Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

HJE-Cobra posted:

I feel like if one does not want to face criminal charges, one should simply not commit crimes

I know this is just a Republican talking point but it makes me so mad :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

What...what am I supposed to notice? :ohdear:

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

weg posted:

Sharp elbows are hot, women should bend their arms more. I like my women acute, not obtuse.

Radical angle, that.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

weg posted:

I like my women acute, not obtuse.

Hey there little acutie howya doin

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

If she doesn't have the roundness of the Michelin Man, I ain't lookin

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Roleplaying Dad posted:

It was one of his challenges to the 2020 election results. He was trying to argue fraud or something and SCOTUS said "lol yeah right" and declined to hear the case.

It continues to amaze me how he has one of the worst case records and yet people still represent him with his poo poo arguments.

We have too many lawyers.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

You say that but wait til it’s your turn to have sex with Taylor, those pointy elbows will have you singing a different tune!!!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hirayuki posted:

That account’s whole gimmick is posting rage bait or scantily clad women and saying “WHAT DO U THINK?” and then posting 💯or whatever on the brain dead nazis in the replies.

It’s highly promoted on X so of course it’s stupid bullshit but the sincere “sharp knees” comment was too good not to share

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

So my Norwegian news source said there was an unanimous verdict that he's not immune, right now?

e: nvm obviously missed a few pages, dunno what happened there

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Hirayuki posted:

Are you serious? Those are the exact same boots Lee Harvey Osmond was wearing when the CIA hired him to assassinate Ronald Raymond.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Hirayuki posted:

I thought they were going for the old Lady Gaga bulge thing, but as another poster suggested, it's bait and I need to get better at identifying bait.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I wasn't aware I was supposed to be self-conscious of my elbows. Mine are pretty pointy, good for elbowing and poking eyes out.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

F4rt5 posted:

So my Norwegian news source said there was an unanimous verdict that he's not immune, right now?

That is true, but he will be appealing the decision to the Supreme Court, and that's his last chance. The court may decline to hear the case entirely which means the current ruling stands, but maybe not. It is unlikely they'll rule in his favor, but they can delay the case so all the other cases resting on whether or not has immunity will be unable to move forward.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The ghost of Bigpeeler strikes again

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/molcranenewman/status/1754917648180134391

:getin:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I apparently do not understand anatomy? Unless you're all :btroll: and you have enough arm girth to be lapping out and down over your elbow isn't it always going to be "pointy"? It's like the arm bone, ending. In a point.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

goddamn trump WISHES he could pack arenas like this. loving hell, that's a lot of people!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I think that probably is not the kind of thing a judge asks if he is considering letting you off the hook.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I think Donny is hosed. The unanimous decision is damning, hell the SC might just punt based off that.

If it doesn't it will be expedited and it will be like 8-1 opinion with Thomas arguing that actually the Founding Fathers intended for the POTUS to be God Emperor, but he will lose.

RFC
Nov 3, 2002

nobodygetshurt posted:

goddamn trump WISHES he could pack arenas like this. loving hell, that's a lot of people!

What's really loving insane is there is always thousands of kids outside of the venue 2 singing along. Absolutely bonkers

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay so if the trial starts in August is that enough time for conviction

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Toxic Mental posted:

Does that include the parts of the gospels that don't even agree with each other?

I’m more curious about what language of the Bible is factual. Or which edition? Where to the apocrypha fit in?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

TulliusCicero posted:

I think Donny is hosed. The unanimous decision is damning, hell the SC might just punt based off that.

If it doesn't it will be expedited and it will be like 8-1 opinion with Thomas arguing that actually the Founding Fathers intended for the POTUS to be God Emperor, but he will lose.

Kavanaugh might actually slam a few beers with Squi and Bootsy and issue a dumbass opinion too, but I think even he knows you don't gently caress with this kind of poo poo at the SCOTUS level.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

nobodygetshurt posted:

I think this is part of the root as to why they dislike Taylor. Trump is supposed to be the most popular and powerful person but he can't get an entire Golden Corral's worth of people to turn up to his rallies.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Looks like the Mayorkas impeachment might die :kheldragar:

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/02/06/congress/tense-gop-meeting-on-mayorkas-00139824

quote:

House Republicans' high-stakes effort to impeach Alejandro Mayorkas seems to be on the verge of collapse.

The House is currently scheduled to vote later Tuesday to recommend removing the Homeland Security secretary from office over breach of trust and refusing to comply with the law, which would make him the first Cabinet official since 1876 to be impeached. But with incredibly thin margins, a couple GOP “no” votes and absences, House Republicans can’t afford to lose any more members of their own party, if all Democrats vote and are united in opposition.

Confidence they can successfully clear that bar is plummeting. As they left a closed-door conference meeting Tuesday morning, five GOP lawmakers expressed doubt that Speaker Mike Johnson would move forward with the vote or that Republicans have the support they need. Those Republicans cited the two GOP “no” votes from Reps. Tom McClintock (Calif.) and Ken Buck (Colo.), as well as a handful of others who remain publicly undecided and privately skeptical.

If the vote does implode, striking out House Republicans’ most aggressive swing against the Biden administration to date, it would certainly frustrate a conservative base that is highly energized about the border. And it would be the latest — and potentially most high-profile — setback for Johnson, who is already facing growing frustration from his right flank.

“Apparently there’s some folks that are unhappy about it. … I think the common thought was that we were going to vote when we walked in there, but I don’t know now,” said Rep. Tim Burchett (R-Tenn.). “It’s just very close right now.”

Just hours before the vote, several Republicans remain publicly undecided. Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-Wis.) told his colleagues in the private meeting that he didn’t think the accusations against Mayorkas met the Constitution’s bar for impeachment, according to four lawmakers in the meeting. On Monday, Gallagher declined to say how he was voting or even which way he was leaning, telling POLITICO: “I’m not going to tell you.”

“He’s raising objections,” Rep. Ralph Norman (R-S.C.) said of Gallagher in a brief interview after Tuesday’s meeting.

In addition to the Wisconsinite, Republicans are facing a handful of other publicly undecided GOP lawmakers, including Reps. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.), Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.), David Joyce (R-Ohio) and Maria Salazar (R-Fla.).

Johnson told reporters that he spoke with both Gallagher and McClintock on Tuesday morning about their views on impeachment, but the speaker stood by the push to impeach Mayorkas.

“There is no other measure for Congress to take but this one,” Johnson told reporters after the GOP meeting. “It’s an extreme measure, but extreme times call for extreme measures.”

Shortly before Johnson spoke to the press, McClintock released a lengthy letter to his colleagues arguing that Republicans were trying to stretch the definition of an impeachable offense — in a way that could backfire the next time Democrats control the House.

“Do Republicans really wish to establish an expansive view of impeachment that will surely be turned against conservatives on the Supreme Court or a future Republican president if Congress changes hands?” he wrote.

Those views clashed with the case Homeland Security Committee Chair Mark Green (R-Tenn.) made to his GOP colleagues in the private conference meeting. At one point, Green called Mayorkas a “reptile with no balls” because he has not resigned, according to two Republicans who were in the room.

Green also acknowledged that they were still working to try to lock down enough Republican support, telling reporters “we’ll see pretty soon” if they can get there. He had projected confidence last week that Republicans had the votes.

And it’s not just Mayorkas impeachment dividing the fractured House Republican conference this week. GOP leaders also discussed Johnson’s new plan to pass a clean Israel aid bill without spending cuts elsewhere, which got pushback by some conservatives like House Freedom Caucus Chair Bob Good (R-Va.).

While not all members in the rebellious group agree, one House Republican – speaking about the closed-door meeting on the condition of anonymity – observed a “surprising amount of pushback on the Israel funding.”

Others defended Johnson’s plan, arguing it was the best way forward after it became clear a border-foreign aid deal is on life support with Republicans on both sides of the Capitol.

“The speaker wanted offsets before this. This is the same Mike Johnson but he recognizes that in order to get this bill passed, we need it as a clean bill,” said Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.).

“To be candid, he talked about the offsets we can get in other bills and the recognition that we would be playing politics if we weren’t willing to do a straight vote on this,” Issa added, arguing that now Biden is playing politics with Israel aid.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

PuttyKnife posted:

I’m more curious about what language of the Bible is factual. Or which edition? Where to the apocrypha fit in?

obviously the only factual and true version of the Bible is the Lego Bible

edit - I like how it shows dinosaurs at Noah's Ark

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

The common Taylor Swift (Taylorus Swiftii) rapidly rubs her sharp elbows together, generating a melodious noise that can be heard for miles around, helping her to summon a mate. As she is unable to keep a mate for more than a few hours she must repeat this process on a daily basis. She is represented by this ham sandwich (see fig. 1).

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Hollismason posted:

Okay so if the trial starts in August is that enough time for conviction

It depends on what you mean by conviction I guess. Even if the trial moves fast and resolves in under 3 months he will have appeals that go all the way up to the Supreme Court most likely. It will take months after the trial for the conviction to be settled. He isn't going to jail before the election.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

i think they punt that because its the easiest thing to do, it gives them respectiblity and cover(it was bipartisan unanimous ruling) and most of them just want trump to gently caress off for various reasons. i think they might "sorta" rule for him with colorado but even thats a coin toss.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

nobodygetshurt posted:

Umm, actually, it's a psyop, and those are all feds! Every single one of them!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vire posted:

It depends on what you mean by conviction I guess. Even if the trial moves fast and resolves in under 3 months he will have appeals that go all the way up to the Supreme Court most likely. It will take months after the trial for the conviction to be settled. He isn't going to jail before the election.

He'll appeal any conviction from prison or whatever the sentence is decided. I think.

You don't get to stay out of jail for murder, for example, because you're appealing it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TulliusCicero posted:

Well maybe Hamilton did

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Rhonne posted:

As a former fed I can assure you they're all regular people

Now I'ma need you to go outside for a moment to pick up the mail

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

RFC posted:

What's really loving insane is there is always thousands of kids outside of the venue 2 singing along. Absolutely bonkers

My wife attended the show in Pittsburgh, and I was lazing about the city that same day to see that people were standing across the drat river, looking at the football stadium, dressed up in fancy outfits not-unlike what Taylor Swift wears in her countless videos. You could maybe hear echos of her songs, and there were kids and adults, women and men, looking across to where she was singing, all in adoration.

To think these dumb GOP jerks want to start a war with a pop star that powerful, holy fuckin' lmao. Good luck, Trump, you're screwing with a lady who earned her fame through dedication to her fans and her work, and you earned yours through racism and idiocy. Let's see who wins!

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Marjorie Taylor Grift

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Rhonne posted:

:tinfoil: What if we're the ones being psyopped? Think about it, we're here defending a billionaire pop star, the NFL, a ruthless entertainment and theme park company, the alphabet agencies, etc against MAGAs? :tinfoil:

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

redshirt posted:

He'll appeal any conviction from prison or whatever the sentence is decided. I think.

You don't get to stay out of jail for murder, for example, because you're appealing it.

I would say that's normally a pretty fair point but I would also say normally if you steal the most sensitive secrets our country has from a scif and try to show them to foreign agents you don't get to campaign for president outside of a jail cell while awaiting trial. I'm not a lawyer so some one can probably tell me why these things are different but it seems like he gets a different set of rules because he was a former president and the front-runner for the GOP.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

When do the insane all-caps responses to the immunity decision start?
:f5:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

So definitely no decision in the next couple of days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019