Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Stoatbringer posted:

Strange that it’s lasted so long without explicit presidential immunity. How strange and peculiar. Good job this guy finally figured out the problem.

It took President Drummond Tramp to expose the flaws in the system. The flaws are bad. Very bad. Perhaps the worst flaws in history.

DO SOMETHING!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Strange how just this one president is so concerned about immunity.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Nixon also thought the President was above the law.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

NoiseAnnoys posted:

lol he's gonna stroke out before any appeal gets heard.

what do you think his blood pressure is like now?

A thick gravy-like consistency

It may actually BE gravy.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Does Trump ever tweet/truth a post without ! marks?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mons Hubris posted:

The prestige!

Back in Trump's days it MEANT something to get fish delite grease all over the oval office carpet. There was a quiet dignity to every diet coke brought in on a silver platter, a sense of immense gravitas radiated from every ketchup stain on the wallpaper.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1754954690087780530

lol we are probably gonna pass what we originally wanted to pass because the GOP is broken and mcconnel wants to pass something.

Schumer's face :hmbol:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lol we hope those are ketchup stains.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

THOMAS JEFFERSON, WHO WOULD HAVE AGREED WITH ME ON A NUMBER OF THINGS...

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Bud light is OK again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's extremely funny how obvious it is that this man did crimes.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
maybe I was gaslighted but I distinctly remember an era when McConnell was actually good at this

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Does Trump ever tweet/truth a post without ! marks?

Would it even be a Trpum post without them? Though to answer your question, I don't think he did

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

100% he's absolutely raging in Maralago and physically unable to type his all-caps rage, and his team is typing these truths. There's no loving way he would EVER use the word 'consumed' without it involving food.

nobodygetshurt fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 6, 2024

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

steinrokkan posted:

Back in Trump's days it MEANT something to get fish delite grease all over the oval office carpet. There was a quiet dignity to every diet coke brought in on a silver platter, a sense of immense gravitas radiated from every ketchup stain on the wallpaper.

I’ll admit if I had a Coke Zero button, I’d be pushing that thing all day long.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Serious_Cyclone posted:

maybe I was gaslighted but I distinctly remember an era when McConnell was actually good at this

dude had at least 3 public strokes since then though.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
the WOKE LEFT goes after WELL RUN CONSERVATIVE PEOPLE. NASTY!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol we are probably gonna pass what we originally wanted to pass because the GOP is broken and mcconnel wants to pass something.
Brandon does it again?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Lmao at plan b , which is uh checks notes.. passing the bills the democrats want.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lmao so even better for dems, amazing

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Hollismason posted:

Lmao at plan b , which is uh checks notes.. passing the bills the democrats want.

Stollen Rigged Witch Hunt! They weren't supposed to pass anything!

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

nobodygetshurt posted:

100% he's absolutely raging in Maralago and physically unable to type his all-caps rage, and his team is typing these truths.

Oh absolutely.

If you ever saw the January 6th address outtakes he kept hitting the podium in frustration like a petulant child because he was constantly loving up. He literally had them remove the word "yesterday" from the address because "that word is hard for me."

That was with staffers around with a camera pointed at him. I can't even imagine the pants-pissing amphetamine rages he has behind closed doors.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

I would like to state that I would have zero problems with this person accidentally tripping and falling into a pit full of knives. I'm not wishing for that. I'm just saying it wouldn't exactly fill me with negative feelings if such an occasion occurred for her.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

CHECKS AND BALANCES YOU TRAITOR gently caress

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Accipiter posted:

Gaetz was one of the fuckers that was seeking a preemptive pardon from Dnralted Turnip for his own actions on January 6th.

Hey Matt. What was the pardon for?

A lot of them were also saying they were going to expel him after he called the vote to remove McCarthy. Weird how they lie about everything huh

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1754971690281423179

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 6, 2024

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

Bud light is OK again.

He has nothing. Nobody. He's hosed. He backstabbed everything in petty tantrums and now he's trying to make amends. This is so loving rich.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

beef sweat posted:

A lot of them were also saying they were going to expel him after he called the vote to remove McCarthy. Weird how they lie about everything huh

don't they have like a 2 to 3 vote majority? they're not going to expel anyone unless they make it impossible not to, like santos.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
They really should just drop "distinguished" any time they refer to Greene or Boebert.

Replace it with "disheveled" or something.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

don't they have like a 2 to 3 vote majority? they're not going to expel anyone unless they make it impossible not to, like santos.
Jeffries can offer a handful of D votes for insurance

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

The prestige!

Don knows about the 3rd act of a magic trick, but does he know about the first two?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

for all you people swooning over taylor swift in this thread...

Taylor Swift joins Elon Musk in trying to silence student who tracks celebrity jets
https://www.theverge.com/2024/2/6/24063220/taylor-swift-jet-public-data-social-media

quote:

Taylor Swift’s attorneys have threatened legal action against Jack Sweeney, a college student who has attracted the ire of celebrities and billionaires over his social media accounts that share publicly available information about private jet landings and takeoffs.

An attorney for Swift sent a cease-and-desist letter to Sweeney, a University of Central Florida junior, in December, according to The Washington Post. The letter, which Sweeney shared with the Post, says that his social media accounts cause “direct and irreparable harm, as well as emotional and physical distress.” It says that unless Sweeney stops the “stalking and harassing behavior,” the artist would “have no choice but to pursue any and all legal remedies.”

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

Hazo posted:

quote:

Ethan had three Instagram accounts, and his parents followed one of them, but it seems not to have aroused their concern. He was posting images of deformed faces, with protruding jaws or blank eyes, contorted with glee.

Is this describing those soyjack/wojack/rageface things?

It sounds practically spot-on to someone who wouldn't understand the context behind them. I can imagine Ethan was a frequent 4chan visitor in this case.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

lmao hell yeah

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

They are just hammering out the bangers lmao

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Strong Sauce posted:

for all you people swooning over taylor swift in this thread...

Taylor Swift joins Elon Musk in trying to silence student who tracks celebrity jets
https://www.theverge.com/2024/2/6/24063220/taylor-swift-jet-public-data-social-media

maybe celebs shouldnt be hoity-toity and think its their god given right to have private jets and fly around the globe/country within hours?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

Bud light is OK again.

what

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

PhazonLink posted:

Don knows about the 3rd act of a magic trick, but does he know about the first two?

That's why he had all those MAGA hats made. He found the Nikola Tesla machine that makes free hats.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Raku posted:

lmao so even better for dems, amazing

yeah basicaly. i think while the bill sucked, it probably would have given somewhat of a boost with moderates and poo poo because thats the poo poo they want and their does need to be alot of expansion of judges/lawyers/courts and tweaking of various systems that the bill would have sorta helped with. but lol the GOP shot themselves in the cock, again. this fucks the GOP worse and gives the dems the moral high ground with out hurting people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Taylor swift has to protect herself from sexual predators, no one wants to sexually predate musk.