Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

hahahahaha enlies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

The Government calls it the Army. But, a more alarmist name would be:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Yeah! Get it right! It's Domestic Terrorist, thank you very much.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Not if you just stuck them in a big tent in the desert and waited for them to roast to death

Make sure to make them wear pink underwear and only give them beans and grade D lunchmeat. We're talking about Joe Arpaio's prisons, right?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

I'm not sure why mtg and bobo are having a rivaled competition to be the dumbest human on earth but if they could do it outside of the government that would be great.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Batterypowered7 posted:

Make sure to make them wear pink underwear and only give them beans and grade D lunchmeat. We're talking about Joe Arpaio's prisons, right?

I was, but I'm sure he's not the only innovator in this space

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I'm pretty sure if you detained every person that came across the border then you'd have to have housing and such for like a million people.

And THAT's why the razor wires are essential. It's the only realistic way to comply with the current law on the books.

It's not like congress can change laws or anything. Their hands are tied!

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Aramis posted:

It's not like congress can change laws or anything. Their hands are tied!

but the president can (and totally should) act unilaterally am i rite

It's a crazy world where the GOP are chasing executive unilateral action with a Democrat in office.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I'm not sure why mtg and bobo are having a rivaled competition to be the dumbest human on earth but if they could do it outside of the government that would be great.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Jesus that broke my brain

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

"There enlies" really took me a second for that to register. That's a lol.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Grey Cat posted:

If a bunch of congress would gently caress off out of office and Trump shut up and just host a show of them all saying dumb poo poo at each other, I'd probably watch it.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Accipiter posted:

but the president can (and totally should) act unilaterally am i rite

It's a crazy world where the GOP are chasing executive unilateral action with a Democrat in office.

You know as well as I do that if Biden personally went down to the border to install killbots, they'd immediately complain about how he's abusing his power.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

2/14/24 1:00 pm: SCOTUS decides presidents have total immunity.
2/14/24 1:02 pm: Mar-A-Lago flattened by MOAB. Biden holds press conference stating "Totally my bad, lol, whatchagonnado"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

F4rt5 posted:

2/14/24 1:00 pm: SCOTUS decides presidents have total immunity.
2/14/24 1:02 pm: Mar-A-Lago flattened by MOAB. Biden holds press conference stating "Totally my bad, lol, whatchagonnado"

1:04 pm

Thomas and Alito arrested for crimes against the United States. Biden responses with a grin and "LOL".

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can't wait to hear the arguments in favor of why "there enlies" is technically correct.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

withak posted:

Can't wait to hear the arguments in favor of why "there enlies" is technically correct.

There of been many arguments for such use!

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
Jury in the Crumbley case has reached a verdict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svHllV0Ggcw

nerox
May 20, 2001

withak posted:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=There%20Enlies

She used it correctly, definition has been there since 2021. :lol:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Have they actually tho or is it just another jury question.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Yea correct

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

1:04 pm

Thomas and Alito arrested for crimes against the United States. Biden responses with a grin and "LOL".

Vote for me and I’ll have the military capture the leadership in every state’s government and hold them hostage until they agree to a constitutional amendment to abolish the Senate and electoral college!

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

withak posted:

Have they actually tho or is it just another jury question.

The feed says "Verdict will be read shortly" so I think this is the real deal.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

This all seems very over.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

withak posted:

It’s how the term is used in Thighland.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

nerox posted:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=There%20Enlies

She used it correctly, definition has been there since 2021. :lol:

:thunk:
https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1470006436755345412#m

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Just the fact that we are at "Actually Presidents are divinely ordained and immune to crimes like Ancient Japanese Emperors" is so absurd on its face, like even for the Judiciary chuds it's a tough sell.

Who is arguing this on the networks besides Trump and his cronies? Is any legal scholar seriously arguing this case?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

I'm not mad, you're mad.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

I think of these two as howler monkeys. Just make a lot of noise to try intimidate others for no reason, and devoid of reason.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Just the fact that we are at "Actually Presidents are divinely ordained and immune to crimes like Ancient Japanese Emperors" is so absurd on its face, like even for the Judiciary chuds it's a tough sell.

Who is arguing this on the networks besides Trump and his cronies? Is any legal scholar seriously arguing this case?

If you are going down that road, it might be worth qualifying that the actual argument being presented by Trump and co. is that Presidential misconduct is meant to be handled by the impeachment process, which means that only crimes for which the president has been impeached and convicted for are eligible for criminal prosecution post-presidency.

It's still a bullshit argument, and one that today's ruling goes out of its way to call out as such. But Trump's truths and ramblings are the only place where the "COMPLETE AND TOTAL IMMUNITY" junk is being trotted out.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Loll is it a good thing to have one of your co descendants testimony thrown out entirely because they are a liar?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

T3hRen3gade posted:

Lol the chat for this is a wreck lmao

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Lucky 5's! big verdict! no whammies!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

B-Rock452 posted:

Loll is it a good thing to have one of your co descendants testimony thrown out entirely because they are a liar?

How hosed is Donnie if Wasselberg committed perjury?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Count 1: guilty
Count 2: guilty
Count 3: guilty
Count 4: guilty

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Buncha guilties.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Guilty on all counts. yay.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

T3hRen3gade posted:

GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS BABY

emSparkly fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 6, 2024

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Oh wow drat wasn't expecting all guilties.