Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
I used to really enjoy the manga and then the scanlations stopped so yeah the anime has been nice so far. However I still can't tell if I want to the prince to get strangled or be loved, he is a jerk.

Speaking of isekai shojo, I've really been enjoying Level 99 Villainess, fun MC and a funny bait and switch first episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

January 6 Survivor posted:

I used to really enjoy the manga and then the scanlations stopped so yeah the anime has been nice so far. However I still can't tell if I want to the prince to get strangled or be loved, he is a jerk.

Speaking of isekai shojo, I've really been enjoying Level 99 Villainess, fun MC and a funny bait and switch first episode

I literally just started watching that earlier today. It’s also good fun. Even knowing the premise I still went and double checked that I was actually watching the right show when the OP hit. It’s well done

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I only recently got into anime but it's extremely funny that browsing through crunchyroll returns several different "i'm the villaness" animes most of which involve a time loop.

so far I have watched two

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Turn A is so goddamn good. i love how latter-day tomino was like "i'm making cartoons... i gotta remind the kids that this is just cartoons... there has got to be some slapstick & levity" but in Turn A that means that the show isn't in full crisis in every episode, so it has time to show you how the characters live and interact when they're not fighting to the death. there is something poignant about seeing them bumble their way towards industrialized warfare and the formation of the modern nation-state...

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Zodar posted:

Turn A is so goddamn good.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

The Oldest Man posted:

i heard people were talking about gundam without mentioning that turn a is the best one

where does turn a lie in continuity

im trying to figure out when to watch it, currently going thru zeta

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

MLKQUOTEMACHINE posted:

*points over THERE”

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Turn A is the final canonical Gundam show, for every gundam, even the ones that aired after it

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

TenementFunster posted:

*points over THERE”

This seems like a joke but it's not

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

TenementFunster posted:

*points over THERE”

Coxswain Balls posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

MLKQUOTEMACHINE posted:

im trying to figure out when to watch it, currently going thru zeta

You should watch it right now, because it's set at the very end of the UC era, long after Reconquista in G. So the past doesn't matter, only its relics. Turn A is set so far in the future that it's only semi-canonical, because you can fit so much crap in the timeline between it and the One Year War that continuity doesn't matter. If you've seen any of the One Year War gundams like the original or the OVAs, you're good to go already.

It's the closest thing Gundam has to its own Book of the New Sun.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 00:48 on Feb 7, 2024

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

gotcha, i'll check it out after i get through the UC stuff

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Coxswain Balls posted:

*points even further*

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
but honestly the answer to this question is always “watch them in release order”

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
thats the Right way to do it but pretty much nobody has the juice to just burn through everything. so imo consume 0079 whichever way you want to, then decide whether to keep going with uc or just start picking what seems fun

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Magical girls are kind of like gundams, which is what Nanoha taught me

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
telling someone to start precure at the beginning or you'll miss all the thematic callbacks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Kit Walker posted:

Magical girls are kind of like gundams, which is what Nanoha taught me

please tell me you've seen Symphogear

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
yeah i’m not telling anyone to sit through all of the 0079 TV series or ZZ, but everything you do wanna watch the release order is the way to go

start with the original trilogy and let it ride

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
You can watch Unicorn first, it's fine.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
0079 -> G -> Wing

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
[squeaky gay little gundam fan voice] no..nooo!!!!!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Gripweed posted:

I haven’t, but I’ll check it out if it’s good

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm telling people to watch all of ZZ. Objectively the most underrated Gundam series.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

what would be the most cursed gundamn watch order be?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Scarabrae posted:

my childhood saw me watching most of g gundam while my dad died in hospice

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Scarabrae posted:

start with Gundam Age, but break it up by watching a season of Igloo between the timeskips.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Benagain posted:

I only recently got into anime but it's extremely funny that browsing through crunchyroll returns several different "i'm the villaness" animes most of which involve a time loop.

so far I have watched two

It's a relatively recent trend tbqh, like you know how since Sword Art Online about 10 years ago there's been a steady growth in the number of isekai shows per season? Well "My Next Life as a Villainess : all routes lead to doom" in a way started the trend of otome game isekai and I've read more than I should admit. Can't exactly say why though... I guess because on average it's more character focused (even though the characters are often paper thin) than "male appeal" isekai that mostly aims to tell the story of how a worthless shithead loser is actually a massive badass in the new world and get 5 elven maiden to attend his every need because he has a cheat skill?

I don't know really.

Oh it can also be because girls with drill hair that go "hohoho" are cool

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Santa-chan

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

gimme the presents old saint weeb and they better not be weird

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Buck Wildman posted:

gimme the presents old saint weeb and they better not be weird

Ara ara

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gripweed posted:

You can watch Unicorn first, it's fine.

gently caress you!!!!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

January 6 Survivor posted:

It's a relatively recent trend tbqh, like you know how since Sword Art Online about 10 years ago there's been a steady growth in the number of isekai shows per season? Well "My Next Life as a Villainess : all routes lead to doom" in a way started the trend of otome game isekai and I've read more than I should admit. Can't exactly say why though... I guess because on average it's more character focused (even though the characters are often paper thin) than "male appeal" isekai that mostly aims to tell the story of how a worthless shithead loser is actually a massive badass in the new world and get 5 elven maiden to attend his every need because he has a cheat skill?

I don't know really.

Oh it can also be because girls with drill hair that go "hohoho" are cool

Girl fantasy is making new friends and forging meaningful relationships with new and strange people.

Boy fantasy is killing new and strange people to buy slaves.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm telling people to watch all of ZZ. Objectively the most underrated Gundam series.

i watched like 12 eps so far and it's cool, poor rose guy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Honest Thief posted:

i watched like 12 eps so far and it's cool, poor rose guy

the refocus on the individual, mundane realities of poverty in space is the coolest thing about ZZ

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Scarabrae posted:

Whatever Toonami I actually did IRL

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Girl fantasy is making new friends and forging meaningful relationships with new and strange people.

Does that mean non-binary fantasy is killing new people so you can forge strange and meaningful relationships with their slaves?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

nanoha teaches the correct course, which is becoming friends with new and strange people through superior firepower

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Gripweed posted:

It's bullshit it hasn't shown up in srw yet alongside macross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kit Walker posted:

I haven’t, but I’ll check it out if it’s good

Symphogear is indeed good. It's the magical girl show for mecha fans and the mecha show for magical girl fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw2KfRPbnh8