Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Just watch this instead, it looks as dumb and I don't think Michael Flatley is a sex creep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E0v_erceog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Spacey being in it is a feature not a bug. This disgraced actor who you can’t deny was good at his job just acting circles around this no budget cast is hilarious. I must see it when someone puts it on a plex

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Really liking this more than the first teaser.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I get the sense that Kevin Spacey is channeling Chris Sabian for what he is treating in his head as a spiritual sequel to The Negotiator, except instead of Samuel L Jackson being framed for something, now Sabian himself has been framed and has to clear his name by whatever means possible.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

bows1 posted:

Really liking this more than the first teaser.

That’s the only trailer

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

CelticPredator posted:

That’s the only trailer

lol wow it is the same one...

well I still like it more this time than the first time I watched it. Not sure why

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
This is another horror trailer that looks good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AsNzcrDnYQ

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sure ok let’s make more of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPY7J-flzE8

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Wizchine posted:

This is another horror trailer that looks good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AsNzcrDnYQ

An interesting concept but my god it looks like it was made on a shoestring budget. Execution looks very cheap and not good.

I never saw the second, but this looks fun.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How does this trailer feel so long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YTDrpqAL34

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The QUIET series is like really competently made, but the story stuff with the munsters is really hard to swallow given their "weakness". They just gonna have them steamroll the world on Day one huh?

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
The quiet premise felt at its limits for me by the end of the first film. It was fun enough but then they kept making more movies. Never saw the second one.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

The music choice I think? Like I’m all for juxtaposing incongruously mellow or laid back tunes with intensity or violence or what have you, but just didn’t work for me in this instance, which is disappointing since I hadn’t heard of this and it certainly looks interesting.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There should make kitkat commericals where people keep dying from the boring aliens from quiet place because they keep breaking kitkats to share them. OK give me money commercial makers.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I like these old 70s trailers
https://youtu.be/jeTXt2Ac3og?si=Yw_yyVCiJKV_8CIk

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

checkplease posted:

The quiet premise felt at its limits for me by the end of the first film. It was fun enough but then they kept making more movies. Never saw the second one.

Somebody just spoil me because I will never watch any of these sequels but, I thought the monsters were a solved problem by the end of the first one?

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design

Sirotan posted:

Somebody just spoil me because I will never watch any of these sequels but, I thought the monsters were a solved problem by the end of the first one?

Spoilers I guess??

A chunk of 2 is just flashback to when the monsters first land and them destroying the local town/killing everyone and the other half is the remaining family leaving the farm because it's been destroyed and making their way to an island sanctuary (which is fine until a monster latches onto the boat that brings them to the Island and starts killing people there too). That's resolved by the girl using her hearing aid feedback and putting it through the local radio system, that's then kind of left that 'oh if anybody picks up this noise/signal over radio they can use it to fight them' too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

I like these old 70s trailers

Here's a 2024 trailer referencing those!
https://twitter.com/IFCFilms/status/1755274125579579695?t=sm50uGjNE17dDMFtK1bOgg&s=19

Late Night With The Devil is a fuckin real one

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

BonoMan posted:

From the director of the Nicolas Cage indie Pig, of all people.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Here's a 2024 trailer referencing those!
https://twitter.com/IFCFilms/status/1755274125579579695?t=sm50uGjNE17dDMFtK1bOgg&s=19

Late Night With The Devil is a fuckin real one
I was enjoying that teaser but the AI art in the title cards took me right out.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

imnotinsane posted:

Just watch this instead, it looks as dumb and I don't think Michael Flatley is a sex creep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E0v_erceog

Not sure if it falls into sex creep category, but he would sex the majority of his dancers after a show. Much like magic johnson using sex to calm down after games.

Michael needed to relax.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
im gunna watch that ninja movie because its got loving ninjas

if i remember

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Philthy posted:

im gunna watch that ninja movie because its got loving ninjas

if i remember

When will the world be ready for the American Ninja reboot it needs.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sorry, I'm waiting for the Gymkata reboot.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

When the world finds someone ready to fill Michael Dudikoff's shoes

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Very unfortunate that Lupita Nyongo's career stalled out so bad that she has to be in dreck like this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Those movies make bank.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Bank or not, they're bad movies that are thinly veiled Krasinski vanity projects.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All that matters is how much they make though lol

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What are you talking about she's Maz Katana, popular and beloved character from everyone's favorite movies

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

This looks like a job for a ninja.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BonoMan posted:

An interesting concept but my god it looks like it was made on a shoestring budget. Execution looks very cheap and not good.

It looks fine???? It probably was made on a shoestring budget because it’s not a Disney film lmao

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Philthy posted:

This looks like a job for a ninja.

A house of ninjas could save the world

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

What are you talking about she's Maz Katana, popular and beloved character from everyone's favorite movies
They should have given her a katana, then maybe she'd be memorable

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CelticPredator posted:

It looks fine???? It probably was made on a shoestring budget because it’s not a Disney film lmao

I don't know.. on phone maybe but when I watched it on my desktop, it just looked cheaply shot and lit and the lead wasn't selling me. Like... Not Peter Five Eight bad. But there doesn't seem to be any atmosphere for a concept that should be dripping in it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

CelticPredator posted:

Those movies make bank.

they're also very highly regarded critically too! Weird to suggest this is somehow slumming it.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I liked both Quiet Places on the whole. There were some flaws but they mostly worked from moment to moment and had momentum, like a mid-tier Shyamalan movie. The flashback in 2 was the best part so I'm on board for an extension of that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just in case anyone saw Quiet Place at home and doesn't know what the fuss is about the in-theater experience is wild. You can hear a pin drop and people are riveted.

I've mentioned a few times in here that studios are seeking films that are event films that will get people into theaters and this certainly qualifies.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kiimo posted:

Just in case anyone saw Quiet Place at home and doesn't know what the fuss is about the in-theater experience is wild. You can hear a pin drop and people are riveted.

I've mentioned a few times in here that studios are seeking films that are event films that will get people into theaters and this certainly qualifies.

I would not trust theatre audiences with this anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That was definitely true of my audience when I saw the first one in 2018, but then again, I saw it at a local indie theater and not a multiplex. It was really effective, though. Hearing sounds after getting out of that movie felt wrong, like it was going to summon monsters.