Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The average AEW hell thread poster can't tell the difference between these 6 letters: AEHORW

For just the price of a cup of coffee your donation today will help them learn their letters and promotions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It was first awarded on an episode of WCW Main Event and was defended in GAEA until a year later - just a few days shy of a year to the day, actually - before it was deactivated when WCW's partnership with them ended.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The TV title to me was the coolest because I loved antics. I never thought twice about how many titles there were because to me within The Canon the promotion is a hub for the best fighters in the world to prove themselves, so why wouldnt the promotion want them to have a bunch of titles for them to fight over? I guess it does look lame though when you're constantly working new titles in, they shoulda just started with like 15 and one of them shouldn't have been named FTW.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

The average AEW hell thread poster can't tell the difference between these 6 letters: AEHORW

For just the price of a cup of coffee your donation today will help them learn their letters and promotions

Rll Hlite Orestling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If you double your donation we can start explaining IWGP

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

which real housewives spinoff is this now i can't keep track

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

dude coming to the ring wearing 3 different championships

what a jabrone a mark even

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Everyone has a title and they’re always on the line and at the end of the year whoever collects the most titles wins a little trophy

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Everyone has a title and they’re always on the line and at the end of the year whoever collects the most titles wins a little trophy

Yes, an Ashes Urn-sized trophy

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

This is just the Gift Of The Gods title.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

This is just the Gift Of The Gods title.

loving love that title. Reminded me of that rip off mortal kombat show where they had to collect the six coins to get the master title or whatever

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Everyone should have a title

Proud to be the holder of the Punchsport Pagoda World Milkshake Enjoyer Championship.

AND I AM ISSUING AN OPEN CHALLENGE

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Shard posted:

loving love that title. Reminded me of that rip off mortal kombat show where they had to collect the six coins to get the master title or whatever

didn't some promotion have a similar gimmick? I wanna say Lucha Underground

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Peanut President posted:

Yes gift of the gods lol

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shard posted:

WMAC Masters, aka cinematic matches.

Featuring the guy who was Liu Kang in MKII, and the guy who fought Liu Kang in the first and only good Mortal Kombat movie, and some other people who probably played Mortal Kombat as well.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Peanut President posted:

Lucha Underground had the Gift of the Gods championship which was a belt made of 7 medallions that could be won as prizes in certain matches and once all the medallions were handed out those 7 wrestlers would have a winner-take-all match for the actual championship. At that point it acts like a normal title that the champion has to defend and such, except they can also trade it in for a shot at the main Lucha Underground title.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

yes brother. you tell those whores

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

That DICK! posted:

yes brother. you tell those whores

I'm not a RAW HOE

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thanks to all the handwringers who fact checked which belts were regularly defended on aew

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

We just need the NWA Historic Brass Knuckles Championship (Charleston Version) (2)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Quantum of Phallus posted:

thanks to all the handwringers who fact checked which belts were regularly defended on aew

Those belts were defended about as often as your posts!!!!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They're fed bound

The handwringers? The belts? Figure it out

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Those belts were defended about as often as your posts!!!!!!

Shinjobi posted:

They're fed bound

The handwringers? The belts? Figure it out

lol

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
This bullshit company doesn't have enough belts. Meat Champion, Couples Tag Team, Best Mustache, don't stop until 3/4s of the roster is loaded down with hardware.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I 100% agree there should be a meat belt.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Just remembered they're adding a 2nd roh womens singles title

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

take it to ROH Hell

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AEW and ROH is the same thanks.
That'd be like having a WWE Hell and an NXT Hell thread

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NXT's full name is WWE NXT. Further trolling will not be tolerated and you will be reported to the moderation team.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ROH and AEW aren't even part of the same business entity.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
We've moved on.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
It's all part of the Khanoverse

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its such a goof, it sho uld eb called RUH ROH

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
ROH Hell should be all caps and sound like you're shouting

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

ROH Hell should be a bunch of kick rear end stip matches with Lucha talent that have devil/Demon gimmicks

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ROH Hell is Madison Square Garden April 6th 2019

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
roh hell should be mike mondo getting the roman push

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
lol, get hosed cash.

quote:

Orange County, Florida, prosecutors decided last week to pursue charges against AEW wrestler Cash Wheeler from his July 2023 arrest for aggravated assault with a firearm.

Wheeler (real name Daniel Wheeler) was arrested on July 27th, 2023, following what was described as a road rage incident in which he allegedly flashed a gun at another party. A warrant was filed for his arrest the next day and he pleaded not guilty on August 3rd, presenting himself for arrest on August 18th.

At that time, he was released on $2500 bond, ordered to turn in any weapons he owned, and to have no contact with the alleged victim(s).

Prosecutors decided to move forward on Thursday, February 1st with a hearing to take place on Tuesday, February 20th.

Florida law calls for a maximum penalty of five years in prison or five years probation, plus a $5000 fine -- all applicable for first-time offenders.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
rooting for the five years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

My sources say the death penalty is being considered for FTR Beard. I am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.