, end this once and for all. Deliver us! Also we need to hear Habba whine more about how its a conspiracy that she's such a lovely lawyer.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

nobodygetshurt posted:

seriously tho, where the heck is hal? is his basement flooded again?

hal accepted an exclusive contract to IK on Truth Social

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm kind of curious how long the Supreme Court is going to take because their famously slow.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Engoron is currently deep-diving Joe Rogan YouTube videos and discovering the vast Deep State conspiracy against your favorite president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol: