Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I forgot the Avs were back today, but WTF is this schedule coming out of the All Star break?
2/5 @ NYR
2/6 @ NJ
2/8 @ CAR
2/10 @ FLA
2/13 @ WAS
2/15 @ TBL

Okay a 6 game east coast swing? Sure A back-to-back to start it off for no reason? Sure. Arbitrarily turn a 4500 mile road trip into a 6000 mile road trip? Why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

In this case it doesn’t really cut it as they obviously knew (of atleast rumours), but from a point of view of encouraging teams to disclose incidents that do occur and to not do what Chicago did I do see the logic of not being punitive cap wise.

This obviously isn’t a one of incident and won’t be the last so not providing any more barriers to reporting (can’t interrupt the playoff run vibes!) is a good thing.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Finally hockey is back. With no hockey around I ended up betting money on dumb crap this weekend like how many times Tyler Swift will be shown during the super bowl and how many times usher will change during half time.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Simplex posted:

I forgot the Avs were back today, but WTF is this schedule coming out of the All Star break?
2/5 @ NYR
2/6 @ NJ
2/8 @ CAR
2/10 @ FLA
2/13 @ WAS
2/15 @ TBL

Okay a 6 game east coast swing? Sure A back-to-back to start it off for no reason? Sure. Arbitrarily turn a 4500 mile road trip into a 6000 mile road trip? Why not?

The schedule has been wacky all year

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Simplex posted:

2/5 @ NYR
2/6 @ NJ
2/8 @ CAR
2/10 @ FLA
2/13 @ WAS
2/15 @ TBL

I still don’t understand why they had a handful of teams play multiple games from 28-31 last month, but others got extra time off.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The other ones have a break too, just on a different week. It's this week for some, maybe all the remainders?

No clue why it was like 27 off and 5 on though.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think it's been a week since the Blackhawks were in a Winter Classic so time to fix this injustice

https://x.com/BenPopeCST/status/1754882585501516170?s=20

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The bruins blackhawks (4 each) and pens (3) have had enough winter classics for a while. There’s only been 15 of them fer crying out loud

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

do the blackhawks ever get punished for anything?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

shyduck posted:

I think it's been a week since the Blackhawks were in a Winter Classic so time to fix this injustice

https://x.com/BenPopeCST/status/1754882585501516170?s=20

lol

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Wrigley is a really cool place to have a Winter Classic. the Mariners' park was neat this year but doesn't have the same history and sights as Wrigley, or Fenway last year. rotate them and the Stadium Series between America's coolest stadiums: Wrigley, Fenway, The Big House, Cotton Bowl, etc. The Meadowlands in a few weeks for a Stadium Series? yuck! boring! make the Kings host it at the Rose Bowl under sweltering heat. it'll look cool!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The Lake Tahoe game was pretty cool. Was that a winter classic or just one of their other outdoor gimmicks? That's the last one I remember watching.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It was none of the above due to Covid and was just Called something else like NHL Outside or something

e: yeah

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Lake Tahoe is great in general, and it was such a cool backdrop. But there’s no way it could handle the amount of folks needed for a normal times Winter Classic, so it’s a shame it won’t happen again.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Diet Crack posted:

It was none of the above due to Covid and was just Called something else like NHL Outside or something

e: yeah

My first memory of that game was Dusty and Aurora Gooch. After that, yeah, it was a cool backdrop.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

How the hell hasn't Columbus played in an outdoor game yet? Ohio Stadium is right there!!!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

shyduck posted:

How the hell hasn't Columbus played in an outdoor game yet? Ohio Stadium is right there!!!

It’s Columbus.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

In another place people are saying this Jersey is good and posted the 'artistic' reasoning behind it and loving lmao

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

shyduck posted:

the stadium turns off running water after the football season ends and isn't winterized to NHL standards, though they are supposedly upgrading the stadium and improving heating this year which could make it feasible to run a winter game in the next few years

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Nybble posted:

Lake Tahoe is great in general, and it was such a cool backdrop. But there’s no way it could handle the amount of folks needed for a normal times Winter Classic, so it’s a shame it won’t happen again.

That and the ice surface was completely unplayable during the day time so they had to suspend the first game and resume it at night where you couldn't see anything. Oh and they also changed the broadcast channel so nobody could watch it either.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://x.com/friedgehnic/status/1754946259587113218

Sorry buddy. You were ok for a stretch there and just fell apart.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Matt Zerella posted:

https://x.com/friedgehnic/status/1754946259587113218

Sorry buddy. You were ok for a stretch there and just fell apart.

Last of the HBK line exits the league, will always be remembered for Sedin-Bonino-Richardson-Horvat

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

fermun posted:

I'll forgive the tub of lard if he can score 25 more goals and 40 more assists before the season ends.

Well he got one goal last night. Just gotta stay goal per game. Maybe a few more 4 goal nights

Edit: poo poo the things he says about thinking you're fat resonates with me.
I learned I have some issues a few months ago when I kept calling myself fat and my wife had to point out that maybe I had some body dysmorphia going on.

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 6, 2024

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Diet Crack posted:

In another place people are saying this Jersey is good and posted the 'artistic' reasoning behind it and loving lmao

JAIL (2013)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

do the blackhawks ever get punished for anything?

Nope. But I live in their market and I can say most fans are either Blues fans or like, Avs fans. The Chicago Blackhawks will probably have to kill another Wirtz to get their fanbase back in earnest

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/spelunky_/status/1754898325688426777

uhh someone get Cale some media training cause goddamn that's a quote

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

lmfao jesus christ

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

“Would have been there for the sexual assault but luckily I was busy that day! Phew!”

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
the Cotton Bowl Winter Classic owned and goddamn I can't believe it was months before Covid.

folks, 2020 was a wild year

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Haha what a quote

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:catstare:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Jesus loving Christ

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The mask he let slip, of course, is that like everyone else in hockey he thinks She Was Asking For It and the gang rapists did nothing wrong.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

The mask he let slip, of course, is that like everyone else in hockey he thinks She Was Asking For It and the gang rapists did nothing wrong.

They’re just kids.

:bang:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

LOL oh my god, to put it that way makes it sound like "I would have been there, but because of in-hindsight luck I wasn't"

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Just some good puck (bunny) luck... that's all.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

fawning deference posted:

LOL oh my god, to put it that way makes it sound like "I would have been there, but because of in-hindsight luck I wasn't"

I think that’s exactly what he was saying.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
The real luck is all the women that avoid being in the same room as makar from happenstance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Eric the Mauve posted:

I think it's because he's a brain dead 25-year-old who has been speaking in hockey lingo for everything since he was like 12, probably, but it could definitely be that deep down he is evil too. Impossible to know for sure.