Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Well, sometimes it's just hard to bargle nawdle zouss.

lol :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
If I'm charitable, those books did seem to have that blob-people corporate flat design look from a few years back and that stuff is pretty hard to look at.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Well, sometimes it's just hard to bargle nawdle zouss.

I appreciate this post

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

tek79 posted:

Let's wrap a bunch of bibles in dust jackets that read "End Hate" and/or feature rainbow color schemes and host a 'Conservative Book Burning Bash for Liberal Tears!" flamethrowing event. When they're done it would be revealed that they burned a bunch of King James versions of the word of God. They'd get mad but probably wouldn't care but it'd be a huge LOL from our perspective.

Seriously though stealing and taking a flamethrower to a bunch of books is psycho poo poo and she should be put on a terrorist watch list. Not joking.

They would be stoked, we need to get rid of all of this "King" "James" who was very weak, many people are saying it, and replace it with the TRUE President Trump Bible featuring your favorite savior (JesusMe!) $199/copy or for $499 individually signed with a personalized message from President Trump*

*may include flyer requesting campaign donation instead of signature and personalized message

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Isn't that theft and willful destruction of property? Can't they, fuckin, arrest her?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Isn't that theft and willful destruction of property? Can't they, fuckin, arrest her?

You try! She's got a flamethrower and a tank full of liberal tears! One stray bullet and the whole city goes up!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

lmao she knows she's a terrorist

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

The GOP side is much more complicated. Nevada is apparently having a binding caucus and a non-binding primary. I don't think Haley is even on the ballot for the caucus.

Toxic Mental posted:

They shouldn’t because “none of these” just means Trump

It's a political message, and it's true, and it'll drive republicans nuts. No downsides!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LifeSunDeath posted:

lmao she knows she's a terrorist

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

That flamethrower contraption looks incredibly jank and she’s lucky it didn’t set her on fire.

Yes, but that doesn’t make *me* lucky

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Not if the sheriff's in on it.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Disco Pope posted:

No, I think this is a good post and I think you highlight an important distinction between roasting people because their mispronounciations mark them as part of an out-group (usually working-class autodictats) and shifting meaning by sheer brute force. And there can be overlap when there's disingenuous appeal to a populists vs elites narrative.

Early on when Trump stole the election (with the help of Russia) you started hearing the term “fake news” which was Trump speak for “only listen to me, I’m the only source of news you need from now on!” and the right wing nut jobs came out swinging with a one/two punch, attacking anyone previously regarded as an expert and anyone with a college degree who was articulate and used proper spelling and grammar.

Because they are woefully uneducated country bumpkin hicks with no loving place in government.

Period.

The “listen to me because I have authority but no brains” movement has got to die, screaming off a cliff on fire.

Hopefully that’s exactly what we’re seeing happen now.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Just sat through the Jacob Wohl video and I kept it together for most of it, but when that dude showed off his Liz Warren sex scars and he had the xXx logo on his neck I lost it.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Grammarchist posted:

Alejandro Mayorkas has been TOTALLY EXONERATED. THANK YOU! WORKING HARD!

:lol:

Padical posted:

This stunt and her demands really scream "oh god I hosed up, please undo this financial disaster I brought upon myself as though it never happened."

My favorite demand is that the company she is suing will just write a cool new show for her to star in.

Not sure how you get any of that from the lawsuit.

It's pretty clear that she feels entitled to be free of any consequences of her speech.

She's not regretting a drat thing she did. It's entitlement. It's Karening. If she felt regret, she'd apologize for being an insufferable bigot.

Maigius posted:

I'm not the only one getting Vampire vibes off this guy, right?

It's Morbin' Preslin' Time!

Toxic Mental posted:

But wait why would the liberal tears be shooting flames at the books? Shouldn’t it be like, Republican Rage or something?

gently caress. If I knew my tears could burn the poo poo out of things, I'd watch a Pixar movie, jar that poo poo, and cruise by a proud boy demonstration.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Grey Cat posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to roast grandma working at walmart for saying indictable or some other uncommon/irregular word wrong. I am going to roast a politician for it after not only not correcting themselves but saying, "lol, I'm right."
this.
for me it's the grandstanding every time: "and i LIVE by, and DEEPLY believe these words, and always have, and anyone who disagrees needs to be driven from the country: (clearly reading for the first time) 'w-we ho-hold this truth t-two bees surf medicate..."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Early on when Trump stole the election (with the help of Russia) you started hearing the term “fake news” which was Trump speak for “only listen to me, I’m the only source of news you need from now on!” and the right wing nut jobs came out swinging with a one/two punch, attacking anyone previously regarded as an expert and anyone with a college degree who was articulate and used proper spelling and grammar.

Because they are woefully uneducated country bumpkin hicks with no loving place in government.

Period.

The “listen to me because I have authority but no brains” movement has got to die, screaming off a cliff on fire.

And appositely, he stole the term "fake news" which the social media world was using at the time in a sisyphean attempt to flag and eradicate the explosion of Russian-planted garbage news stories that were clogging up regular people's ability to find actual news on the Internet.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I kinda wonder if all the in-dick-ta-bull and ina-lien-a-bull and there enlies poo poo is like how scam emails will sometimes intentionally misspell stuff and be obviously janky on purpose. People who notice or care about the weird malapropisms weren't likely to listen to what they had to say anyway, so anyone who makes it past that screening process is an easy mark for the actual content.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Asterite34 posted:

I kinda wonder if all the in-dick-ta-bull and ina-lien-a-bull and there enlies poo poo is like how scam emails will sometimes intentionally misspell stuff and be obviously janky on purpose. People who notice or care about the weird malapropisms weren't likely to listen to what they had to say anyway, so anyone who makes it past that screening process is an easy mark for the actual content.

cmon

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Politician whose main contribution in office has been accusing political enemies of things they did not do: "I want to be pardoned from things I didn't do because of course my political enemies are going to accuse me of things I didn't do."

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Lmao when your lies are so brazen even the Kremlin has to push back

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

No, I think this is a good post and I think you highlight an important distinction between roasting people because their mispronounciations mark them as part of an out-group (usually working-class autodictats) and shifting meaning by sheer brute force. And there can be overlap when there's disingenuous appeal to a populists vs elites narrative.

I assume it’s just your autocorrect loving with you at this point, but if it’s not, this is good comedy, thank you.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Asterite34 posted:

Perhaps not that, and I wouldn't go as far as to say its intentional, but it makes it really easy for people to call the mistakes out and for them to counter "oh, I'm sorry my down-home folksy spelling offends you more than indoctrinating children?"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Period.

"Fake news" was more than that. There were massive disinformation campaigns that presented themselves as news websites. Or sites that were "parodies" like they were The Onion except they weren't funny and made no attempt to make themselves not look like a news source. People rightfully started pointing out that these things being passed around as news stories by conservatives were not true: they were "fake news". And then because the fascists always turn criticism around and go "No, you!" to try to muddy the waters, they started calling actual news sources "fake news".

I'm a little surprised they haven't started calling out pictures and stories that make them look bad as "AI". Maybe it'll take a few more months for that to catch on.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Corn Glizzy posted:

I assume it’s just your autocorrect loving with you at this point, but if it’s not, this is good comedy, thank you.

No, I'm just a bit stupid! I learned something today, though!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Alls I know is that I'm super not on board to in dick a bull. Thanks but no thanks, Marjorie.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So like, does no one in Russia realize that Tucker isn't on TV and has nowhere near the reach he once had anymore? Why are they bringing him in to do a propaganda piece?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Rhonne posted:

So like, does no one in Russia realize that Tucker isn't on TV and has nowhere near the reach he once had anymore? Why are they bringing him in to do a propaganda piece?

Internal reasons, and to stoke up Western conspiracy theorists.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Asterite34 posted:

I doubt it’s conscious but I do think they aim for that “they’re picking on someone who reminds me of me! Liberals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Reaction on some level

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Random Stranger posted:

"Fake news" was more than that. There were massive disinformation campaigns that presented themselves as news websites. Or sites that were "parodies" like they were The Onion except they weren't funny and made no attempt to make themselves not look like a news source. People rightfully started pointing out that these things being passed around as news stories by conservatives were not true: they were "fake news". And then because the fascists always turn criticism around and go "No, you!" to try to muddy the waters, they started calling actual news sources "fake news".

I'm a little surprised they haven't started calling out pictures and stories that make them look bad as "AI". Maybe it'll take a few more months for that to catch on.

Yep.

They attacked the 1st Amendment while wrapping themselves up in the 2nd; it was an attack on America from within the government, culminating on Jan 6th.

And they're still attacking, trying to whitewash a violent insurrection as a peaceful walk in the park.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Rhonne posted:

Russian Media is not the brightest bulb, and neither is Russian leadership right now.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I'm sure that Tucker falls into the middle the Venn Diagram between "recognizable to Western audiences" and "willing to lick Putin's rear end" and there aren't a ton of those people

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhonne posted:

I imagine it’s because he’s on payroll still and they love that they conquered Twitter with the help of an idiot man child and they didn’t have to spend a dime to do it.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Random Stranger posted:

I was laid off recently and I've been trudging through local social media to see if there's any odd-jobs I can pick up, and I saw a Nextdoor thread about AI and the absolute misunderstanding and fear-mongering behind it is impressive. People accusing it of stealing jobs, taking over computers, lying to them, etc., just tons of fear and anger around it though nobody can seem to explain exactly what it is about AI that causes them pain (aside from the people who rightly pointed out that calling or chatting with companies has become incredibly painful thanks to phone trees and chat bots).

The US electorate is absolutely primed to accept AI as the next boogeyman and won't question at all when some conservative bigot blowhard claims "AI" is the reason they were caught in a Klan outfit waving a confederate flag and chanting racial slurs at the top of their lungs.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

They would be stoked, we need to get rid of all of this "King" "James" who was very weak, many people are saying it, and replace it with the TRUE President Trump Bible featuring your favorite savior (JesusMe!) $199/copy or for $499 individually signed with a personalized message from President Trump*

*may include flyer requesting campaign donation instead of signature and personalized message

Surprised this isn't a thing yet.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

funeral home DJ posted:

The US electorate is absolutely primed to accept AI as the next boogeyman and won't question at all when some conservative bigot blowhard claims "AI" is the reason they were caught in a Klan outfit waving a confederate flag and chanting racial slurs at the top of their lungs.

It won't be long before it will be entirely possible to easily create realistic, convincing footage of Joe Biden shovelling babies into a woodchipper while singing the Chinese national anthem. Everything is going to be a shitshow of misinformation.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Period.

The exact same thing happened with Trump Derangement Syndrome which was first used to describe his fanatical gaggle of rubes that believed he was their god emperor. It was turned around to mean that everyone was obsessed with getting/hating Trump.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

funeral home DJ posted:

The US electorate probably doesn't know or care about AI

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Lmao when your lies are so brazen even the Kremlin has to push back

I seriously hope he is dumb enough to keep up this poo poo and end up in a Russian prison in the next couple of days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nocheez posted:

The exact same thing happened with Trump Derangement Syndrome which was first used to describe his fanatical gaggle of rubes that believed he was their god emperor. It was turned around to mean that everyone was obsessed with getting/hating Trump.

Nah, they used to accuse people who hated W Bush of having “Bush Derangement Syndrome,” and then Dems flipped it back on conservatives with, “Obama Derangement Syndrome.”

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if there were people claiming “Clinton Derangement Syndrome” in the 90s, but I wasn’t aware of it until Bush II.