Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Hollismason posted:

Trumps way more concerned about covering his debts and siphoning cash. Like he knows he has to spend money for a presidential campaign but will they?

You are forgetting about his investment of his brand, he has to be compensated for that contribution to the GOP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mark Meadows really let himself go.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Good god, imagine a total collapse of the GOP this year! Elections lost in Red States, total obliteration of party infrastructure and networks, and all because Trump grifted the entire apparatus until there was nothing left. No way to recover in time for 2028. Sure would be nice!

Anyways… today a coworker told me a friend of hers knows a couple who are voting for Trump for the first time this year because he sent out checks in 2020! :shepface:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Almost Smart posted:

So if they do succeed in impeaching Mayorkas for something really vague like “bad democrat no do job good” as opposed to, you know, actual high crimes and misdemeanors, does that lower the bar for impeachable offenses? Like, could a dem-controlled House use this precedent to impeach Clearance Thomas for his litany of sketchy bullshit?

Whether or not it does, it doesn't matter, because an impeachment doesn't mean anything if the Senate doesn't convict. And you'll never get 66 Senators to agree on any conviction.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Where could I find a list of all the meaningful things the republican house has accomplished (lol)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Good god, imagine a total collapse of the GOP this year! Elections lost in Red States, total obliteration of party infrastructure and networks, and all because Trump grifted the entire apparatus until there was nothing left. No way to recover in time for 2028. Sure would be nice!

Anyways… today a coworker told me a friend of hers knows a couple who are voting for Trump for the first time this year because he sent out checks in 2020! :shepface:

Yeah its going to be great. Trump is going to start grifting cash directly from the RNC and gently caress over all the down ticket people. Then the RNC goes broke without being able to support any of the newer people. Small Donations are basically gone. Sure they'll have some billionaire backers probably but Trump is going to just siphon off a tremendous amount.

Its . Going. To . Be . Great!

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Where could I find a list of all the meaningful things the republican house has accomplished (lol)

https://legiscan.com/US/legislation/2023?chamber=house&status=passed

here is everything they have passed in 2023-24

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 7, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

In the TOILET!

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

That friend is lying and has voted R down ballot since before 2016.

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Then Dongle J Trongle said, “Let us make the RNC in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish delites of the sea and over the birds of the heavens to keep them safe from windmills and over the livestock that we make into hamberders and over all the earth and over every creepy thing that creeps on the earth.”

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

ah, thank you

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

oh thank god they're finally getting around to the 1988 pan am bombing.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Has Marge Greene been a bit more feisty than usual?
Is it this impeachment vote, or something else?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So why would you need a wall?

:thunk:

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Let me just make sure aaaand...

yep, we're good.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Now make the hotdog fall into the MTG stadium vendor sign

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Let me just make sure aaaand...

yep, we're good.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

How effective has Ronna McDonna's tenure been anyway? Even if you replace her with clown shoes, her guiding principle has been sucking up to Trump anyway till now.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Hollismason posted:

Yeah its going to be great. Trump is going to start grifting cash directly from the RNC and gently caress over all the down ticket people. Then the RNC goes broke without being able to support any of the newer people. Small Donations are basically gone. Sure they'll have some billionaire backers probably but Trump is going to just siphon off a tremendous amount.

Its . Going. To . Be . Great!

I've mentioned this before but I am going to say it again, the Trump Jet is going to come up as a major factor in the financial story of the race. Trump 100% views it as a major part of his "image", but it is extremely expensive to operate, limited into flying into costly airports and doesn't have the capacity to shuttle campaign staff. Under normal circumstances staff and the candidate would share one plane but Trump campaigning on his 757 means, like 2016 he is going to have to pay to charter two planes everywhere.

Between his massive legal fees, his dumpster fire of a fundraising apparatus and all the money he is going to siphon off in renting poo poo to his own campaign, money is going to be extremely tight and it is likely not an expense they can really afford, but Trump is going to insist on it.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Bye

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Poor Ronna McDaniel. Thought about Doland Turmp being her friend and died.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

lol if you search Ronna it’s wall to wall Scott

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Didn't Ronna screw up and say something less than worshipful about Trumpy-wumpy a time or two? If so, clearly unforgivable.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

mike lindell plz

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Put Pillow Mike in charge.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Lindell! Lindell!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/HouseInSession/status/1755020464072572996?s=20

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

kw0134 posted:

How effective has Ronna McDonna's tenure been anyway? Even if you replace her with clown shoes, her guiding principle has been sucking up to Trump anyway till now.

GOP is all about sacrificing their own for little to no reason

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I'm pretty sure Crenshaw blew his cred by defending Jordan last year about trying to overturn 2020 while simultaneously blaming Trump. Rs have zero direction and messaging.

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1754999958581735714

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
God pressler is such a loving dork

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

WHY BONER NOW posted:

ah, thank you

by comparison, the 2021-2022 session had twice as much passed in the same time. sure its filler, rename this post office stuff, but the current gop is having trouble with that.

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich

kw0134 posted:

She was at least slowing down the RNC paying Trump's legal defenses and reserving money for down ticket. She also wasn't trying to run their ground game all-volunteer.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

:chanpop: :chaostrump: :doit:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
scott pressler will die like he lived: in the back of his buick century with zero accomplishments in life

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kw0134 posted:

This is totally fair in that she has presided over some of the GOP’s worst elections, but… look at what she’s had to work with!

Who knows how bad poo poo will get for the GOP without her keeping a lid on some of the party’s worst impulses.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Like, look at this poo poo!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mr. Nice! posted:

The average president has been indicted for two felonies!
Grover Cleveland being indicted for 4 felonies, :sad:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Spindle posted:

She was at least slowing down the RNC paying Trump's legal defenses and reserving money for down ticket. She also wasn't trying to run their ground game all-volunteer.

Its going to be great! Trump has demonstrated multiple times that he is totally incompetent at running anything. He's going to run the RNC into the loving ground like all his other businesses.

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich
She was doing the mid-Trump admin play of kissing his rear end in public while waiting for him to get distracted or blaming dems for "making" them do the practical thing. But there's only so much you can do when everybody is stealing from the till and demanding star treatment. $250,000 on limos last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

"Why did this guy we hosed over gently caress us over? Disloyal filth!"