Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mr Scumbag posted:

I think you just nailed it. It was a TV show, my bad for bringing it here. I think I was so vague about it cause I half-watched it while drinking. Mystery solved, thanks.

tv shows end up being the answer here pretty frequently, i don't think anyone minds. the whole premise of the thread sort of precludes being sure it was a movie and not something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Hey there,

Does anyone know where this clip comes from?

https://i.imgur.com/v4l3ovB.mp4

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Wow Subway’s trying some new things in their advertising.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
It’s vaguely familiar but I don’t have any name for it. Maybe an old comedy sketch show, maybe an old comedy movie, I keep trying to recognise his face and I’ve got nothing.

I tried image searching the guy and all I got were hits for Rasputin / an actor who played Rasputin.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It looks like Matt Berry or Adam Buxton, but it’s neither of those.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

goth smoking cloves posted:

Hey there,

Does anyone know where this clip comes from?

https://i.imgur.com/v4l3ovB.mp4

reposting from the other thread

DoombatINC posted:

I Believe in Santa Claus (1984) (aka J'ai rencontré le Père Noël), a french christmas movie about a boy and girl that run away to meet santa because they need to wish for the boy's parents to not be held for ransom by african militants; when santa and the good fairy travel to africa to free the parents from the militants via hijinks, the kids fall into the hands of a cannibal giant whose going to eat the children but first he has a dog for a light snack

also its a musical, if that even needed saying

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Thank you, I've added it to my watch list based on the IMDB reviews

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Looking for what I think was some sort of crime drama movie or tv show from the 90's or early 00's. I don't recall anything about it except for the twist at the end: The real crime boss was a child, who was the son of the previous crime boss. The end scene consisted of some guy (probably the underboss) walking in on the kid while he was playing video games, discussing what their next move is going to be.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
A German/Austrian costume film from the 1950s or 60s, about the Austro-Prussian War or slightly before that. Comedic in tone. Two delegations are trying to buy a new gun or rifle from a weapons manufacturer, and are trying to outmaneuver each other to get the sale.

In the end, the Austrians get the contract, and the Germans are downbeaten. After the Austrians leave, the manufacturer turns to them and says, more or less: "Now that I've gotten rid of my obsolete stock, let me show you my most recent product." It might be about the Dreyse needle gun.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
This is not a lot to go on but my wife was talking about a movie she saw growing up in the 90s, all she remembers is a scene where there is a woman drinking wine (from the bottle) in a cemetery, she is crying and drinking the wine and a corpse with no skin pops up and grabs her. It was during the day and the corpse looked "gooey"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

B-Rock452 posted:

This is not a lot to go on but my wife was talking about a movie she saw growing up in the 90s, all she remembers is a scene where there is a woman drinking wine (from the bottle) in a cemetery, she is crying and drinking the wine and a corpse with no skin pops up and grabs her. It was during the day and the corpse looked "gooey"

This sounds like it could be either Creepshow or Cemetery Man.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Timby posted:

This sounds like it could be either Creepshow or Cemetery Man.

Cemetery Man is absolutely worth a watch, but I don't think it has a scene like that.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

It's not Cemetary Man. I know that movie like the back of my hand.

I'd say Return of the Living Dead, but that's at night.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
It was Creepshow! Thanks so much. I had actually guessed Return of the Living Dead as well but we watched it and like I said she was adamant the scene she remembered was during the day

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There's never a bad reason to watch Return of the Living Dead

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
A sci-fi movie probably from the 90s or early 2000s, I only remember near the end there was a naked woman that was unable to move/paralyzed by someone, and they were on a spaceship that's near a planet/Sun, and there's a guy that plans to do something to her/sacrifice her?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Freakazoid_ posted:

Looking for what I think was some sort of crime drama movie or tv show from the 90's or early 00's. I don't recall anything about it except for the twist at the end: The real crime boss was a child, who was the son of the previous crime boss. The end scene consisted of some guy (probably the underboss) walking in on the kid while he was playing video games, discussing what their next move is going to be.

It wasn't a twist, but Kick-rear end?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

lordfrikk posted:

A sci-fi movie probably from the 90s or early 2000s, I only remember near the end there was a naked woman that was unable to move/paralyzed by someone, and they were on a spaceship that's near a planet/Sun, and there's a guy that plans to do something to her/sacrifice her?

Probably wrong, but Dracula: 3000? At the end of the movie there are two survivors, a man and a woman. The spaceship is going to crash into the sun, because neither person alive knows how to pilot the ship. There is a line by the (dead) captain via video, implying that he's happy that his sacrifice of the ship will keep everyone on Earth safe. Then it's revealed that the woman (a robot) used to be a programmed sex bot, and it's implied that they gently caress before being burned up by the sun.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

B-Rock452 posted:

It was Creepshow! Thanks so much. I had actually guessed Return of the Living Dead as well but we watched it and like I said she was adamant the scene she remembered was during the day

I WANT MY CAKE

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

CzarChasm posted:

Probably wrong, but Dracula: 3000? At the end of the movie there are two survivors, a man and a woman. The spaceship is going to crash into the sun, because neither person alive knows how to pilot the ship. There is a line by the (dead) captain via video, implying that he's happy that his sacrifice of the ship will keep everyone on Earth safe. Then it's revealed that the woman (a robot) used to be a programmed sex bot, and it's implied that they gently caress before being burned up by the sun.

I have this movie, and skimming through it now, there is no scene where she is lying naked. The lady being a robot kinda rings a bell, though.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I haven't seen Lifeforce but could that be it? Wrong time period but I know it involves naked women and spaceships lol

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Martman posted:

I haven't seen Lifeforce but could that be it? Wrong time period but I know it involves naked women and spaceships lol

Nah, can't be Lifeforce. Only like the first 15 minutes of Lifeforce takes place in space, after that the naked woman is on Earth.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Basebf555 posted:

Nah, can't be Lifeforce. Only like the first 15 minutes of Lifeforce takes place in space, after that the naked woman is on Earth.

She is very naked though.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

lordfrikk posted:

I'm going to be no help, but I think I remember the trailer for this film. I seem to remember the female lead being famous for one other thing, like she was a Star Trek regular or something usually.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

A movie I've never seen, but started thinking of the other day. As far as I remember it's several short films all directed by tyrants or killers. The films are abstracted biographies of themselves. I seem to remember the cover featuring a line of people walking out of a big fish. Tried googling all sorts of descriptions, but Google only gave me true crimes or stuff with killer fish :11tea:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

lordfrikk posted:

Very unlikely but still a ~70% match - Supernova (2000), the very end of the movie has a nude man and woman on a spaceship discussing their potential annihilation from a nearby star going supernova, and it closes on them embracing inside a life support capsule over earth

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

uncle blog posted:

A movie I've never seen, but started thinking of the other day. As far as I remember it's several short films all directed by tyrants or killers. The films are abstracted biographies of themselves. I seem to remember the cover featuring a line of people walking out of a big fish. Tried googling all sorts of descriptions, but Google only gave me true crimes or stuff with killer fish :11tea:

The Act of Killing

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375605/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

That's it, thanks!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Martman posted:

DoombatINC posted:

Very unlikely but still a ~70% match - Supernova (2000), the very end of the movie has a nude man and woman on a spaceship discussing their potential annihilation from a nearby star going supernova, and it closes on them embracing inside a life support capsule over earth

It's none of these but thanks for making me aware of them, both look bonkers lol

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

5th element? She’s almost naked for the whole movie

E: to clarify, I bring up Fifth Element as an answer to the question. I do not, under any circumstances, advise anyone to watch The Fifth Element

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
oddly enough not during the "sacrifice" to the sun scene

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Jedit posted:

It wasn't a twist, but Kick-rear end?

It's not this, too recent and I'm pretty sure wasn't a comic book movie.

oldpainless posted:

E: to clarify, I bring up Fifth Element as an answer to the question. I do not, under any circumstances, advise anyone to watch The Fifth Element

Well I do advise it. It's a good film.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Freakazoid_ posted:

It's not this, too recent and I'm pretty sure wasn't a comic book movie.

Well I do advise it. It's a good film.

I love The Fifth Element!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Yeah Fifth Element kicks rear end.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it's a luc besson joint. everything good he's ever made has been on accident

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

kalel posted:

it's a luc besson joint. everything good he's ever made has been on accident

nah let's not do that. Movies are collaborative effort and he still gets credit for putting out some absolute bangers even if he does need people in cast and crew to be like, "OK but what if the hero wasn't a pedophile?"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Forgive them Father for they know not what they do

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

oldpainless posted:

I do not, under any circumstances, advise anyone to watch The Fifth Element

Tf?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

More like old willisless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

oldpainless posted:

5th element? She’s almost naked for the whole movie

OK Grandpa, time for your nap