Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Could someone gif that dlo no look bullet pass to AD? Please and thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

kingcobweb posted:

Spencer Dinwiddie

Would have had my money on Kuzma

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

toggle posted:

Could someone gif that dlo no look bullet pass to AD? Please and thank you.

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2024/02/05/0022300713/569/3ef61370-48de-4995-6eab-7d001b0692f4_1280x720.mp4

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Shooters shoot

quote:

“The Charlotte thing’s going to live in infamy. I don’t think Brandon Miller’s going to be a bust, but this is going to haunt them. I’m saying it now. I’m not even predicting it. This is going to be a disaster for Charlotte.”

temple fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 6, 2024

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1754880133364662516

entire organization gonna be channeling all their thoughts and prayers into this man's flaps

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oof he got it cut rather than repaired.

That's unfortunate.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Feeling a little less confident about my recent Philly ecf prediction.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
God speed Embiid

Although if everything goes wrong I'd love him as a pundit on inside the NBA etc

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

i still don't know what a meniscus is but i know what a proboscis is and i've been imagining embiid undergoing a cronenberg-like transformation

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Misc posted:

i still don't know what a meniscus is but i know what a proboscis is and i've been imagining embiid undergoing a cronenberg-like transformation

broadly speaking it's the cartilage in your knee that protects your ligaments and keeps your bones from grinding against each other

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

broadly speaking it's the cartilage in your knee that protects your ligaments and keeps your bones from grinding against each other

so joel embiid is going to come back with even more grind in him? 6ers going all the way

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Aye Doc posted:

so joel embiid is going to come back with even more grind in him? 6ers going all the way

Jimmy Butler had his removed in early 2018 and it took him to a whole new level of grind.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Joel embiid will barely be able to walk around and get off the ground as he ages, so not too different from his playing career honestly

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lockback posted:

Jimmy Butler had his removed in early 2018 and it took him to a whole new level of grind.

i had to go back and check because i was pretty sure jimmy's was not a removal, and Jon K is here to confirm

https://theathletic.com/253735/2018/02/25/jimmy-butler-has-knee-surgery-hopes-to-return-to-timberwolves-this-season/

quote:

In the immediate aftermath of the injury announcement, it appeared that Butler would be faced with a similar dilemma as former Wolves forward Chase Budinger and former Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, two of countless athletes who have dealt with meniscus injuries.

Both Budinger and Peterson were given a choice. First, repair the meniscus for the best chance to come back from the injury and not face some debilitating issues down the road, but spend three to six months in rehab before being able to return to play.

Or they could choose to have the meniscus removed, a procedure that increases the chances for arthritis and other long-term issues with the knee, but also has a much shorter recovery period that generally lasts about six weeks.

Budinger and Peterson each chose to repair their injuries with an eye toward the future.

But Butler’s procedure was neither a major repair nor a removal, and the hope is he will be able to return to action without facing some of the long-term risks involved with removing it. Exactly how he will respond to the surgery, both in the short and long term, remains to be seen. Different athletes react to any medical procedure in their own unique ways, which is why the Timberwolves have been cautious in the information they release about it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

D-wade had his removed while he was at Marquette. He regrets it and has loads of knee problems now.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I thought about throwing together a trade deadline quiz/survey but honestly it seems like this will be a pretty quiet week?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

rivetz posted:

I thought about throwing together a trade deadline quiz/survey but honestly it seems like this will be a pretty quiet week?

Big name moves kind of happened earlier

Also apron worries

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

rivetz posted:

quizzes are still fun even when nothing exciting happens. source: i ran a free agency prediction game where all the cool stuff happened 2 seconds after i posted the prediction form

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Rick posted:

Ben Simmons watching One Piece (I don't know why but I know in my heart this is the anime for him) on the sidelines during games, finally happy.
:hmmyes:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Aye Doc posted:

i had to go back and check because i was pretty sure jimmy's was not a removal, and Jon K is here to confirm

https://theathletic.com/253735/2018/02/25/jimmy-butler-has-knee-surgery-hopes-to-return-to-timberwolves-this-season/

He came back in like 6 weeks so I always assumed it was just a removal or something closer to a removal. I'm not sure what it was if it was neither a removal nor a repair.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

WhyteRyce posted:

Big name moves kind of happened earlier

Also apron worries
Yeah, that plus the Embiid/Lavine injuries. It seems like a lot of the league falls into two buckets

1) We are good enough and playing well enough right now to feasibly make a deep playoff run if things break right, so why gently caress w that
2) There is no move that would reliably put us into Group 1, and limited incentive to do anything now vs this summer

E: Additional factors: purportedly weak draft, top 4 lottery slots already effectively out of reach, uncertainty re how new cap structure and second apron will impact things

rivetz fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 6, 2024

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
There's nothing out there. OG was due and now what? All the big names were traded last year and this year, Harden was the last one left. Lebron trade talk is makework for nba media

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
So if Embiid is out this season for the 76ers and Doc is in this season for the Bucks that seems to make things a little easier for the Celtics, which is annoying. And the west will be a bloodbath so whoever comes out of there will be banged up.

Who will save us from the most boring result of another Celtics championship?

I guess what I’m saying is:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Red Rox posted:

So if Embiid is out this season for the 76ers and Doc is in this season for the Bucks that seems to make things a little easier for the Celtics, which is annoying. And the west will be a bloodbath so whoever comes out of there will be banged up.

I agree with you 100% but given the "We will evaluate in 4 weeks" Embiid might have gone the removal route which means he could very well be back before the playoffs. He might end up looking a little gimpy but the 76ers are probably still in the mix.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Thank you!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Lockback posted:

He came back in like 6 weeks so I always assumed it was just a removal or something closer to a removal. I'm not sure what it was if it was neither a removal nor a repair.

Ivermectin

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lifespan posted:

Ivermectin

I recently found out that ivermectin is a highly effective treatment for head lice that has basically made the old treatments obsolete and you can buy it over the counter at pharmacies. Got some from rite aid and rubbed it all over my kids’ heads. Lice annihilated and now they’re covid proof I’m pretty sure

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

rivetz posted:

I completely forgot about doing mine, if you want to do one go for it.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

rivetz posted:

E: Additional factors: purportedly weak draft, top 4 lottery slots already effectively out of reach, uncertainty re how new cap structure and second apron will impact things

Plus, most contenders have very limited assets - Lakers, Clippers, Bucks all have very few things to trade.

The Warriors will likely do something or at least try. They have Moody and some picks up to package.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lockback posted:

guessing from the language, he had a non-major repair. probably in another era of verbiage or maybe over on the football side of things they'd refer to it as a "meniscus clean up"

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I'm good with both of these

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1754948170386165807

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bam is the only center on the roster lol.

Pablo Banchero gonna have to play the 5

e: I personally would have given it to Jarrett Allen and Barnes, I don’t really think Trae young deserves to be rewarded

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 6, 2024

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

temple posted:

There's nothing out there. OG was due and now what? All the big names were traded last year and this year, Harden was the last one left. Lebron trade talk is makework for nba media

LeBron trade talk was to distract from him and AD sitting a nationally televised game between the two biggest historical rivals in NBA history, with no consequence whatsoever

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Also warning Pelinka/Jeannie that he can hit that button if he wants to.

Trae over Jarrett Allen is definitely the right choice for the all star game though

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Chronicles posted:

Trae over Jarrett Allen is definitely the right choice for the all star game though

No

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The DLo/Conley trade is looking ever better for Connelly, given that the "worse of Memphis or Washington" second he picked up is likely to end up 35th or better.

Athletic Wolves beat writer was speculating on both Jones brothers, Morris, and Wright (and a bit on Burks, Hyland, Lowry, and Schroeder). I can almost talk myself in to Tre being plausible, but it'd require some galaxybraining from the Spurs.

My two hot take deadline predictions for the Wolves are that either A: they join as a third or fourth team in a higher profile deal, sending away the 2nd and one of their FA busts for a better rotation fit as a part of the larger deal or B: They hold on to the 2nd, rely on the buyout market, and deal the 2nd on draftday - either packaged with other 2nds for Stepien relief or to move up in the first round (or both, if I'm dreaming big, moving up and then back down while picking up a future first in the process through magic and bullshit)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

zoux posted:

D-wade had his removed while he was at Marquette. He regrets it and has loads of knee problems now.

d-wade had loads of knee problems while he was still playing

he played for 16 seasons and only managed to miss less than 10 games in 7 of those

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Red Rox posted:

Heat need to start going on a winning or a losing streak I don't care, I don't want to watch a 1 Celtics vs. 8 Heat matchup :barf:

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

You must not be familiar with all star games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Paracaidas posted:

The DLo/Conley trade is looking ever better for Connelly, given that the "worse of Memphis or Washington" second he picked up is likely to end up 35th or better.

Athletic Wolves beat writer was speculating on both Jones brothers, Morris, and Wright (and a bit on Burks, Hyland, Lowry, and Schroeder). I can almost talk myself in to Tre being plausible, but it'd require some galaxybraining from the Spurs.

My two hot take deadline predictions for the Wolves are that either A: they join as a third or fourth team in a higher profile deal, sending away the 2nd and one of their FA busts for a better rotation fit as a part of the larger deal or B: They hold on to the 2nd, rely on the buyout market, and deal the 2nd on draftday - either packaged with other 2nds for Stepien relief or to move up in the first round (or both, if I'm dreaming big, moving up and then back down while picking up a future first in the process through magic and bullshit)

I managed to get Steph Curry for Conley + filler to work on the trade machine when I was dicking around.

Free Steph