Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Almost Smart posted:

So if they do succeed in impeaching Mayorkas for something really vague like “bad democrat no do job good” as opposed to, you know, actual high crimes and misdemeanors, does that lower the bar for impeachable offenses? Like, could a dem-controlled House use this precedent to impeach Clearance Thomas for his litany of sketchy bullshit?

Impeachments will probably become a matter of course that regularly die in the Senate going forward, yeah. Dems will probably reserve them for actionable offenses though because they're still bound by physical reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wait for cabinet members to be removed do they just need to be impeached or does there need to be a trial in the Senate?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Both the hero we need and deserve, thank you Red. :tipshat:

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

hahahah with a soundtrack and everything!!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Wait for cabinet members to be removed do they just need to be impeached or does there need to be a trial in the Senate?

Trial baby!!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hollismason posted:

Trial in the Senate. Yes, this entire process of impeaching Mayorkas is exactly that ridiculous and meaningless.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hollismason posted:

Trial in the Senate and even Manchin has said 'gently caress this bullshit' to it publicly so it doesn't have a chance in hell of being entertained.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

lmfao, Greene and Gaetz

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

They’re literally impeaching Mayorkas to distract the Paste-Eaters Caucus so they don’t impeach Biden. It’s like waving a shiny set of keys in front of a baby.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lmao please my balls can only go so far into space

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lol. They will pick some psychotic chud bootlick who will let the party get hosed by trump until it dies.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Three Olives posted:

No, I think the plan is to wreck the RNC so donations get directed to the Trump PAC so Trump can steal it.

100% Trump demanded the change because Niki Haley is still in the race and he wants someone who will force her to drop. Trump already out raised the RNC and you know he felt entitled to what they did have and that the party was inclined to give him everything he wanted.

Can't wait for RNC chair Devin Nunes, that'll be fun.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

They’re literally impeaching Mayorkas to distract the Paste-Eaters Caucus so they don’t impeach Biden. It’s like waving a shiny set of keys in front of a baby.

This must also be pissing off Trump to no end. He's made it pretty clear that he wants this to be as big of a deal as possible around election time, and the GOP firing every cannon at the issue immediately in a show of support is extremely counter-productive to that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

quote:

Mr. Trump is then likely to promote the chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party, Michael Whatley

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

reminds me of
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/890815543258865664

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

why does this pic look like it has some sort of filter or something on it?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol these people depend on clickfarms in Kenya to maintain a semblance of relevancy via social media numbers

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yes..good put the lunatics and grifters in charge of the money. In a election year.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the future of the GOP, selfhating men that have sex with men.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

the future of the GOP, selfhating men that have sex with men.

The future sounds a lot like the present and the past

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

PhazonLink posted:

why does this pic look like it has some sort of filter or something on it?

that just the noise from an extremely tight crop

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013

Hollismason posted:

Yes..good put the lunatics and grifters in charge of the money. In a election year.

I mean….aren’t they all lunatics and or grifters?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Gina Carano and Elon Musk are going to end up owning Disney. Brilliantly filed lawsuit sir.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Totbot posted:

No, you have some like McCarthy who was not really a lunatic but was just a old school Business good , no taxes, military Republican who was really good at raising money.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
there's timelines where Scott is hosting the RNC dinner and its all granola and vitamin pills

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

kazil posted:

Mr. Trump is then likely to promote the chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party, Michael Whatley

Dentist to the Stars?

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I love the idea the Dems are "hiding" people in the cloakroom or under a desk to throw off the numbers game Greene was playing with her friends.

"W-whaaaat? WHERE'D U COME FRUM??"

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I don’t really know anything about this guy but Rs have been doing extremely well in NC unfortunately

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Three Olives posted:

I love how in every photo taken at Mar-a-lago that I have ever seen the women are dressed like a stripper on a date with an 80 year man that is taking her out to a nice restaurant.

https://twitter.com/BlazeTV/status/1754920025050513694

heavy is the head that wears the catturd

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barometer posted:

I love the idea the Dems are "hiding" people in the cloakroom or under a desk to throw off the numbers game Greene was playing with her friends.

"W-whaaaat? WHERE'D U COME FRUM??"

PEEKABOO MOTHERFUCKER!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Do not threaten me with a good time, GOP :dudsmile:

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

they admitted as such, yes

edit: me am forget refresh? unpossible!

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 7, 2024

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Turning the RNC into a giant money funnel into Trump Org which is going to bleed money to pay legal bills and mounting fines etc.. seems like a real good solution for the fall.

Trumps way more concerned about covering his debts and siphoning cash. Like he knows he has to spend money for a presidential campaign but will they?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

You can tell when it’s not a staffer writing his poo poo

loving :lol:

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

that just the noise from an extremely tight crop

looks like his collar was cropped extremely tight before the button popped

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I just had the most fantastically awful idea from out of this demented musician's mind and I think you could create a comedy band with lyrics based off of Trump posts

edit: I realized about 4 seconds after posting this that Anal Trump already made that album and I own it on vinyl.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 7, 2024

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Totbot posted:

Yeah, but it’s to varying degrees. Like you can have a functional lunatic grifter business type of person , or you can have a feral hyena on meth.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I realize there's this undercurrent feeling of the Republicans being some kind of amazing puppetmaster 5d chess players, but I just gotta quash that: This is some seat-of-the-pants, entirely ratings-dependent bullshit and lmfao @ politics forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Wish.com Brendan Fraser