Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
if you two can't stop fighting I swear I will turn this genocide around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

i gotta say im genuinely shocked they drew a hard line in the sand clearly in english like this, im amazed and if this is true and they stick to it its a really great diplomatic pressure theyre placing on the US. the total withdrawal from gaza part is also really incredible that they put in there for good measure.

thanks for meeting the absolute bare minimum guys

also, this means that Hamas has successfully achieved one of their major geo-strategic goals of the war in the first place, to scuttle any chance of saudi-israel normalization until thr palestinians get their rights.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 04:52 on Feb 7, 2024

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

i gotta say im genuinely shocked they drew a hard line in the sand clearly in english like this, im amazed and if this is true and they stick to it its a really great diplomatic pressure theyre placing on the US. the total withdrawal from gaza part is also really incredible that they put in there for good measure.

yeah I wonder what happened

sucks that the bare minimum feels like some goddamn miracle

I wonder if this will put pressure on the other collaborators?

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Al-Saqr posted:

also, this means that Hamas has successfully achieved one of their major geo-strategic goals of the war in the first place, to scuttle any chance of saudi-israel normalization until thr palestinians get their rights.

shahid bolsen redemption

edit:

https://twitter.com/Neolibtears/status/1755008158316036605
these old ladies are using that good ol fashioned naggy persistence - more of them should step up - you can't cancel an old lady

edit 2: holy crap I'm laughing this is so good - "our bridges are crumbling - san francisco has so many problems - we need the money at home"

classic you don't call you don't write tactics

carcinofuck has issued a correction as of 05:10 on Feb 7, 2024

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Poppers posted:

La Likud Le Lo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Israel is going to collapse into a state of civil war if this goes through.

I can vibe with this.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

carcinofuck posted:

shahid bolsen redemption

edit:

these old ladies are using that good ol fashioned naggy persistence - more of them should step up - you can't cancel an old lady

edit 2: holy crap I'm laughing this is so good - "our bridges are crumbling - san francisco has so many problems - we need the money at home"

not even the botox can hide the discomfort, you love to see it

her little shoo shoo gestures lol what an awful awful world these shitheads must inhabit

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sleekly posted:

not even the botox can hide the discomfort, you love to see it

her little shoo shoo gestures lol what an awful awful world these shitheads must inhabit

Nancy is a dumb bitch I hate her

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

carcinofuck posted:

shahid bolsen redemption

edit:

girl look shook

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CheetoVonTito posted:

The $17 billion bill to Israel failed. But let's remember that most of the Democrats who voted against it are actually in FAVOR of sending $ to Israel, they just want it packaged with Ukraine $. So the bill might still pass because everyone in the senate are fascist genocidal maniacs

Pretty much yeah, minus the one Palestinian American woman in congress.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Not gonna lie guys, I know it might be a lie but the statement put out by Saudi today has really lifted my spirits a little and is probably a nuclear bomb in terms of diplomatic pressure on the U.S. and Israel. given the incredibly low standards I have for arab countries they did very good. this was the absolute right move to do at this moment to make it clear 100% that there's no games to be had, and the fact that they're demanding total withdrawal from gaza too is a really good cherry on top. they drew a hard line in the sand, no recognition without a full 1967 independent palestine, full stop. this means no settlers on west bank, no troops in Gaza, period. this more than anything else is the best help Hamas can ask for from these losers other than military action.

Thank you to my dogshit country, you will now be temporarily placed into hamster poo poo territory on a probationary basis. for now.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Screeching Emirati Noises

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Fizzil posted:

Screeching Emirati Noises

*MBZ looking up and wiping his mouth*

"Youze tellin me I sucked all this dick for nothin?!"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/mrbarnicoat/status/1754931225351880953?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Responsible parents strap their children into the Ludovico device and force them to watch a marathon of Holocaust movies.

I don't know if its funnier to imagine they ran out of ammo after 3 attacks (most likely) or if the onboard systems simply started to break down that fast.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
if the saudi govt is putting that forward lol americas done for in the middle east forever

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Not gonna lie guys, I know it might be a lie but the statement put out by Saudi today has really lifted my spirits a little and is probably a nuclear bomb in terms of diplomatic pressure on the U.S. and Israel. given the incredibly low standards I have for arab countries they did very good. this was the absolute right move to do at this moment to make it clear 100% that there's no games to be had, and the fact that they're demanding total withdrawal from gaza too is a really good cherry on top. they drew a hard line in the sand, no recognition without a full 1967 independent palestine, full stop. this means no settlers on west bank, no troops in Gaza, period. this more than anything else is the best help Hamas can ask for from these losers other than military action.

Thank you to my dogshit country, you will now be temporarily placed into hamster poo poo territory on a probationary basis. for now.

It is a good statement but given the history of a lot of statements during this war I'll wait to see what actually comes of it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstnameLastname posted:

if the saudi govt is putting that forward lol americas done for in the middle east forever

Good, America no longer being in the middle east would be one of the best things to happen for world peace.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

*MBZ looking up and wiping his mouth*

"Youze tellin me I sucked all this dick for nothin?!"

A lot of modern geopolitics in a nutshell. No pun intended.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Get the gently caress out of there England, you already had a Suez Crisis.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

carcinofuck posted:

shahid bolsen redemption

edit:

goddamn I hate Pelosi so much
Fake rear end bitch

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Al-Saqr posted:

It's something,
Is there pressure from the people, you think? poo poo like this happens when they get scared of protests and unrest.
Either way, I'm grateful

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

MadSparkle posted:

It's something,
Is there pressure from the people, you think? poo poo like this happens when they get scared of protests and unrest.
Either way, I'm grateful

even if there aren’t any demonstrations the anger in the streets is palpable. traditionally the Saudis are willing to arrest and torture every member of somebody’s family to prevent any dissent, but we’re getting to “I don’t care if the government wipes out my whole clan” levels of rage. if the government had agreed to normalization on Israel & the US’s terms it would be the end of the kingdom.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

carcinofuck posted:

ahahaha she got loving pissed lol

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
As Arab governments realize they've got a potential Arab Spring boiling underneath their feet in the coming years if they continue maintaining friendly relations with Israel, I think (I hope) that we'll see more and more of them placing conditions on their support for Israel (or preferrebly, terminating it entirely), and Israel is only worsening the situation for itself by flinging poo poo at everyone around it. The real knockout punch would be a breakdown of relations with Egypt, which are going to be placed under serious strain if Israel refuses to back down from its stated intent to push into Rafah and occupy the Philadelphi Route.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

MadSparkle posted:

It's something,
Either way, I'm grateful

the west looks weak and evil, they're not trying to appeal to an entity that can't protect them from the anger it creates

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

FirstnameLastname posted:

the west looks weak and evil, they're not trying to appeal to an entity that can't protect them from the anger it creates

There's nothing the US could do to protect them even at the height of our power a few decades ago. It would mean basing American forces in Saudi Arabia, and doing that just to do Desert Storm directly inspired Osama bin Laden to put the United States at the top of his shitlist. The consequences of western dependency are difficult enough already.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
does anyone have the pic of the cat from the Animal Friends shelter with "tie me to a missile" please

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The full response of Hamas to the proposal has been published:-

============================================

The literal text of the response that the Hamas movement delivered to the Qatari and Egyptian mediators to the “Framework Agreement” paper that was presented to it after the Paris meeting. The American and Israeli sides received a copy of Hamas’ response, which consists of 3 pages, including amendments to the “Framework Agreement” paper. » In addition to a special annex to the guarantees and demands aimed at stopping the aggression and eliminating its effects: a draft - an initial response/the Hamas movement’s response to a general framework for a comprehensive agreement between the parties (between the Israeli occupation, Hamas, and the Palestinian factions)

1️⃣ The first stage (45 days):

This humanitarian phase aims to release all Israeli detainees, women and children (under the age of 19, not conscripts), the elderly and the sick, in exchange for a specific number of Palestinian prisoners, in addition to intensifying humanitarian aid, repositioning forces outside populated areas, and allowing the start of reconstruction work. Hospitals, homes and facilities in all areas of the Gaza Strip, and allowing the United Nations and its agencies to provide humanitarian services and establish shelter camps for the population, according to the following:
- A temporary cessation of military operations, a cessation of aerial reconnaissance, and a repositioning of Israeli forces far outside the populated areas in the entire Gaza Strip, to be along the dividing line, in order to enable the parties to complete the exchange of detainees and prisoners.
The two parties will release Israeli detainees, women and children (under the age of 19, not conscripts), the elderly, and the sick, in exchange for a number of Palestinian prisoners, provided that this is done in a way that ensures the release during this stage of all persons whose names are included in the previously agreed upon lists.
- Intensifying the introduction of quantities necessary and sufficient to meet the needs of the population (to be determined) of humanitarian aid, fuel, and the like, on a daily basis, as well as allowing the arrival of appropriate quantities of humanitarian aid to all areas in the Gaza Strip, including the north of the Strip, and the return of the displaced to their places of residence in all areas. sector
- Reconstructing hospitals in all the sectors, introducing what is necessary to establish population camps/tents to house the population, and resuming all humanitarian services provided to the population by the United Nations and its agencies.
- Starting (indirect) discussions regarding the requirements necessary to restore complete calm.**
- The attached appendix detailing the details of the first phase is an integral part of this agreement, provided that the details of the second and third phases will be agreed upon during the implementation of the first phase.

2️⃣ The second stage (45 days):

The (indirect) discussions on the requirements necessary to continue the cessation of mutual military operations and return to a state of complete calm must be completed and announced before implementing the second phase. This phase aims to release all male detainees (civilians and conscripts), in exchange for specific numbers of Palestinian prisoners, The continuation of the humanitarian measures for the first phase, the withdrawal of Israeli forces outside the borders of all areas of the Gaza Strip, and the start of comprehensive reconstruction work for the homes, facilities and infrastructure that were destroyed in all areas of the Gaza Strip, according to specific mechanisms that guarantee the implementation of this and the complete end of the siege on the Gaza Strip in accordance with what will be agreed upon. It is in the first stage.

3️⃣ The third stage (45 days)

This stage aims to exchange the bodies and remains of the dead between the two sides after arriving and identifying them, and to continue the humanitarian measures for the first and second stages, in accordance with what will be agreed upon in the first and second stages.

📌 **Framework Agreement Appendix: Details of the first phase
- Complete cessation of military operations on both sides, and cessation of all forms of air activity, including reconnaissance, for the duration of this phase.**
- Repositioning Israeli forces far outside the populated areas throughout the Gaza Strip, to be along the dividing line to the east and north, in order to enable the parties to complete the exchange of detainees and prisoners.
The two parties will release Israeli detainees, including women, children (under the age of 19, not conscripts), the elderly, and the sick, in exchange for all prisoners in the occupation prisons, including women, children, the elderly (over 50 years of age), and the sick, who have been arrested until the date of signing this agreement, without exception. In addition to 1,500 Palestinian prisoners, Hamas names 500 of them to receive life sentences and high sentences.
Completing the necessary legal procedures to ensure that Palestinian and Arab prisoners are not re-arrested on the same charge for which they were arrested
Mutual and simultaneous release takes place in a way that ensures the release during this stage of all persons whose names are included in the previously agreed upon lists, and names and lists are exchanged before implementation.

- Improving the conditions of prisoners in the occupation prisons and lifting the measures and penalties that were taken after 10/7/2023.

- Stopping the incursions and aggression of Israeli settlers against Al-Aqsa Mosque and returning conditions in Al-Aqsa Mosque to what they were before 2002.

- Intensifying the entry of quantities necessary and sufficient for the needs of the population (not less than 500 trucks) of humanitarian aid, fuel and the like, on a daily basis, as well as allowing the arrival of appropriate quantities of humanitarian aid to all areas of the Gaza Strip, especially the north of the Gaza Strip.

- The return of the displaced to their places of residence in all areas of the Gaza Strip, and ensuring the freedom of movement of residents and citizens by all means of transportation and not impeding it in all areas of the Gaza Strip, especially from south to north.

- Ensuring the opening of all crossings with the Gaza Strip, the return of trade, and allowing the free movement of people and goods without obstacles.

- Lifting any Israeli restrictions on the movement of passengers, the sick and the wounded through the Rafah crossing.

- Ensuring that all wounded men, women and children can go abroad for treatment without restrictions.

- Egypt and Qatar will lead the efforts with all necessary parties to manage and supervise ensuring, achieving and completing the following issues:

1- Providing and introducing sufficient heavy equipment necessary to remove rubble and debris.
2- Providing civil defense equipment and the requirements of the Ministry of Health.
3- The process of rebuilding hospitals and bakeries in all of the sector and introducing what is necessary to establish population camps/tents to shelter the population.
4- Entering at least 60,000 temporary homes (caravans/containers), so that every week from the entry into force of this phase, 15,000 homes will enter the Gaza Strip, in addition to 200,000 shelter tents, at a rate of 50,000 tents each week, to shelter those who were destroyed. The occupation of their homes during the war.
5- Beginning the reconstruction and repair of infrastructure in all areas of the sector, and rehabilitating the electricity, communications and water networks.
6- Approving a plan for the reconstruction of homes, economic establishments, and public facilities that were destroyed due to the aggression, and scheduling the reconstruction process for a period not exceeding 3 years.
Resuming all humanitarian services provided to the population in all areas of the Gaza Strip, by the United Nations and its agencies, especially UNRWA, and all international organizations working to begin their work in all areas of the Gaza Strip as it was before 10/7/2023.

- Re-supplying the Gaza Strip with the necessary fuel to reconfigure the power plant and all sectors.

- The occupation’s commitment to supply Gaza with its electricity and water needs.

- Initiating (indirect) discussions regarding the necessary requirements for continuing the cessation of mutual military operations in order to return to a state of complete and mutual calm.

The exchange process is closely linked to the extent to which commitment is achieved to bring in the sufficient aid, relief and shelter that were mentioned and agreed upon.

Guarantors of the agreement: (Egypt, Qatar, Turkey, Russia, the United Nations).

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
"In addition to 1,500 Palestinian prisoners, Hamas names 500 of them to receive life sentences and high sentences."

What does this part mean? As in, these are prisoners that Hamas wants released?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I want to strap him to some hugs and fire him at a extra fluffy cat bed

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

carcinofuck posted:

"In addition to 1,500 Palestinian prisoners, Hamas names 500 of them to receive life sentences and high sentences."

What does this part mean? As in, these are prisoners that Hamas wants released?

Yes, various Nukhba commandos, resistance leaders and so on are held in Israeli prisons with heavy/life sentences and Hamas is demanding their release. They've stated this before, too.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Crazypoops posted:

I want to strap him to some hugs and fire him at a extra fluffy cat bed

strap sardines to the rocket and let him chase it

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Sancho Banana posted:

Yes, various Nukhba commandos, resistance leaders and so on are held in Israeli prisons with heavy/life sentences and Hamas is demanding their release. They've stated this before, too.

inshallah

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i watched this last time they made it public, its not gonna blow anyone itt's minds but its good for family members / normal american types

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

The full response of Hamas to the proposal has been published:-

============================================

The literal text of the response that the Hamas movement delivered to the Qatari and Egyptian mediators to the “Framework Agreement” paper that was presented to it after the Paris meeting. The American and Israeli sides received a copy of Hamas’ response, which consists of 3 pages, including amendments to the “Framework Agreement” paper. » In addition to a special annex to the guarantees and demands aimed at stopping the aggression and eliminating its effects: a draft - an initial response/the Hamas movement’s response to a general framework for a comprehensive agreement between the parties (between the Israeli occupation, Hamas, and the Palestinian factions)

awesome to see demands and schedules for implementing changes. i recently relistened to a bunch of vincent bevin's interviews about his new book about how the popular uprisings of the 2010s got co-opted by right-wing psychos and misrepresented by liberal media when the original, horizontally organised protesters refused to take leadership of the movements they started.

quote:

Guarantors of the agreement: (Egypt, Qatar, Turkey, Russia, the United Nations).
interesting list of countries.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

jfc these things are so precious, literally glass cannons

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Jel Shaker posted:

jfc these things are so precious, literally glass cannons

Hard to be a glass cannon when their forward VLS systems have been converted to a gym because of lack of funds to acquire missiles.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

salartarium posted:

Hard to be a glass cannon when their forward VLS systems have been converted to a gym because of lack of funds to acquire missiles.

A glass cannon technically doesn't include the ammo :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do wonder if even the Sauds see the maps of Greater Israel and realise they're dealing with a rabid dog.