Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

he who smelt it delt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Discount Matt Mercer

Matt Worser

loving liquidate that stupid townhouse that they were operating out of and that both Burkman and Wohl are listed as owners for, that's an easy enough start

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Zhou Enlai's the problem

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Escape From Noise posted:

Oh boy. Cash bar and light appetizers?

Needs more patriotism!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Wait. Mike Pence is still running?!?

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

"Bowtie on nussy" is basically old men lingerie

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Deptfordx posted:

If he stops, they'll catch him and hang him.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Wow! We did it! The worst sentence ever written!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
OLD MAN LINGERIE is a dope username tho

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

You are all radical left degenerates

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Interview remake we didn't want, but we hope ends the same way

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
So what precisely happened with Mayorkas, or whatever his name is?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Samovar posted:

So what precisely happened with Mayorkas, or whatever his name is?

Vote Tied, so it failed, they are gonna try again no doubt.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

The Locator posted:

She's stupid. She thinks he means that kids should be allowed to fly for free, when he is saying that you shouldn't have to pay an EXTRA fee to allow your kids to sit with you.

Is this a thing? Is it America specifically? I've booked (in Australia) multiple seats on a flight before and never had to pay some extra fee. If that's a thing in the US I'm not surprised but also, goddamn, that's ridiculous. Explains why you always get those parents who suddenly want to swap seats, I thought it was just poor planning but there's actually some extra fee?

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Have some hopium: The Engoron ruling might be big

quote:

'Lied under oath in my courtroom': Judge Engoron email suggests massive penalty for Trump

https://www.alternet.org/judge-engoron-massive-penalty/

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

putin is a oval office posted:

Is this a thing? Is it America specifically? I've booked (in Australia) multiple seats on a flight before and never had to pay some extra fee. If that's a thing in the US I'm not surprised but also, goddamn, that's ridiculous. Explains why you always get those parents who suddenly want to swap seats, I thought it was just poor planning but there's actually some extra fee?

Everything is an extra fee. You would like what? Well that is an upcharge!

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

putin is a oval office posted:

It's common on discount airlines such as Ryanair and the like in Europe. We book 2 seats at the same time - 'choosing' the seats costs another £5-8. Most of the time we don't bother as the flight is only 1-2 hours, but for longer ones we might fork out. Euro flights are cheap anyway

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Lied under oath against a judge already completely done with your poo poo?

:getin:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Onkel Hedwig posted:

:yooge: But Star Witness Michael "The Filthy Weasel" Cohen also LIED in courtroom like a DOG, completely DESTROYING the FAKE HOAX Biden case even though I am INNOCENT and my 100% disclaimer was "PERFECT". Sack the political "hack" judge NOW! We rear end {grapes)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Might be big... A BIG NOTHINGBURGER! Stop the count!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

Lied under oath against a judge already completely done with your poo poo?

:getin:

Was Weisselberg a Prosecution or Trump witness? I thought he was a witness for prosecution?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Deptfordx posted:

No - he put himself on the ballot before dropping out. It may have been too late to take himself off

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Maigius posted:

I'm not the only one getting Vampire vibes off this guy, right?

I swear at one point he was posting about his blood trying to kill him or something like that so you probably aren't far off

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jacob Wohl was the actor in the first Batman movie, right? With Michael Keaton and Kim Bassinger?

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Onkel Hedwig posted:

You are all radical left degenerates

Why thank you I try my best

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Stoatbringer posted:

:yooge: But Star Witness Michael "The Filthy Weasel" Cohen also LIED in courtroom like a DOG, completely DESTROYING the FAKE HOAX Biden case even though I am INNOCENT and my 100% disclaimer was "PERFECT". Sack the political "hack" judge NOW! We rear end {grapes)

Oh my God I forgot about

We rear end Grapes

Trump's lovely term as president really did bring out the Lols

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Beefed Owl posted:

Oh my God I forgot about

We rear end Grapes

Trump's lovely term as president really did bring out the Lols

I must have missed this one...

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Stollen Rigged Witch Hunt! :byodood:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Oof how do you come back from losing to nobody? Obviously you don't, but how much longer is she gonna fake it for?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Oof how do you come back from losing to nobody? Obviously you don't, but how much longer is she gonna fake it for?

She's not in it to win it; rather, she just wants to be the last person standing in the very real possibility Trump can't be the nominee this fall due to conviction or death or who knows.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68061183

BBC posted:

Donald Trump's failed immunity appeal is still a win for his delay strategy

So while Mr Trump did not successfully assert sweeping new presidential powers to act with impunity while in office, the tentative 4 March start date in Washington DC has been removed from the federal court's calendar.

And there is no indication of when it might reappear.

This is in keeping with the former president's strategy of throwing sand in the gears of the judicial process whenever possible, according to Neama Rahmani, a former federal prosecutor.
"It's in Trump's interest to delay the case until after the November election," Mr Rahmani said. "If he wins control of the White House, a sitting president can't be prosecuted."

He can turn to the Supreme Court, which would have to decide whether to review the case or let the lower-court decision stand. They can also decide whether to put the 6 January trial on hold in the meantime.

That appears the likely route, as the appeals court has given the Trump legal team until 12 February to prepare its Supreme Court request.
That is where there are further opportunities for delay or for the trial to get back on track.

If the Supreme Court refuses to hear the case, the election interference case could return to its normal schedule. But if it agrees to do so, that all but guarantees that a trial would take place under the shadow of election day - at the very earliest.

It is a prospect that may prompt Judge Tanya Chutkan, who is presiding over the trial, to shelve the case until Americans can cast their ballots in November.

Must be great to be a criminal who gets to decide when, if ever, their trial happens just by endlessly gumming up the works.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Nikki Haley: "With these dark magics, NOBODY can defeat me!"

*Monkey's paw curls*

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

that's his literal partner in crime jack burkman

just to remember the lols correctly this was the guy who did a whole press conference slandering Robert Mueller with his fly down right

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Stoatbringer posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68061183

Must be great to be a criminal who gets to decide when, if ever, their trial happens just by endlessly gumming up the works.

So that seems the safest and most effective way the SC can help Trump: Take up the case, slow roll it, and months later with a 7-2 vote or some such declare Trump doesn't have immunity. But gosh, look how close it is to the election now....

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Moai Ou posted:

Nikki Haley: "With these dark magics, NOBODY can defeat me!"

*Monkey's paw curls*

Odysseus out campaigning against Nikki Haley

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Or the Supreme Court can say the trial isn't stayed until they make a ruling. Chutkan isn't just going to shelve the case if she doesn't have to.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

MrMojok posted:

I will never forget the time MTG’s fellow howler monkey Lauren Boebert stood up in front of her constituents and said “ina-leen-able”

Someone in the crowd shouted “It’s ‘inalienable’!” and she goes “no, it’s ‘ina-leen-able’”

She's so confident about it. lol

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1373647691637420040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Un-uh-leen-uh-buhl? drat. That's un-bee-leev-uh-buhl.