Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Daniels also has an insane deep ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I love Daniels but he also had two likely 1st rounders in Nabers and Brian Thomas and an incredible OL compared to the poo poo Maye was working with.

I think both are top 3 pick worthy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I love Daniels but he also had two likely 1st rounders in Nabers and Brian Thomas and an incredible OL compared to the poo poo Maye was working with.

I think both are top 3 pick worthy.

So did Burrow.

Daniel's is gonna be good.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Diva Cupcake posted:

He is a white guy who went to UNC, therefore....

So was Ben Johnson, so you just gotta hire Drake Maye as your OC in 15 years time

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Daniels is tall and slim and will be taking hits NFL pass rushers. He also runs like Robert Griffin. Durability is going to be a concern.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cash Monet posted:

Daniels is tall and slim and will be taking hits NFL pass rushers. He also runs like Robert Griffin. Durability is going to be a concern.

Now imagine him on FedEx field

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Daniels needs to pack on a fair amount of muscle otherwise yeah, he’s gonna get broken.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Now imagine him on FedEx field

I was shocked that a players poll voted the Meadowlands as the worst field to play on over FedEx. NFC East has cursed fields.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I always thought Lawrence looked pretty slender, he's at 6'6 220(on pfr) and he's been okish health wise, about 70 rushing attempts and 300 yards per year. 6'4 210 doesn't seem that outlandish if that's what his measurements turn out to actually be

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

joe football posted:

I always thought Lawrence looked pretty slender, he's at 6'6 220(on pfr) and he's been okish health wise, about 70 rushing attempts and 300 yards per year. 6'4 210 doesn't seem that outlandish if that's what his measurements turn out to actually be

I thought Herbert was skinny too.

Turns out he's just tall

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cash Monet posted:

He’s more elusive than Griffin when he wants to be, he just needs to learn not to invite contact. He didn’t really have durability issues in college and it’s not like the guys he was playing against were scrubs.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anthony Richardson has 30 pounds on Daniels and he died after like 3 games. The "learn not to invite contact" bit can't be overstated.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its often how you're getting hit rather than the build. Cam was a meat truck and he died from pass rushers being allowed to just tee off.

Richardson is an athletic marvel. Played 2 games.

Stroud is a prototype. Missed a few games.

Bryce is a tiny baby boi. Missed 1 game with a sore ankle. Got sacked more than anyone in history not named carr as a rookie.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Drake Maye is not the name of a top 10 NFL quarterback. as far as I can tell there is no profession in the United States that is well suited for someone named Drake Maye. I'm not really sure what he should do but based on his name I know I don't want him on my football team.

(Although I would accept him for Bryce straight up)

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Maye is a surname with some upside. Drake is concern. Needs to open to going by his middle name.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I dunno man. While not a protagonists name. Drake Maye extremely sounds like the antagonist team's quarterback who is good but an rear end in a top hat with an lovely haircut in a sports movie.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I would say Jayden isn't good under pressure. He bounces a lot in the pocket and likes to run into people when he has pressure in his face. These are my two blurbs on him and Maye:

Jayden Daniels QB LSU Spent five years in college, true freshman starter under Herm Edwards at ASU before losing a season to Covid. Transfered to LSU after a disastrous red shirt junior year. Elite athlete and one of the faster players in the draft. Cannon for an arm that can get the ball downfield with ease or hit intermediate routes with high speed. Run first QB for most of his career but toned it down a bit in his RS senior year. Generally makes good decisions but can panic in the pocket. Deadly runner, just plain outruns everyone. In game speed seems way faster whatever he'll run for his 40 yard dash. Great vision both in the pocket and when running, sees the field with patience and experience but it does lead to holding on to the ball for too long looking for the big play. Shotgun only guy. Terrible form at times, mostly when under pressure but also when given too much time due to him bouncing up and down while looking for an open route. Throws oddly on the run sometimes and puts all of the torque on his arm instead of his body. Accuracy issues on deep routes covered up by elite WRs.

Drake Maye QB UNC Two year sophomore that red shirted freshman year seeing nominal play whenever Howell was hurt. Fantastic arm talent. Able to make strong throws everywhere on the field with good touch and accuracy. Able to contort his throwing motion depending on the play around him. Great runner. Decently athletic with good speed and pop in the run game. Can turn plays into something with his mobility. Takes shots at coverage and isn't afraid of heavy coverage schemes. When on his game in the pocket he can be deadly but has problems playing out of structure. Makes bone headed decisions. Loves to throw across his body or into tight coverage. Waits too long on plays and doesn't get the ball to open underneath receivers. Terrible footwork. Has issues with accuracy due to random foot placements. Throws on the move can either be beautiful or complete ducks because of it. Tried to hero ball his sophomore season and stats suffered. Could be elite if he focuses more on consistency or a liability if he doesn't.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Docjowles posted:

Anthony Richardson has 30 pounds on Daniels and he died after like 3 games. The "learn not to invite contact" bit can't be overstated.

Richardson was also injured every 3 games in college, even from mild hits. The guy is just fragile for whatever reason. He doesn’t even really invite contact, he just gets hurt by everything.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Meanwhile, Josh Allen

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

zimbomonkey posted:

Drake Maye is not the name of a top 10 NFL quarterback. as far as I can tell there is no profession in the United States that is well suited for someone named Drake Maye. I'm not really sure what he should do but based on his name I know I don't want him on my football team.

(Although I would accept him for Bryce straight up)

Professional swashbuckler.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

Meanwhile, Josh Allen

Minotaur's are extremely durable

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Drake Maye is a fine name for a QB and whenever you guys are about to make a 'this name is good or bad' post simply backspace it because you are all 100% wrong 100% of the time

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Drake Mayer would be a better name

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Drake Manning

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Drake Maye is too much of an NFL QB Name, like Colt McCoy

Like Colt's parents, the Mayes flew too close to the sun and doomed their boy to be a bust

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Remember this name in 20 years - kicker Travis Swift, Jr.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

PupsOfWar posted:

Drake Maye is too much of an NFL QB Name, like Colt McCoy

Like Colt's parents, the Mayes flew too close to the sun and doomed their boy to be a bust

The parents are doing something right because Drake has siblings and most of them did big things.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Mega64 posted:

Drake Manning

Drake Mayening

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Drake Mayer would be a better name

But not as good as Drake Mayest.

Alternately, Drake Maye < Drake Shalle < Drake Muste.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'll be honest with you, the name Caleb Williams makes me think of the Muppet Musicians of Bremen "Mean Old Caleb Siles" song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEFG9jBHSek

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Doltos posted:

Kalen King def looked like rear end

:smithcloud:

Come ooooon Steelers in the 2nd then

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

kalensc posted:

:smithcloud:

Come ooooon Steelers in the 2nd then

3rd

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Doltos posted:

Jayden Daniels QB LSU Spent five years in college, true freshman starter under Herm Edwards at ASU before losing a season to Covid. Transfered to LSU after a disastrous red shirt junior year. Elite athlete and one of the faster players in the draft. Cannon for an arm that can get the ball downfield with ease or hit intermediate routes with high speed. Run first QB for most of his career but toned it down a bit in his RS senior year. Generally makes good decisions but can panic in the pocket. Deadly runner, just plain outruns everyone. In game speed seems way faster whatever he'll run for his 40 yard dash. Great vision both in the pocket and when running, sees the field with patience and experience but it does lead to holding on to the ball for too long looking for the big play. Shotgun only guy. Terrible form at times, mostly when under pressure but also when given too much time due to him bouncing up and down while looking for an open route. Throws oddly on the run sometimes and puts all of the torque on his arm instead of his body. Accuracy issues on deep routes covered up by elite WRs.

Too skinny.

Doltos posted:

Drake Maye QB UNC Two year sophomore that red shirted freshman year seeing nominal play whenever Howell was hurt. Fantastic arm talent. Able to make strong throws everywhere on the field with good touch and accuracy. Able to contort his throwing motion depending on the play around him. Great runner. Decently athletic with good speed and pop in the run game. Can turn plays into something with his mobility. Takes shots at coverage and isn't afraid of heavy coverage schemes. When on his game in the pocket he can be deadly but has problems playing out of structure. Makes bone headed decisions. Loves to throw across his body or into tight coverage. Waits too long on plays and doesn't get the ball to open underneath receivers. Terrible footwork. Has issues with accuracy due to random foot placements. Throws on the move can either be beautiful or complete ducks because of it. Tried to hero ball his sophomore season and stats suffered. Could be elite if he focuses more on consistency or a liability if he doesn't.

Too dorky.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Then do I have a QB for you, impossible spheres.

Joe Milton: 20 feet tall with an ogre arm

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Then do I have a QB for you, impossible spheres.

Joe Milton: 20 feet tall with an ogre arm

don't ask about his brain tho

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Look, you don't want your QB too smart.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Look, you don't want your QB too smart.

Just like cops

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Black Sunshine posted:

Just like cops

Works better for QBs, though.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Coldforge posted:

Works better for QBs, though.

I mean, yeah it's an incredibly stupid position in the first place. I'd personally prefer that intelligent people capable of critical thinking and empathy make up most of the police force instead of moron high school bullies with fragile egos and a penchant for murdering innocent people without consequence.

Also, I want to trade up to #3 and take Daniels and will be furious if my dumb team trades for Fields. I'm hoping that signing Getsy makes it less likely that they're paired together again? Does anyone know if either of them took any shots at the other? I'm hoping they're mortal enemies or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm very excited for the Raven's new hometown hero, Towson's own Jesus Gibbs. Athletic freak that has been trying to learn to be a pass rusher for five years. Jesus' draft stock is largely contingent on the pronunciation of his first name.