Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Three Olives posted:

I seriously hope he is dumb enough to keep up this poo poo and end up in a Russian prison in the next couple of days.

Time to start rumors that Tucker’s CIA. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

funeral home DJ posted:

The US electorate is absolutely primed to accept AI as the next boogeyman and won't question at all when some conservative bigot blowhard claims "AI" is the reason they were caught in a Klan outfit waving a confederate flag and chanting racial slurs at the top of their lungs.

That would imply that the US electorate needs an excuse to ignore evidence laid out before their eyes. They don't.

AI won't change poo poo on that front, it just shifts the reason why they ignore inconvenient media.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Nah, they used to accuse people who hated W Bush of having “Bush Derangement Syndrome,” and then Dems flipped it back on conservatives with, “Obama Derangement Syndrome.”

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if there were people claiming “Clinton Derangement Syndrome” in the 90s, but I wasn’t aware of it until Bush II.

The dems should absolutely not have done that with Obama

They should have just called it what it was, obvious racism

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Nah, they used to accuse people who hated W Bush of having “Bush Derangement Syndrome,” and then Dems flipped it back on conservatives with, “Obama Derangement Syndrome.”

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if there were people claiming “Clinton Derangement Syndrome” in the 90s, but I wasn’t aware of it until Bush II.

Oh fair, I don't remember that being a thing but I'm not surprised it's just lobbed back and forth with no respect to actual meaning.

rotinaj posted:

The dems should absolutely not have done that with Obama

They should have just called it what it was, obvious racism

Speaking of obvious racism, remember when Toby Keith died? :laffo:

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Nocheez posted:

The exact same thing happened with Trump Derangement Syndrome which was first used to describe his fanatical gaggle of rubes that believed he was their god emperor. It was turned around to mean that everyone was obsessed with getting/hating Trump.

I will point out that you are, in this very moment, posting in a thread full of people who are obsessed with hating Trump and also laughing at his antics.

REMEMBER SAILOR! Wake up, Punchy! DO SOMETHING!!!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nocheez posted:

Hilarious! :roflolmao:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Mad Hamish posted:

I will point out that you are, in this very moment, posting in a thread full of people who are obsessed with hating Trump and also laughing at his antics.

REMEMBER SAILOR! Wake up, Punchy! DO SOMETHING!!!

Absolutely. But it's because he's really a piece of poo poo who has done actual crimes and is a serious threat to the very existence of democracy. It's not because I think his politics are stinky. It's because he's stinky.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nocheez posted:

Tony Keith was an rear end in a top hat to my mom when he broke big and I am glad he died

He got too full of himself and had his people barking orders at the autograph line to not speak to mr. Keith, mr. Keith will take no phone calls, will not sign anything but the thing you can buy at the table, will not sign body parts, will not take a picture with you…

Man, the folks who pay extra for an autograph are the true fans, if you smile and shake their hand, they’ll be jazzed. gently caress Toby Keith. He got a boot in his stomach cancer, it’s the American way.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
https://twitter.com/ChayaRaichik10/status/1755248339770372522

Truly one of the worst people on earth.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

If that is the case, Chaya, then why haven’t you filed these defamation suits

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

jfc her profile picture

Yeah definitely libel..

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Toby dying of the most painful cancer? I don't believe in karma, but sometimes the universe winks at me

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

explosivo posted:

jfc her profile picture

Yeah definitely libel..

I think that's an homage to a pic of Tucker laughing like that while holding up a newspaper with a headline about his awfulness

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

When people talk about "BDS" today being about Israel I always have to do a double-take because to me that TLA will always mean Bush Derangement Syndrome.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

She literally changed the profile pic of LibsofTikTok to a bomb

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah genuinly. yeah she is a bigot and poo poo, but she mostly did this because she was bored at her job and then started doubling down more and more. its very kiwifarms type poo poo but because she says the correct bigoted things and etc, she gets jobs from OK state and other stuff when she just does kiwifarm troll poo poo to hospitals and such. she is a lovely person who was rewarded for lovely behavore and justifies themselves as a hero/etc.

weirdly enough this poo poo always reminds me of darrell brooks, the rear end in a top hat who ran of like 70 people in that christmas parade, there was no grand bullshit motivation. he did it because he was pissed that someone spotted him beating the poo poo out of his ex in public and he fled and then kept going. then he turns the trial into an insane farce.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

kazil posted:

She literally changed the profile pic of LibsofTikTok to a bomb

It would be entertaining to see her in a defamation suit try to explain her choices here. Was the profile pic a celebration of the violence being caused? Was it sarcasm because the accusations are ridiculous and beyond parody? Which way would you prefer to lose this case?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
omg wrong thread. sorry.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

dr_rat posted:

I think it may just be forgiven/ignored if it doesn't get in the way of legal stuff in what your submitting.

The onions supporting brief to the supreme court was apparently considered very well written by lawyers, even though it was written in a very jokey manner:
https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...cus%20Brief.pdf

while it was very jokey apparently all the other cases it cites are relevant and done correctly, and the whole thing is meant to of been well argued.

Even for none legal people makes a very good easy read. As it was just a supporting brief it may be a bit different than someone submitting a suit or something.
Thank you for posting that. It is a great read, unlike something from that hack Johnathan Swift.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

explosivo posted:

jfc her profile picture

Yeah definitely libel..

I hope she rots away like cancer she is

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
is that the person behind linsoftiktok real name account? can we get screen caps/copy paste of the bird posts? giving page visits and metrics to that account is bad.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Asterite34 posted:

I kinda wonder if all the in-dick-ta-bull and ina-lien-a-bull and there enlies poo poo is like how scam emails will sometimes intentionally misspell stuff and be obviously janky on purpose. People who notice or care about the weird malapropisms weren't likely to listen to what they had to say anyway, so anyone who makes it past that screening process is an easy mark for the actual content.

no they just are so hostile to being corrected, even by their peers, that they just say dumb poo poo all the time and its become habit

willful ignorance is a requirement for these types; you must show willingness to conform to their reality

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

OMFG FURRY posted:

no they just are so hostile to being corrected, even by their peers, that they just say dumb poo poo all the time and its become habit

willful ignorance is a requirement for these types; you must show willingness to conform to their reality

:haibrow: its like Desantis and Thighland - narcissists won't allow themselves to be corrected

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Nocheez posted:

Woah.

This just happened recently. Lol.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4451721-new-hampshire-ag-says-fake-biden-robocall-before-election-traced-to-texas-firm/

quote:

New Hampshire Attorney General John Formella (R) said the fake President Biden robocall that discouraged voters from voting for him in the Granite State primary can be traced back to a Texas-based firm.

Formella said in a news release Tuesday that investigators identified the firm as Life Corp., which is run by Walter Monk. The Election Law Unit issued a cease-and-desist order to the Texas company.

Formella said the robocalls were made Jan. 21, just days ahead of the New Hampshire primary. The attorney general said the calls reached thousands of Democratic voters in the state and are now being investigated for voter suppression.

The recorded message imitated Biden’s voice falsely suggested to New Hampshire residents that voting in the primary would prevent them from voting in the general election scheduled for November. The source of the fake calls showed they were coming from the former state Democratic Party chair, Kathy Sullivan. Sullivan formed a super PAC, dubbed Granite for America, that spearheaded the initiative to write in Biden on the ballot.

Despite not being on the ballot in the state primary, Biden won New Hampshire with close to 64 percent of the vote as a write-in candidate, according to Decision Desk HQ, the partner of The Hill.

“Ensuring public confidence in the electoral process is vital,” Formella said. “AI-generated recordings used to deceive voters have the potential to have devastating effects on the democratic election process.”

Traceback technology was utilized to track down Life Corp. as the source, according to Formella. He also added the voice service provider was Texas-based service provider Lingo Telecom. When Lingo was notified the fake calls were under investigation, it suspended services to Life Corp., according to Formella.

The Federal Communications Commission issued a cease-and-desist letter against Lingo.

“The partnership and fast action in this matter sends a clear message that law enforcement, regulatory agencies, and industry are staying vigilant and are working closely together to monitor and investigate any signs of AI being used maliciously to threaten our democratic process,” Formella said.

The Hill has reached out to Lingo Telecom for comment.

Categories: Campaign
Tags: John Formella, New Hampshire primary, President Joe Biden

Why would the former chair of the Democratic state committee be behind those robocalls? Weird story so far.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I will be shocked is Supreme Court of Florida allows a ballot question on abortion

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I hope she rots away like cancer she is

Nobody wants to marry her, so there's that at least.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

rotinaj posted:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4451721-new-hampshire-ag-says-fake-biden-robocall-before-election-traced-to-texas-firm/

Why would the former chair of the Democratic state committee be behind those robocalls? Weird story so far.

The whole thing is a slap-fight between the state-level dems and the national level dems iirc.

National level dems want to change around the primary order to put more relevant states first. State level dems want NH to remain the first primary state because of course every state wants to go first.

Edit: oh, reading in more depth, she was also responsible for the write-in campaign? That is odd then.

Personally I think the best system is to go in the order of how close the vote was in the last presidential election, placing swing states earliest in the primary, but of course that will never happen.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

LifeSunDeath posted:

lmao she knows she's a terrorist

What's the list of people who did this? I know Gaetz and Green did.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Yes..good put the lunatics and grifters in charge of the money. In a election year.

GOP Chairwoman Laura Loomer

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Since then I've never once felt like things were going to be OK again in this country.
To be honest, things never were really OK in this country.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I will be shocked is Supreme Court of Florida allows a ballot question on abortion

“Love” in this case meaning nickle and dime, incarcerate, and overwork from the womb to the tomb.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Doctor Butts posted:

Nobody wants to marry her, so there's that at least.

lol yeah, she had a fiancee and a wedding announcement which then got retracted because the guy's family googled her, saw she was the CEO of Donestic Terrorism, and staged and intervention to get him to dump her.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

lol yeah, she had a fiancee and a wedding announcement which then got retracted because the guy's family googled her, saw she was the CEO of Donestic Terrorism, and staged and intervention to get him to dump her.

You have to be a special kind of right wing nutjob for a Chabad guy and his whole family to go “Ew, no thanks.”

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

lol what. This needs details or a link for some good reading.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Waffle House posted:

What's the list of people who did this? I know Gaetz and Green did.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/23/1107192874/republicans-trump-pardons-jan-6

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tai posted:

lol what. This needs details or a link for some good reading.

https://twitter.com/ChudsOfTikTok/status/1721696508058141167?s=20

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Webster Barnaby is the same dude who referred to transgender people as “demons and imps” pretending to be part of the world

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4a3vgm/florida-webster-barnaby-trans-x-men

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

quote:

[sic]
"In a taped deposition shown during the hearing, Cassidy Hutchinson, a former aide to White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, said Brooks and Gaetz advocated for blanket pardons for House members who were involved in a Dec. 21 White House meeting."

Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala
Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla (Eric Herschmann, a Trump White House lawyer, told the committee in a videotaped interview that Gaetz sought a pardon "from the beginning of time up until today, for any and all things.")
Reps. Andy Biggs, Louie Gohmert and Scott Perry
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia

No pardons were issued.

That's uhhhhh a lot of people, potentially, the GOP really loves doing some crime. Matt Gaetz seems like he's super hosed.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Supreme Court: abortion is for the states to decide themselves

Florida: no not like this tho!