Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Good mullet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:australia:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Not particularly important news but Buffalo likely have their new QB coach.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1755230272612667654

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1755085036968386986?s=20

Don't know bout that one, chief

in even funnier news

https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/1755250169329988001?s=46&t=bsTHbtMSqHXbNGi0vWP8hw

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
what a clown

he belongs on the cowboys

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rex Ryan is Mike McCarthy's Wario

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Love these comedic plot lines for the upcoming season

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/uhreeb/status/681995668815089665?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Did Dan Lanning die in a plane crash and the AD at Oregon have a stroke and could only remember Chip Kelly's name? How did he become Oregon's coach again? I am confused :question:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Think he's pulling a Todd Haley, taking the Browns OC figuring he'd get made head coach after Hue gets fired?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nervous posted:

Did Dan Lanning die in a plane crash and the AD at Oregon have a stroke and could only remember Chip Kelly's name? How did he become Oregon's coach again? I am confused :question:
The Solak tweet has the wrong college name - the ol' Chipster is the HC of UCLA right now, not Oregon.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pablo Bluth posted:

Not particularly important news but Buffalo likely have their new QB coach.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1755230272612667654

I looked and yes, this is the same Ronald Curry who played receiver for the Raiders :corsair:

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

always nice to be reminded of the coolest catch

Curry could have been special without the double curse of injuries and playing for the Raiders

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The NFL is better with Rex in it. As long as he's not coaching my team.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The337th posted:

Curry could have been special without the double curse of injuries and playing for the Raiders

Number 1 college recruit in the country for both football and basketball. Such a huge deal coming out of HS that not many noticed the OTHER big Virginia high school qb.....

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

The NFL is better with Rex in it. As long as he's not coaching my team.

I always forget he was the Bills coach.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

I always forget he was the Bills coach.

Pretty sure he took the job just to work with his brother and troll the Jets.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

The337th posted:

I always have a soft spot for the guys stuck on those horrible Raiders teams but never gave up and occasionally shined through no matter how bad the team was. Curry was definitely one of them and I hope he does good things as a coach.

That is a badass catch. Dude should have that as a mural somewhere in his house, actually it should cover the entire front of his house.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Rex is a fun heel and I hope he finds a coaching job somewhere soon.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Rex is a fun heel and I hope he finds a coaching job somewhere soon.

I see what you did there and I approve

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

pasaluki posted:

I live in a miserable football hellscape where the Kansas City Chiefs win every SB but at least I can obtain a few lulz at the the newest piece from the Commander's Gazette (formally known as The Athletic)

This one is from David Aldridge who is really really into basketball...

And speaking of being turned off...

My favorite part is when he talks about how basketball guys making more money than football guys, as if that was the point of not wanting to work for basketball guys.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Is it crazy I think hed do well? He always seemed to have great defenses

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Solak tweet has the wrong college name - the ol' Chipster is the HC of UCLA right now, not Oregon.

i think the guy who knows who dan lanning is was making a joke

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sataere posted:

My favorite part is when he talks about how basketball guys making more money than football guys, as if that was the point of not wanting to work for basketball guys.

I don't understand, isn't making tons more money than everyone else the only thing that matters?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

The big issue with Rex is that he just seems to love to cultivate chaos. The Cowboys are pretty drama-filled just as their natural state of being, so I don't see how Rex would really help that situation.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Amy Pole Her posted:

Not crazy at all considering the talent on that team and the fact that I don't think he's ever had a bad defense.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Declan MacManus posted:

i think the guy who knows who dan lanning is was making a joke
Oh. Oops.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Zach Orr, the Ravens new Defensive Coordinator, wrote a piece for the players tribune a few years ago. It details his experience with career ending injury at what seemed like the start of an excellent career. https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/zachary-orr-ravens-spine-injury-retirement

Zach Orr posted:

We walked out of the doctor’s office and out to the parking lot. My agent got in his car and my dad and I got into ours, and as soon as I shut the car door, my phone started blowing up. Text, after text, after text. I couldn’t even finish reading one before another one would pop up.

“My man!”

“Congrats!”

“I’m so proud of you!”

I had no idea what they were talking about … but then I realized: While the doctor had been telling me that the next hit I took could kill me, and that my career was basically over, the NFL had announced its All-Pro selections. I had made the second team. And the texts kept coming in....

It took everything I had to not break down and cry....

We have a saying in Baltimore: Once a Raven, always a Raven. Well, I wanted to end my career as a Raven. And even though it didn’t happen the way I envisioned, I’ve done that. I wish it didn’t have to end like this. I wish it didn’t have to end after I had just had the best season of my life. I mean, I was an undrafted free agent out of North Texas who came in and in his third season, led the Ravens’ defense — the Ravens’ defense — in tackles. That in itself was a dream come true.

If any of your lovely teams steal my beautiful son to be your HC I will punch you.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 7, 2024

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

bows1 posted:

Billionaires dont like to be told no. Hostile takeovers, buy anything that pisses you off. And this guy just told them na so they are in a tizzy

That's a given, I understand why they're (irrationally, dumbly, foolishly) upset at being told no. What eludes me is the thought process behind the spin they're presenting via these manufactured takes and editorials.

Boston (in multiple sports, baseball perhaps most evidently) is notorious (many orgs do this fwiw) for leaking hit pieces when they know they're trading away or not re-signing a player. Unsubstantiated crap about the guy wanting crazy money, lacking commitment, not a good locker room fit, etc. It's stupid but at least you can fathom some front office putz saying "well, he's popular, so let's give the fan base some vague crap, push the narrative to sports talking heads, activate some tribalism, so that a decent number of folks will either blame the player or 50/50 the responsibility, and we'll get their money".

This situation lacks that distraction element, the excuse tossed out for some fans to latch onto. Imagine the most die-hard, loyal, still calling them the R*******, wearing offensive culturally appropriated clothing etc, someone who won't dare question the club's narrative. What's their takeaway?

They would have already been disappointed in the news that they didn't sign Ben Johnson. Why the gently caress would they care about him informing Washington the morning of a second interview? A single leak saying that he interviewed decently well but Dan Quinn provided a better vision or whatever, fine and dandy. A week-plus of whinging about... all the other crap though?

Bummer time to be a DC area pro sports fan, the one org that ended 2023 with potential signs of hope is already burning goodwill.

Jim Irsay showed far more restraint when Josh bailed after being announced as HC.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1755326496619606438

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/camijustice/status/1755316093206347884

Sure

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Zach Orr, the Ravens new Defensive Coordinator, wrote a piece for the players tribune a few years ago. It details his experience with career ending injury at what seemed like the start of an excellent career. https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/zachary-orr-ravens-spine-injury-retirement

If any of your lovely teams steal my beautiful son to be your HC I will punch you.

Thanks for sharing this. It was a very powerful read and I must have missed it the first time around.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Wild times in the Raiders front office these days

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Black Sunshine posted:

Wild times in the Raiders front office these days

I am extremely down to find out what happens to the Raiders in 2024.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Nervous posted:

It'll either be a tremendous success or another glorious trainwreck friend, there are no gray areas here

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Nervous posted:

I'm putting my chips on "dysfunctional version of the Lions"

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

kalensc posted:

Jim Irsay showed far more restraint when Josh bailed after being announced as HC.

:catdrugs:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Q_res posted:

I'm putting my chips on "dysfunctional version of the Lions"

I think nothing would be funnier than the Raiders pulling a 2022 Vikings and posting a fraudulent 14-3 season tbh

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have a hard time seeing this because their roster is like Crosby, Adams if he doesn’t get traded to the Jets, and ?????? That fraud rear end Vikings team at least had Cousins and Jefferson and a still functional Dalvin Cook plus several pro bowlers on defense.

This outcome requires the Raiders to smash the draft and several other AFCW teams to face plant. Which, yeah, would be pretty funny!

I hope 2 of the 3 losses are to the Chargers :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I’m concerned. I dont want to mess with OLine and Defense. Is Bill leaving?