Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I thought that that meme was forbidden in PYF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Platystemon posted:

Oh lol I didn’t even see that when I posted it, just thought that cow looked so happy.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

(All my friends are brown from dung)

All my friends are invertebraaaaaaaaaaaates

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Sir Lemming posted:

All my friends are invertebraaaaaaaaaaaates

Let me sing you a song about insects

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Those bison look more like five organisms.

Platystemon posted:

orgaNIsms

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh man, we are getting hybrid European bisons again. (Several dozen thousand years ago actual European bisons were replaced by what apparently are hybrids with aurochs, the ancestor of farm cattle).

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Apparently almost all living American Bison have some amount of cow DNA in them too, from when their population cratered and the survivors were all in captive herds.

Cows are apparently just really sexy to bison.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there's always talk about resurrecting mammoths, dinosaurs through genetic engineering. they should bring back aurochs. those were some big bad boys.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Someone proposed a program to bring them back. They weren't a very popular group of guys.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

uber_stoat posted:

there's always talk about resurrecting mammoths, dinosaurs through genetic engineering. they should bring back aurochs. those were some big bad boys.

Let's all just settle down a bit until we can master the first stepping stone: tiny elephants

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

uber_stoat posted:

They're working on it, cows just aren't as headline-grabbing as a mammoth.
https://rewildingeurope.com/rewilding-in-action/wildlife-comeback/tauros/

UwUnabomber posted:

Someone proposed a program to bring them back. They weren't a very popular group of guys.
Yeah that probably hurt the plan too.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

UwUnabomber posted:

For those about Auroch, the big cow crew

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

uber_stoat posted:

The whole "mystique" around Aurochs was already a bit overblown. Stories of "moving mountains, destroying tree and brush as they moved about". They were big, but not that big. There are still extant species if cattle living today that were bigger than aurochs ever were. The Chianina would absolutely stomp a new mudhole in an aurochs.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

uber_stoat posted:

Manmoths?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mothman is still around (and is watching you right now).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
These are the only Aurochs I’m familiar with.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

If we don't get blitzball in FF14, I'm going to riot.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Stories of "moving mountains, destroying tree and brush as they moved about". They were big, but not that big.

What really? these giant cows couldn't MOVE MOUNTAINS?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I won't stand for this Babe the Big Blue Ox slander.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Milo and POTUS posted:

What really? these giant cows couldn't MOVE MOUNTAINS?

I'll let the people long dead from centuries past who spun fanciful yarns about the aurochs know they were incorrect.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Let's all just settle down a bit until we can master the first stepping stone: tiny elephants

:hmmyes:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfi8OEz0rA

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Boo at the ending, but otherwise :buddy:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The ending of that commercial crushed me more than it should have when I was 14 :negative:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

gently caress I have wanted this so badly all my life.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'll let the people long dead from centuries past who spun fanciful yarns about the aurochs know they were incorrect.

https://youtu.be/Z1h4cbPEfWs?si=YmuxN8XK_DjO-Hc5

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

We have pygmy Asian elephants in Borneo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I think they mean like a foot high or something. It would be cute

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The MSJ posted:

We have pygmy Asian elephants in Borneo.

They aren't very much smaller, they're like 70-90% the size of the Malaysian elephant populations. I want a lap elephant.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

They aren't very much smaller, they're like 70-90% the size of the Malaysian elephant populations. I want a lap elephant.

An elephant can sit in your lap.

Once.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And he gets paid to write?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Adrian Chiles is England's foremost journalist

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

‘Disturbed’ show postponed after singer comes down with a sickness

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Walking down the street and barely containing my anger as all the schoolchildren point and mock me with their sing-songy "You look like Ukraine's top gen-er-al! You look like Ukraine's top gen-er-al!"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It sounds more like he's walking down the street one day and the Ukrainian government mistook him for one of their top-tier generals. They called him in to make some important decisions, he rolled with it, and when it all went south he had called out Ukraine for making the mistake.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaUhmCHjTWw&t=20s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The MSJ posted:

It sounds more like he's walking down the street one day and the Ukrainian government mistook him for one of their top-tier generals. They called him in to make some important decisions, he rolled with it, and when it all went south he had called out Ukraine for making the mistake.

And he's probably not much better at driving a taxi either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buyclFZYD5A