Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I don't care if Packers stock is worthless as a security getting one for my Dad makes the old dude so happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I don't care if my child is worthless as a security getting one for my dad makes the old dude so happy

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Get snipped best of both worlds.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t understand why were are talking about worthless waste of space and packers stock

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Parallelwoody posted:

:yeah:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Always bemused to see people dunking on packers stock for not providing equity or paying out a dividend, as though these things were not among the most sinister inventions of modernity

The Packers' ownership system has one job, which is to keep the team in Green Bay. It does that pretty well so far as I can tell

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

PupsOfWar posted:

Always bemused to see people dunking on packers stock for not providing equity or paying out a dividend, as though these things were not among the most sinister inventions of modernity

The Packers' ownership system has one job, which is to keep the team in Green Bay. It does that pretty well so far as I can tell

If Adult me could pick an NFL team fresh, it would be the Packers.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

If I could have separated a team from its fans, I would have happily supported the packers. But things like cannot be done.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Parallelwoody posted:

Actually it’s gay sex.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bip Roberts posted:

Put the brats on the grill

This was really funny but now I want a brat. :(

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Pontius Pilate posted:

Actually it’s gay sex.

Why not both?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

PupsOfWar posted:

It was a joke.

I compared it to my child lol. I thought that was silly enough.

The Stock thing is great, smart way to generate revenue without stealing more money from potentially unwilling taxpayers.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I had a teacher repeatedly in high school who would bring in a wwii vet who had participated in d day, battle of the bulge, liberation of Buchenwald, bunch of stuff, and later became the first Jewish mayor of a bougie north shore suburb. The teacher was giving an introduction before he had arrived and mentioned how he boycotts German products to this day, “so he won’t buy BMWs or Bayer…” and a girl interrupts and exclaims “BRATS?!” and the teacher walks her off the ledge explaining brats are made in America too. It’s one of my peak midwest moments and I will think about it every time brats come up til the day I die.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Hizawk posted:

If Adult me could pick an NFL team fresh, it would be the Packers.

I have a friend in the same spot and he chose packers for the ownership culture. He’s also a huge hippy who lives in a yurt and operates a seed farm.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

everything anyone says until the draft is literally a lie

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 7, 2024

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Dexo posted:

It was a joke.

I compared it to my child lol. I thought that was silly enough.

The Stock thing is great, smart way to generate revenue without stealing more money from potentially unwilling taxpayers.

That and not begging for a new stadium every decade. Actually embracing a historic stadium and upgrading where you can without destroying the asthetic. Man i miss old soldier field.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Pontius Pilate posted:

I had a teacher repeatedly in high school who would bring in a wwii vet who had participated in d day, battle of the bulge, liberation of Buchenwald, bunch of stuff, and later became the first Jewish mayor of a bougie north shore suburb. The teacher was giving an introduction before he had arrived and mentioned how he boycotts German products to this day, “so he won’t buy BMWs or Bayer…” and a girl interrupts and exclaims “BRATS?!” and the teacher walks her off the ledge explaining brats are made in America too. It’s one of my peak midwest moments and I will think about it every time brats come up til the day I die.

Lol, that's incredible.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

As it's the off-season for our well respected franchises (and the Vikings), Minnesota brings the least to the table culinary-and-booze-wise, right?

Minnesota has given us Hamm's - which personally I love - but also Grain Belt (meh) and hot dish (respectable).

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The good booze doesn't get shipped out of state, I think. North shore breweries consistently produce amazing beer, we have the best cider, and there are some great distilleries. No defending the native foods but I don't really see how it's any different from Wisconsin in that regard.

E: Cedar Gin is an amazing invention and I don't know if you can get it out of state

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 7, 2024

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

what does "highly-accurate" and "off-target" mean in this context? My basic reading of them would just assume they're polar opposites which is obviously not the case

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

what does "highly-accurate" and "off-target" mean in this context? My basic reading of them would just assume they're polar opposites which is obviously not the case

I assumed it represented

Off-Target, On Target, Highly Accurate

Only they didn't show on target, and just compared off target and highly accurate

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ok, that makes sense to me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Holy poo poo Goff is after mahomes and… darnold? Did he only get like half a game?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

IcePhoenix posted:

The fact that Jordan Love is where he is at on that quadrant after only starting one year is mind-boggling.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
gently caress sports illustrated, they knew what they were doing when they worded /formatted it this way on my phone. Imagine seeing that really small when first waking up in the morning.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Me I'm like "hmmm whats so odd about him?"

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Holy poo poo Goff is after mahomes and… darnold? Did he only get like half a game?

Goff with a clean pocket, working play action and options in the middle of the field is absolutely lethal.

You get pressure in his face or take away the middle of the field and force him to the outside and he's meh.

Benjamin Disraeli
Oct 19, 2005

Let's have some fun
This beat is sick
Let's play a Love game!

Hot Diggity! posted:

As it's the off-season for our well respected franchises (and the Vikings), Minnesota brings the least to the table culinary-and-booze-wise, right?

Minnesota has given us Hamm's - which personally I love - but also Grain Belt (meh) and hot dish (respectable).

Surly Darkness is my all time favorite imperial stout. But yeah other than that I can't think of anything I like to eat from Minnesota.

Detroit wise we just got a sweet rear end Detroit style pizza pan and the pizzas we have made in it have been killer. The best part is the pepperoni that gets all nice and crusty on the top, and, being in Wisconsin, there are a ton of yummy brick cheese options to choose from.

I loath the Bears and Cubs but holy poo poo is Chicago one of the best places for food in the world. My wife and I will head down there a couple of times a winter just to hit up some places to eat (Smoque is the poo poo, for example). Make a lot of Chicago food at home too - Italian beef, chicken vesuvio, Chicago pizza is good a couple times a year, etc... Beer wise they have some great places too - Maplewood, Half Acre, 18th Street isn't exactly Chicago but they have some really great poo poo, Revolution used to be really good although I had anything of theirs in awhile.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Go to Marz next time you're in Chicago. Excellent brewery especially if you like sours.

Chicago kicks rear end I never wanna live anywhere else.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I would move to Chicago from Milwaukee but my partner wants a garden. also Milwaukee music scene is legit and i might as well live in the cheaper one and drive the whole hour to Chicago for gigs

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i lived in chicago for a little while and loved it while i was there. If automotive was not so centralized here in SE MI, I would go back.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

20 Blunts posted:

I would move to Chicago from Milwaukee but my partner wants a garden. also Milwaukee music scene is legit and i might as well live in the cheaper one and drive the whole hour to Chicago for gigs

Certified Trapper ftw

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

20 Blunts posted:

Cafe Corazon in Milwaukee is heaven.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hot Diggity! posted:

Chicago kicks rear end I never wanna live anywhere else.

:hmmyes:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I miss Chicago; loving Phoenix

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

O/U 3 Free Agents signed by Green Bay this offseason?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Go to Marz next time

The Bears already tried that

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Tell Marz I said gently caress you

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-announce-process-for-ceo-search-feb-7-2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Haven’t lived in Chicago for several years but marz was good but overpriced then, can’t imagine it’s gotten any better

Chicago rules tho ya