Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I only banned coco melon and Caillou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

lobster shirt posted:

paw patrol is also fine

get a load of this guy

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

kecske posted:

get a load of this guy

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

paw patrol is also fine

I simply haven't seen it, I have no desire to inquire it's politics or lack thereof. It is just my god given right to ban media from my children arbitrarily and I exercise it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

I simply haven't seen it, I have no desire to inquire it's politics or lack thereof. It is just my god given right to ban media from my children arbitrarily and I exercise it.

:hai:

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Elissimpark posted:

We had a bathtime a couple weeks back where the kids kept yelling "Dad, dad, dad..." while I was downstairs. I grandly came upstairs and demanded "who summons me?"

The 7yo was like "ooh, the god of big bellies!"

Ouch.

lol drat

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Glumwheels posted:

These people who said their kids developed x problem due to the pandemic are telling on themselves.

I had some kooky grandma tell me randomly in a coffee shop her grandson had speech problems due to the lockdown while my kids speak three languages. Whose fault is that lady?

lmfao wtf is wrong with you.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I only banned coco melon and Caillou.

Caillou was on and he asked, "Daddy, why do you have to go to work" and this guy, this motherfucker, says, "I like to work..."

I smashed the TV and screamed til I was horse. It took my poor son weeks to recover from that show.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

paw patrol normalizes private contractors and the military industrial complex handling basic functions of society

also: gently caress the police

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

its a cartoon about puppies who have jobs

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

really though my 4yo loves it, his favorite is the green one

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

in my day the trains had jobs and we liked it that way

and George Carlin was there for some reason

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Raising my kid right with the sonic where they're terrorists waging guerilla warfare on technofascists to reinstate a benevolent monarchy lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My daughter is really into Donkey Hodie these days

It's that PBS show about a character from Mr Rogers, no not that one, the other one

She has phases, half of which are Winnie the Pooh

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Proud of my hipster daughter

"Yeah, Daniel Tiger is a fine first entry into the Mr Rogers universe I guess, if you're a casual fan. I'm more into some of his more obscure work myself."

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mustached Demon posted:

paw patrol normalizes private contractors and the military industrial complex handling basic functions of society

all this AND the one we get here is localised into a spectrum of whimsical british accents

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My kids like when we watch cartoons and I poo poo all over the cartoon. Octonauts is great fodder.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Mustached Demon posted:

also: gently caress the police

Paw patrol has very mysterious and unexplained funding, though they don't seem to charge for their services

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
My kid can watch whatever the hell she wants as long as it's age appropriate

The gently caress do I care if she's into blippi and poo poo

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Paw Patrol normalizes having a job. I cannot abide that ideology under my watch.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Handyman Hal @ YouTube is a more "genuine" but slightly less technically polished blippy you should check him out too just feather the volume when he starts a chainsaw or whatever

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

Proud of my hipster daughter

"Yeah, Daniel Tiger is a fine first entry into the Mr Rogers universe I guess, if you're a casual fan. I'm more into some of his more obscure work myself."

Who loves footage of ancient factories, I love footage of ancient factories~

It's been a big farm week for toddler boy and infant girl. All the farming books got dug out for story time, the plastic barn set got played with for probably the last real time before it goes into the garage, the faery farm meekah episode was requested/rewatched, there was just a lot of farm. I've been dipping back into Liziqi pastoral farming videos. I like showing this lady to my infant girl to let her know that farming can be done by girls too and how she will be expected to treat gramma. The music is very soft, there's puppies, and I've played enough Harvest Moon to know what this lady is doing, so I get to narrate it to my baby without some voice from the screen contradicting me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi38cQMORQY

But this has opened a gateway in my youtube recommendations. Liziqi got out of the game 3 years ago, full on Virgil Texas style vacated the internet. But the world yearned for more dialog-less pastoral videos. I can vouch for Ly Thi Ca, I've skimmed about 3 of those videos and narrated some to both the kids. I highly recommend finding contemporary examples of what Mr Rogers used to do.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
it's all bluey all the time

she's starting to get into spiderman and I'm gonna miss bluey someday

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

this

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Mustached Demon posted:

really though my 4yo loves it, his favorite is the green one

thats rocky, who is also my son's favorite

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

very cool

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
My 17 month old really likes anything with animals right now. She likes making all the noises.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The good young kid show is blaze, the monster truck who solves problems with stem

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Chad Sexington posted:

in my day the trains had jobs and we liked it that way

and George Carlin was there for some reason

Thomas The Tank Engine is still alive and doing things in 2021. The kindle apps are my son's favorite thing right now. Watched a few episodes and it seems fine, good even. There's a chinese train, his name is Yung Bao and he's smug. He has a wikia lore page that is longer than Homestuck troll. There's also Nia, the train from Kenya. Her lorepage states that her favorite color is purple. The animation is 3D now, but the background is largely an abstract white void. When I grew up, it all took place on a felt table.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
thomas the tank engine is as alive as tupac

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

SirPablo posted:

My kids like when we watch cartoons and I poo poo all over the cartoon. Octonauts is great fodder.

Who's the more useless Octonaut: Shellington or Kwazii?

I like to imagine Barnacle telling Shellington to shut up ala Picard/Wesley.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
creature report

creature report

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

creature report

creature report

Def the better song. The one they replaced it with is garbage

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Elissimpark posted:

Who's the more useless Octonaut: Shellington or Kwazii?

I like to imagine Barnacle telling Shellington to shut up ala Picard/Wesley.

Kwazii is definitely a recovering alcoholic.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
My kid is into anime now and I was kinda dreading that but I gotta admit if the shows she watches were on when I was her age they would have been the best thing on Toonami.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Def the better song. The one they replaced it with is garbage

they fuckin changed it?

god dammit Joe Biden.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Sherbert Hoover posted:

My kid is into anime now and I was kinda dreading that but I gotta admit if the shows she watches were on when I was her age they would have been the best thing on Toonami.

I watched My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer with my daughter, good stuff. We go to cons now, which is a really fun bonding activity.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo_lCtg69Q8

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Sesame Street finally clicked for the kid so in addition to doing cookie and count voices all day, I get some rad songs occasionally. we did a bribe chart to get the wheels turning for choretype activities, and the reward she wants this time is a Rosita plush to round out her collection. turns out the only place to get it is on eBay and they are loving 70 bucks because it’s discontinued/out of stock due to a controversy I’ve never heard of before. fuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Sherbert Hoover posted:

glitter force on Netflix isn’t too bad . my daughter loved the series but only 2 series are dubbed.