Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/DIAGdemocrats/status/1754582156947730524

The TERFs Have Arrived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Informed by what? Things other than medicine?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://x.com/jallen_town/status/1754829676869009418?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
:biglips:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

If non-conformity is a non-problem, then why do they give a poo poo about the other two things?

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

sister org to DIAF

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I find myself much more aligned to the DGAF personally

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

матрёшка of complete dogshit

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
There's nothing wrong with getting an interview with Putin in principle, but lol at Tucker's claims that:

- Putin has very legitimate reasons for invading Ukraine that the mainstream media won't let you hear.

and

- No western media outlet has ever tried to interview Putin.

Combined with this:

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1754592004057575574

Something tells me this is not going to be a rigorous fact-finding mission.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SevaUT/status/1754914974365806999

Tucker is incredibly popular in Russia, they'd frequently show clips from his cancelled Fox News show on national broadcast over there.

I often wonder what it's like for the old school Cold Warriors to watch the GOP become the party of supporting a Russia led by a former KGB agent. I have a friend whose dad was serious Army intel in the 80s - like posted in Moscow and West Berlin serious. He cannot loving believe how russophilic the modern American conservatives have become.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

матрёшка of complete dogshit

Ukraine has an opportunity to do something very funny

e:

Scholz, where are the loving missiles?!

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 6, 2024

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

mobby_6kl posted:

Scholz, where are the loving missiles?!

Sorry, you're old news. We give all our missiles to Israel now.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

zoux posted:

Tucker is incredibly popular in Russia, they'd frequently show clips from his cancelled Fox News show on national broadcast over there.

I often wonder what it's like for the old school Cold Warriors to watch the GOP become the party of supporting a Russia led by a former KGB agent. I have a friend whose dad was serious Army intel in the 80s - like posted in Moscow and West Berlin serious. He cannot loving believe how russophilic the modern American conservatives have become.

It's because they never had a problem with the authoritarianism, just the communism

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

zoux posted:

What the gently caress they had a Russian Karlsson? I had a Karlsson doll as a child, with the propeller and all.¨

e: I now realize the doll was probably from the Soviet Union.

But the cartoon we watched on TV was Swedish like the book.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 7, 2024

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What the gently caress they had a Russian Karlsson? I had a Karlsson doll as a child, with the propeller and all.¨

Someone should Photoshop the tucker expression on the doll.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

lol it’s Charlie Kirk

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

madmatt112 posted:

lol it’s Charlie Kirk
just need to make the face like 3 times as big while keeping the same distance between the facial features. Soviet cartoon chat also made me think of this, which is pro-watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFUi7inkAbs

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1755061838352396558

New Yorkers are bozos for putting up with these clowns.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I assume nobody in New York is going to do anything about the live streamed jumping Hannity asked to watch.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Oliver Stone’s Alexander biopic basically failed in the 2000s because of the gay. But it’s now 2024 and not 2004.

Unfortunately, Alexander was kind of an uggo IRL. Not at all like the actors that have portrayed him. The posthumous portraits of him completely contradict the contemporary written descriptions. But, when you’re king of kings, people let you do it.

cat botherer fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 8, 2024

Glah
Jun 21, 2005

cat botherer posted:

Unfortunately, Alexander was kind of an uggo IRL. Not at all like the actors that have portrayed him. The posthumous portraits of him completely contradict the contemporary written descriptions. But, when you’re king of kings, people let you do it.

I'd be interested in those sources because I've been reading a biography of Alexander, and at least it claims that the different written sources claimed him a handsome. Short dude sure, as were most Macedonians at the time, but handsome. But I'm not aware of much surviving contemporary accounts so those written sources claiming him handsome could very well be BS too. Like Arrian, who based his writing on Alexander's contemporary Ptolemy's lost works, was writing about Alexander hundred years after the fact.

There was also his bust found at the site of his fathers tomb in Vergina apparently made before he'd started the conquest of Asia and became king of kings that is close to his later portraits:

Fun fact: Alexander was a true look maxer and practiced this thing where he tilted his head slightly and gave this dreamy look to melt the hearts of men. He was creating a proto 'blue steel'!

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

cat botherer posted:

Oliver Stone’s Alexander biopic basically failed in the 2000s because of the gay. But it’s now 2024 and not 2004.

Nah the primary sources are pretty unanimous that he was handsome. Maybe you're thinking of Cleopatra?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

AstroTERF

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

I like the clumsy attempt at inclusive language. "Non-conformity is a non-problem" just slipped right in between statements indicating they very much believe that non-conformity is a very big problem.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it's the "you can dress how you want, but we still won't accept you" of statements, right between denying the existence of intersex people and denying the existence of hormones.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Glah posted:

Fun fact: Alexander was a true look maxer and practiced this thing where he tilted his head slightly and gave this dreamy look to melt the hearts of men. He was creating a proto 'blue steel'!

He would have won at Hydaspes if he could've just turned his line left.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Putin interview going great

https://twitter.com/reshetz/status/1755739720519151752

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

zoux posted:

We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Proust Malone posted:

We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son.

:chloe:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Uh oh

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The Tucker/Putin interview was mostly boring, but there were two pretty amazing parts:

1) Tucker asked about the WSJ journalist who has been imprisoned in Russia for almost two years and prefaced it with, "I know this is none of my business, but"

2) Tucker nodding sagely in agreement with Putin's assertion that Hitler was desperately trying to stop WWII, but was forced into it by Poland and then the rest of the world got involved to create a tragedy - much like Ukraine today. Weirdly, casting himself as a sympathetic Hitler in this analogy.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1755985948565705044

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Certainly an interesting take on WWII starting with a Polish invasion.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Gyges posted:

Certainly an interesting take on WWII starting with a Polish invasion.

Blaming the Poles is what the Soviets did at the time and it's hardly unusual for admirers of Stalin to echo it to this day. Going a step further to apply the logical conclusion of that to Hitler is unusually quiet part loud though.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Someone doesn’t know his Kubrick.

https://youtu.be/gG7Dm14Y7wE?si=0UkvG19d7x_WcTU-

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Ahh shame on me I never watched Full Metal Jacket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A lot of people stop watching after the first half which I think is a mistake. That said that quote without context looks as bad as it sounds lol