Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Spindle posted:

$250,000 on limos last year.

This for real? :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dementropy posted:

I'm pretty sure Crenshaw blew his cred by defending Jordan last year about trying to overturn 2020 while simultaneously blaming Trump. Rs have zero direction and messaging.

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1754999958581735714

I still think the whiny snl appearance made Crenshaw look like such a diaper assed baby, it makes no sense to me how he still has his position

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Dementropy posted:

I'm pretty sure Crenshaw blew his cred by defending Jordan last year about trying to overturn 2020 while simultaneously blaming Trump. Rs have zero direction and messaging.

Man speaks the true tho

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Dementropy posted:

Crenshaw must have a tan line from that patch, right? do you think he meticulously lines the strap up with the tan line every morning in order to hide the tan line?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Dems dropping the excuse me sweatys here

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Love this woman

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This for real? :lol:

$256,635 on limos, and ~$70,000 on floral arrangements

Spindle fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 7, 2024

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Lol "there enlies."

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Lol "there enlies."

THIS IS MURICA IF SHE AINT SPEAK ENGLISH SHE CAN GIT OUT

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:roflolmao:

Please Trump, please do what you do best to the Republican Party (and not the entire country) :pray:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Did the GOP used to be populated with people this breathtakingly stupid?

Between boebert, Greene, Santos, gaetz, Hawthorne, ah gently caress it you get the point

Remember when George W was seen as a silly dimwit?

Edit: lol I mean cawthorne but Brett Hawthorne is invading my thoughts

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 7, 2024

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I will never forget the time MTG’s fellow howler monkey Lauren Boebert stood up in front of her constituents and said “ina-leen-able”

Someone in the crowd shouted “It’s ‘inalienable’!” and she goes “no, it’s ‘ina-leen-able’”

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

It's really disheartening how stupid they are too. It seems like they're sending their best, and goddamn, Democrats ought to be able to defeat these Mel Brooks henchmen a little more easily.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1755038630567936435

lol the guest introduction at the end

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The guatemalan prison shots lol

"What kind of benefits does Biden enjoy with these cartels?"

"We don't know. There are none. But let's talk to this tatted up dude."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

The permission form is asking parents if they want their kids to participate in:
“…class and school wide presentations showcasing the achievements and recognizing the rich and diverse traditions, histories, and innumerable contributions of the Black communities.”
Miami-Dade School Board Member Steve Gallon said it all has to do with getting parental consent when individuals come on campus.
“This is a policy that’s an extension of a new state board rule,” said Gallon.
It’s a policy that was just enacted last year in November, an extension of the Parental Bill Of Rights.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Total Party Kill posted:

Crenshaw must have a tan line from that patch, right? do you think he meticulously lines the strap up with the tan line every morning in order to hide the tan line?

An anonymous source at his local tanning salon informed me that only does he take off the eyepatch, but he opens the empty socket while tanning and tans the inside of his head

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Scumbag rear end bullshit

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Nice to see an update on thread favorites Wohl and Burkman.

https://twitter.com/SeamusHughes/status/1754671978558996586

Though I don't how the gently caress they arent being charged with kidnapping or something else.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Between boebert, Greene, Santos, gaetz, Hawthorne, ah gently caress it you get the point

I’m keep trying to concisely answer this and it keeps turning into a sprawling history lesson, so…

There used to be smarter Republicans. They’ve effectively been purged. The idiots, racists, and rubes purging them out used to be a key constituency of the Democratic Party until the Democratic Party kind of kicked them out. The Republican smarts who thought they could take in the rubes and racists have been hoisted by their own petard, and it’s funny because they’re terrible people as well.

George HW Bush was a Connecticut blue blood.
George W Bush was his gently caress up son who established himself by pandering to Texans.
As dumb as he is, and as much as he played the role of the Dumb Southerner, he’s got nothing on the real thing.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bugsy posted:

Though I don't how the gently caress they arent being charged with kidnapping or something else.

:psyduck:

What the gently caress was their play, here?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bugsy posted:

Jacob Wohl, if you're reading this, you are a lovely loving waste of cum

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

here's the clip of greene saying indickable.. didn't see it posted here

https://twitter.com/BobMarsdale/status/1753235566169067600

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Bugsy posted:

They didn't even do the Chris Hansen thing right. You're supposed to say the girl is underage so the guy you nail is actually a pedo you morons.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Sockser posted:

:psyduck:

What the gently caress was their play, here?

I really hope these idiots gently caress with the wrong psycho at some point

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Bugsy posted:

genuinely unable to tell if "project 1599" is intentionally similar to 1488 or if my brain is starting to suffer the long-term effects of chud poisoning

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bugsy posted:

There absolutely has to be some reason that Jacob wohl has not been put in a hole under the jail, he has to have blackmail on the king of the illuminati or something

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Yes, but they used to have (and value) experience. Throughout the 20th Century the Conservatives traditionally relied on their ability to get in office and stay there to keep ahead of Liberals/Leftists. A Conservative that makes it into office could remain there for a long time, as long as they fight against progressive legislation. Progressives, meanwhile, tended to lose re-election more often as their voters would get frustrated over one thing or another and yield ground. This meant that relatively junior Progressive Senators in particular were locked out of influential committee seats, as old Conservatives held them through seniority and learned out to use their power effectively in the process.

Those Conservatives were stone stupid, but their leaders knew how the Senate worked and how to run circles around the Left, at least until LBJ outmaneuvered them. Conservatives today don't understand how anything works, and don't value the experience of those who do. McConnell used to be able to rely on the stupid hordes to follow orders and wait, like Sen. Richard Russell did during the Civil Rights fights under Truman and Ike. Now conservatives demand immediate gratification and chaos. Unfortunately, they've retained their ability to vote reliably, so they're not going anywhere.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

kw0134 posted:

How effective has Ronna McDonna's tenure been anyway? Even if you replace her with clown shoes, her guiding principle has been sucking up to Trump anyway till now.

She abandoned the name of her father to bend the knee to someone she considers a clown for personal power. She's a model Republican imo, and lib science terms like "effectiveness" are frowned upon in those circles.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you think Greene can indict a ham sandwich?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

PhazonLink posted:

you think Greene can indict a ham sandwich?

She probably could indick a salami.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

(timely again, if mis-labelled)

Hollismason posted:

Yes..good put the lunatics and grifters in charge of the money. In a election year.

Oh god make him pick Skeletor.

You can thank Newt Gingrich, Dennis Hastert, and the exterminator from Texas, Tom Delay for that. Starting with the 'Contract With America" bullshit they purged every rational Republican from Congress starting in 1994, replacing them with brainless yes-bots. Freaked us out for quite awhile, because there were some (incredibly heinous) adults in charge, and the voting in lock-step was fairly productive.

Now we see the end-game: The adults have all died, and the kids are running the island.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

PainterofCrap posted:

You can thank Newt Gingrich, Dennis Hastert, and the exterminator from Texas, Tom Delay for that. Starting with the 'Contract With America" bullshit they purged every rational Republican from Congress starting in 1994, replacing them with brainless yes-bots. Freaked us out for quite awhile, because there were some (incredibly heinous) adults in charge, and the voting in lock-step was fairly productive.

Now we see the end-game: The adults have all died, and the kids are running the island.

Oh. Yeah that makes sense. DeLay was also responsible for Gerrymandering Texas.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I miss Jacob Wohl, his suburb driveway with a podium presser where he had that security guard with the one airpod that kept touching it like he was James Bond. He had that marine on who (allegedly) had sex with Elizabeth Warren come up and talk to a driveway full of guys who were there just to laugh at him, then he started laughing at how ridiculous it all was too and walked off.

Then Jacob Wohl came up and tried to do his "harrowing stuff" schtick to a bunch of people there to laugh at him, and they kept laughing at him.

That was the best. I know he's a piece of poo poo but goddamn he's funny. I'd hate him more if he could actually pull off any of the grand schemes he attempted but the guy is like a comedy movie. Like Reichstag Seinfeld.

Like just watch this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZo7xYspCBU

The fake marine nails it too, you only need to watch a couple minutes to get the gist.

Anyway yeah gently caress Jacob Wohl but lol

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
fresh off his meeting with Putin, Tucker Carlson will be named party chair of the RNC

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

PainterofCrap posted:

Thanks for a coherent response (and Grammarchist and Rod Hoofhearted too).

I remember after Trump got elected being shell-shocked about how this could happen, because at the time I only really followed big social politics and the biggest issues in global stuff. Someone clued me in on Gingrich especially laying the groundwork for the age of truly hateful stupidity within an already hateful party beginning in the 90s. That, followed by starting to follow threads on here because I didn't know where else to learn this stuff, was the point where I lost what was left of my naivete.

Since then I've never once felt like things were going to be OK again in this country.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
my favorite jacob wohl moment was when they held their driveway press conference on garbage day and got interrupted by a truck coming down the street

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

vaginite posted:

I miss Jacob Wohl, his suburb driveway with a podium presser where he had that security guard with the one airpod that kept touching it like he was James Bond. He had that marine on who (allegedly) had sex with Elizabeth Warren come up and talk to a driveway full of guys who were there just to laugh at him, then he started laughing at how ridiculous it all was too and walked off.

Then Jacob Wohl came up and tried to do his "harrowing stuff" schtick to a bunch of people there to laugh at him, and they kept laughing at him.

That was the best. I know he's a piece of poo poo but goddamn he's funny. I'd hate him more if he could actually pull off any of the grand schemes he attempted but the guy is like a comedy movie. Like Reichstag Seinfeld.

Like just watch this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZo7xYspCBU

The fake marine nails it too, you only need to watch a couple minutes to get the gist.

Anyway yeah gently caress Jacob Wohl but lol
If he wasn't a legitimate piece of poo poo, those press conferences would have been Andy Kaufman tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Stink Billyums posted:

my favorite jacob wohl moment was when they held their driveway press conference on garbage day and got interrupted by a truck coming down the street

Every day Jacob Wolh does something is garbage day.