Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

Hell yeah time to monetize the flashback nightmares

you're being chased down a black hallway by a fifty-limbed spider with black oil boiling out of its eyes for what feels like an eternity, it grabs you by the throat and pins you to the ceiling, its maw opens and the spider says "dont forget to like comment subscribe and hit that bELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

jesus christ

https://twitter.com/DignifAI

https://twitter.com/DignifAI/status/1754397958500450659

https://twitter.com/DignifAI/status/1754021189452775809

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

deeply weird. keep on doing it, internet. i would support an ai filter that just erases all evidence of his existence though.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
why would you go swimming in a tux

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

why would you go swimming in a tux

Well they don't call it a swim business-casual, now do they?

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
https://twitter.com/DrDMemes1/status/1753470800697426158

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Honestly this one feels truly, exceptionally gross. Like there's perverts and then there's perverts.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the tux made him lose 100 pounds

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

does the apple vision have a digital burqa app yet

wimplr

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

The Oldest Man posted:

does the apple vision have a digital burqa app yet

wimplr

Stealing this idea and selling it to the Saudis, see you when I'm a billionaire and I can buy the site

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

tokin opposition posted:

Stealing this idea and selling it to the Saudis, see you when I'm a billionaire and I can buy the site

Think bigger. Make a mormon bubbling overlay as well and hit both sides of that market

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I can't tell if they intended to make his tux look sopping wet or if it is just shiny fabric.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It's probably running an interrogator on the picture first to parse the clothing already present (so a dress turns into a less revealing dress and not, say, a hoodie with roughly the same color; underwear is probably a special case, even more likely that there's just a manually defined dictionary of what turns into what), so "wet" from the shorts will be passed through to the generation

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

withak posted:

I can't tell if they intended to make his tux look sopping wet or if it is just shiny fabric.

would you really expect AI run by morons to know the difference? or understand what "clothing" is besides blobs of colored pixels? it just filled in the gaps with something that very very loosely matches the dark-with-irregular-light-patches from the shorts in the input picture.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

silentsnack posted:

would you really expect AI run by morons to know the difference? or understand what "clothing" is besides blobs of colored pixels?

i wouldn't expect that from ai run by not-morons, tbh

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

king

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

https://twitter.com/spaghettiboyx69/status/1754660170066743806

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Gender Wars of the AI sounds like a great anime

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Ruffian Price posted:

so "wet" from the shorts will be passed through to the generation

It looks like it's an extension of the wet shorts, since they're both black. The patch on his leg looks unchanged.

I think the wetness makes it more believable, honestly. Why would someone photoshop a wet tux on someone!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

kiminewt posted:

I saw something that was absolute batshit and I had to share it here. The Ministry of Education of Israel has a website where they have a database of suggested classes in every topic.

https://pop.education.gov.il/teaching-tools/teaching-practices/search-teaching-practices/advocacy-ai/

Google translated:

quote:

Purpose
Building propaganda materials with the help of artificial intelligence, for the purpose of fighting for consciousness on social networks and proving the righteousness of Israel's way in the war that was imposed on us. This activity strengthens the students' involvement (citizenship, in practice), allows the expression of feelings, develops creativity and resilience, strengthens national personal identity and contributes to the national effort to achieve victory.

The author of the practice:
Iris Peled , technopedagogue, physics teacher at "Katzir" gymnasium Holon and national instructor supervising the teaching of physics, develops online courses.

https://pop.education.gov.il/remote.axd[https://meyda.education.gov.il/files/pop/28055/truth.png?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=452&height=216&rnd=133454777870000000
Note: "Propoganda" is translated from "Hasbara" which is not a pejorative in Israel (depending on your circles, anyway).

Basically this is a class that teaches highschoolers how to MAKE propaganda using AI. Presented as this shinning example of how to instil both "national personal identity" and developing technological skills. loving dystopia.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

they’re doing their part!

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

"War that was imposed on us" has big "War of Northern Aggression" energy.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Iris Peled. Technopedagogue.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Credit: Totallossbrain in the enshittification thread in GBS

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

another win for ~machine learning AI~

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/02/viral-news-story-of-botnet-with-3-million-toothbrushes-was-too-good-to-be-true/

The Tom's Hardware update quotes the German-language story on the toothbrush botnet as saying the incident "actually happened." Running the German text through Google Translate produces the following: "This example, which seems like a Hollywood scenario, really happened."

The German-language newspaper published a follow-up article today that quotes the Fortinet statement saying the toothbrush botnet wasn't real.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Too late, Northrop have already billed for a trillion dollars worth of laser-guided tactical floss.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

ynohtna posted:

Too late, Northrop have already billed for a trillion dollars worth of laser-guided tactical floss.

My favorite stripper has some awesome tactical floss and when the lasers hit it WHOOO!!!

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

skooma512 posted:

Credit: Totallossbrain in the enshittification thread in GBS

this didn’t happen. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...cal/ar-BB1hXaTt

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

gimme the rascal office chair with an Apple Vision Pro upgrade plus one of those teledildonics attachments.

now close the door because the virtual cum rodeo is about to unleash

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

gimme the rascal office chair with an Apple Vision Pro upgrade plus one of those teledildonics attachments.

now close the door because the virtual cum rodeo is about to unleash

You'll never make it to 8 seconds.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

You kids today are punks with your 12mph Volkswagon chairs, back in my day we went twice as fast doing it Flintstone style

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Electric wheelchairs for techbros.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Facebook Aunt posted:

Electric wheelchairs for techbros.

Listen if we got rid of accessibility equipment but gentrified half of silicon valley goes away, surely you don't want that to happen????????????????????????

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Oof. Yeah, my bad for firing that one from the hip.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

skooma512 posted:

Oof. Yeah, my bad for firing that one from the hip.

the story was everywhere and iot is such a disaster it would be plausible

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I’m currently wanting to buy a new electric toothbrush and they all seem to have Bluetooth and “AI” and an app that will show me my brushing history or some bullshit, it’s obscene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
I can't wait for the advent of self stimming wireheads. This will create an entirely new kind of degenerate. Imagine what we'll call them.