Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

How come people don't like Aventurine? He gave me 10k credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Tagichatn posted:

Because you could have gotten 20k if you refused the money the first time and they are mad they didn't get it!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
He fobbed 20k on me after I tried to decline his first bribe.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Let out a grunt that sounds cool

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
that'd be a good new title.

Finished the story today. Generally speaking I liked it, and really liked fake sampo having a tell that gave him away (at least in EN). I wish the last bit hadn't been so dense with 'I'm helping you/I'm betraying you' done so many times in quick succession, though; none of them really got a chance to breathe or feel shocking or anything.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Reformat posted:

High five fellow bribe refuser.

Tagichatn posted:

Shame.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Fun fact about the very end of the 2.0 main story quest, so don't look if you haven't beaten the story.

If you refuse to go with Aventurine to discover the "truth" and instead walk out of the door past Black Swan, you get treated to a fake ending and Game Over much like the one at Herta Space Station if you refuse to join the Astral Express.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Make sure to do the “Envision a Rose Forthcoming” side quest.

Many feels.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tree Reformat posted:

I don't think I even got to a part with a bribe since I just immediately agreed with him always.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Tried to pull Black Swan and pulled Clara instead, then immediately pulled Black Swan. Today was a good day.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Guys I have an important question about the a little bear you see on the street in Penacony(named Beastar). I thought about hugging it then backed out at the last second, not realizing the choice is permanent. What happens if you keep insisting on hugging the bear?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Guys I have an important question about the a little bear you see on the street in Penacony(named Beastar). I thought about hugging it then backed out at the last second, not realizing the choice is permanent. What happens if you keep insisting on hugging the bear?

Not much. I kept hugging the teddy bear until I couldn't, some text which I forget, moved on. I think it was just a point of interest but I was in "oh wow new zone" mode so I didn't commit it to memory. Forgot it existed until you mentioned it again.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Meowywitch posted:

Let out a grunt that sounds cool

I just got to this sequence this evening and it was great.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Selenephos posted:

Fun fact about the very end of the 2.0 main story quest, so don't look if you haven't beaten the story.

If you refuse to go with Aventurine to discover the "truth" and instead walk out of the door past Black Swan, you get treated to a fake ending and Game Over much like the one at Herta Space Station if you refuse to join the Astral Express.

oh neat

found a reddit post of someone sharing it

https://www.reddit.com/r/HonkaiStarRail/comments/1akqskt/new_bad_ending_in_penacony/

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I turned the bear angry with Clockie powers and it turned into a robot lecturing me about discrimination against animals by initializing them.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Black Swan acting like she taught you how to walk on walls when you already had to do it before you met her: Minor continuity error, or a teensy bit of non-magical gaslighting to subtly remind you how the Garden Of Recollection is totally cool with loving with people's memories?

Captain France fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 7, 2024

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Captain France posted:

Black Swan acting like she taught you how to walk on walls when you already had to do it before you met her: Minor continuity error, or a teensy bit of non-magical gaslighting to subtly remind you how the Garden Of Recollection is totally cool with loving with people's memories?

Oh she's just memsplaining.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Oh yeah, is Misha a cartoon character? They didn't really follow up on this and I don't feel like reading his profile.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Catching up on trailers now. So I figure that Black Swan's character trailer is one that's only going to fully make sense once Penacony's story is over.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

DancingShade posted:

-edit Also I hereby declare "Clockie" the superior version of Mickey Mouse. Go on. Change my mind.

Reminding you of the worst mascot in existence every time their mascot talks isn’t t really fun or interesting at all

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Clarste posted:

Oh yeah, is Misha a cartoon character? They didn't really follow up on this and I don't feel like reading his profile.

I'm pretty sure he's innocent with a child-like sense of wonder and that's why he can see Clockie. It's the same reason the Trailblazer can.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm pretty sure he's innocent with a child-like sense of wonder and that's why he can see Clockie. It's the same reason the Trailblazer can.

Firefly implies that they can't see Misha either in that scene where you rescue Acheron and Misha. And no one other than you ever talks to Misha directly, iirc.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 7, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Clarste posted:

Firefly implies that they can't see Misha either in that scene where you rescue Acheron and Misha.

I'm pretty sure they're just talking about Clockie. Plenty of people can see Misha, so he's not under the same rules as Clockie. The weird bit is he can see Clockie, not whether other people can see him. At most, Misha's got something going on with the dream teleportation that he appears capable of, but I think that's being an employee of the hotel. He's at least able to be in the real world, which I don't think Clockie can (as I'm pretty sure Clockie is part of the dream/memoria). The gangsters are talking directly about punishing him in that scene for getting between the gangsters and Acheron. I'd say Firefly not doing so is maybe related to Firefly being weird not Misha.

Edit: But also for what it's worth, his level up unlocked stories involve people talking to him.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 7, 2024

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Even with MoC/PF being tailored to the latest character, drat does Black Swan wreck in Pure Fiction. I full cleared the Yanqing side when I haven't even gotten close to killing a boss before, and she doesn't even have all her traces to 7 yet.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

nevermind, I can't remember the scene in any detail

Clarste fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 7, 2024

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Man DoT teams are pretty crazy. I felt like Kafka’s damage was kind of low last patch - she isn’t done yet (only lvl 75, 8-8-9 traces) but felt like she was underperforming so I didn’t use her much. I also didn’t have a second DoT unit for her so was trying to hypercarry or pidgeonhole her into other comps.

Now that BS is here though I took her through some MoC and PF stages. They go so well together and I was able to clear stuff I hadn’t been able to previously. Granted this is also since I didn’t have proper wind or electric damage before but I think when I was doing shorter fights I only saw the smaller numbers, and now that I’m doing longer fights and wave content the numbers are like Argenti big but there are SO many of them and they really add up.

One question though since I can’t find any calcs on this. Do you think s2 Good Night Sleep Well is better than s1 In the Name of the World (Welt LC) for Kafka? The damage boost from the former seems better but with the increased atk of the latter I’m not sure what performa better. The latter’s conditionals also don’t boost Kafka’s ult damage which seems pretty significant for her.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

the Masked Fools is my new favorite new faction introduced.

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

This stinks of capital

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel like they made Sparkle say "why so serious," like, three times as often as necessary.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I’m so excited to be shown the adult world with my good and trustworthy pal.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Clarste posted:

I feel like they made Sparkle say "why so serious," like, three times as often as necessary.

I wish they'd stop leaning so heavily on meme phrases and pop culture references from 15 years ago. Sparkle confesses something to the TB and one of the responses is "I know that feel." instead of feeling, lol

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Got around to finishing the main story. It's very dense and maybe kinda rushed but overall I quite liked it, I love that we have all these different factions clashing and conspiring. Hopefully the next patches can follow through, I've got high hopes for Penacony's story.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Met Firefly and she's giving me a tour.

Gotta say I was expecting something different from Harmony and the Family instead of it meaning just straight up the mafia.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

*gasp*
Firefly first secrets are interesting. The dream sounds nice, I'm all for it.

lol @ Sparkle. Please knock me out too.

i really like Sparkle's character design, but i really don't need another harmony

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Finished the main story and oh my god, they just killed the cool fire miniboss squad people were hoping to roll for offscreen, Hoyo you absolute psychopaths

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Finished the main story and oh my god, they just killed the cool fire miniboss squad people were hoping to roll for offscreen, Hoyo you absolute psychopaths
i think only duke inferno is mentioned to actually be dead

and tbh given everything else going on in penacony they could easily write out of it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

padijun posted:

I wish they'd stop leaning so heavily on meme phrases and pop culture references from 15 years ago. Sparkle confesses something to the TB and one of the responses is "I know that feel." instead of feeling, lol
i assume a lot of it is references to chinese memes/pop culture that have to be localized since most of the playerbase wouldnt get them

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

JT Jag posted:

ill say its pretty good meta-storytelling to build up this guy through in-game lore and trailers and everything only to drop that he got taken out and replaced before the events could actually take place

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

thank you based Hoyoverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

El Burbo posted:

ill say its pretty good meta-storytelling to build up this guy through in-game lore and trailers and everything only to drop that he got taken out and replaced before the events could actually take place
Oh yeah, agreed, it's just a bolder narrative choice than I would have expected. It's actually kinda funny how there was some discussion after the Inferno Gang Myriad Celestia debuted about how Ifrit couldn't be THAT scary because he's not an Emanator... and then he immediately got murked by an Emanator. (Seemingly at least, he could have Phase Flame bullshitted his way into surviving if they want to do that)