Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eric Cantonese posted:

Taylor Swift aside, don't most worldwide musical acts use private planes? Aside from privacy and security concerns, I thought the big justification was getting a level of traveling flexibility you cannot get through normal commercial channels. It better matches the ideal pace of most musical tours. Also, it's easier to assure that instruments are treated better.

Now that I've typed that all out, I'm get ready to get dunked on.

You can just make the tour longer and take trains and busses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
wait why is Taylor Swift an evil right winger now? I have no idea anything about her besides “mega popular singer songwriter who is now dating a football dude”.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

galagazombie posted:

wait why is Taylor Swift an evil right winger now? I have no idea anything about her besides “mega popular singer songwriter who is now dating a football dude”.

no one said that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She's a chud.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

galagazombie posted:

she's being criticized right now for a lot of things. one such thing is that her private plane is responsible for a lot of emissions. another thing is that she has been accused of being a "fence sitter" in regards to the upcoming election between Joe Biden and Donald Trump

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

galagazombie posted:

She did a Turner Diaries rock opera

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

galagazombie posted:

she voted for and loves donald j trump op. which, same

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

galagazombie posted:

she's a billionaire

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Xaris posted:

she voted for and loves donald j trump op. which, same

DJT dumped her and she wrote a song about it because that's all she sings about.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

another thing is that she has been accused of being a "fence sitter" in regards to the upcoming election between Joe Biden and Donald Trump

this is just the inevitable result of all “left-liberal” media spheres going hog wild on poptimism as activism and poptimism as progressive values and using pop to project imaginary desires like what if swift was secretly the lgbtqia icon we need???

it’s been very loving weird and annoying to see the past half decade that somehow liking insanely popular thing that needs no promoting or defending because it’s popular by its very definition, is somehow a ‘progressive’ value???

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

loquacius posted:

I follow leftists on Twitter

The chapoverse "leftists" lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

this is just the inevitable result of all “left-liberal” media spheres going hog wild on poptimism as activism and poptimism as progressive values and using pop to project imaginary desires like what if swift was secretly the lgbtqia icon we need???

it’s been very loving weird and annoying to see the past half decade.

i think this is the dying gasp of it tbh. it started with Live-Aid and thinking that as long as we made the right people famous, they would solve the world's problems altruistically in return. now here we are 40 years later, the world is still dirty and sick and hungry and we don't even want Taylor Swift to fix it for us anymore, just to tell us who she's voting for.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

i think this is the dying gasp of it tbh

god I hope so. when they finally announced pitchfork was dead I was just like good riddance. it was ground zero for some of that more tumblr-esque internet libby poptivisim poo poo by the mid 10s

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

brugroffil posted:

Been listening to the Killers

hell yeah same

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
taylor swift explicitly endorsed Biden in 2020 but everyone forgot

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Xaris posted:

god I hope so. when they finally announced pitchfork was dead I was just like good riddance. it was ground zero for some of that more tumblr-esque internet libby poptivisim poo poo by the mid 10s

pitchfork deserves to burn for inflicting aeroplane over the sea on music culture

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

the milk machine posted:

If I remember correctly this happened after biden won the nomination and after the gross alt-right pigs were using her image in pro-nazi or pro-trump stuff. It was her coming out to say "ew. No."

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Mr Hootington posted:

If I remember correctly this happened after biden won the nomination and after the gross alt-right pigs were using her image in pro-nazi or pro-trump stuff. It was her coming out to say "ew. No."

yeah looks like it was in the late summer 2020

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

the milk machine posted:

She endorsed Phil Bredesen for US Senator back in 2018 and that didn't work out.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

In Training posted:

She's a chud.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Xaris posted:

it’s been very loving weird and annoying to see the past half decade that somehow liking insanely popular thing that needs no promoting or defending because it’s popular by its very definition, is somehow a ‘progressive’ value???

Yup. I enjoy Taylor Swoft songs when I hear them because they're just fairly fun pop songs (Katy Perry is better tho). The fact that she's a chud is just a happy coincidence

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

120 taco tuesdays

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Al! posted:

pitchfork deserves to burn for inflicting aeroplane over the sea on music culture

The hell

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it is time that we, as a culture, reject that white nonsense

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Back in my day, musicians had the good sense to avoid airplanes altogether.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Tricky D posted:

Back in my day, musicians had the good sense to avoid airplanes altogether.

Tell that to the Big Bopper

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
at least john denver had the sense to die in an experimental 2 seater

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

she's being criticized right now for a lot of things. one such thing is that her private plane is responsible for a lot of emissions. another thing is that she has been accused of being a "fence sitter" in regards to the upcoming election between Joe Biden and Donald Trump
she also stole a grammy from a disabled person, i think? like actually physically stole it. on top of acting like an rear end in a top hat drunk at the grammies towards victims of sexual harassment.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

she also stole a grammy from a disabled person, i think? like actually physically stole it. on top of acting like an rear end in a top hat drunk at the grammies towards victims of sexual harassment.

Celine Dion?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Rushing to associate my name and image with the right senile rapist

MeatwadIsGod posted:

She did a Turner Diaries rock opera
lol

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Trabisnikof posted:

Celine Dion?
Precisely. A premonition of what President Swift will do to Canada in 2029.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Jesus

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

:gas:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007