Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al! posted:

absolutely no way they do this, id expect the samson option before them lighting this tnt under their own rear end

It's a hell of a way to raise the stakes and guarantee the US supports them no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Frosted Flake posted:

It's a hell of a way to raise the stakes and guarantee the US supports them no matter what.

destroying the Al-Aqsa would “raise the stakes” in the same way as invading Poland and Germany would be for Russia. it would be an insanely foolish move that is probably one of the only things that could provoke the US to drop Israel as a client state. the alternative would be an oil embargo that would make the 70s look like a hiccup.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Al! posted:

absolutely no way they do this, id expect the samson option before them lighting this tnt under their own rear end

ive always assumed that is what the samson option really is. if israel is invaded and looks to lose, they nuke every muslim holy site out of spite

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

destroying the Al-Aqsa would “raise the stakes” in the same way as invading Poland and Germany would be for Russia. it would be an insanely foolish move that is probably one of the only things that could provoke the US to drop Israel as a client state. the alternative would be an oil embargo that would make the 70s look like a hiccup.

why would america give a poo poo about the al aqsa mosque? israel is starving like 2 million people to death and shooting and bombing tens of thousands of civilians, half of which are children

america doesn't think of muslims as human unless they've donated money to the democrats, i don't see any reason anyone in power would give a poo poo about another building being destroyed. they don't need muslims on their side as far as they're concerned.

i get the idea that it would be a self-destructive insane move for israel but israel is an insane self-destructive fascist state, and america is on the other side of the world and being run by people who don't believe in material reality. it being a bad idea certainly won't stop them from sending unlimited money.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

They would just have to go "Whoops, a Hamas rocket went waaaaaay off course and blew up the mosque."

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

Retromancer posted:

They would just have to go "Whoops, a Hamas rocket went waaaaaay off course and blew up the mosque."

and they'd say that anyone who doesn't believe it is anti-semetic. material reality doesn't matter to the people in power and those who support them, the only thing that matters is following the state department line

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Flournival Dixon posted:

why would america give a poo poo about the al aqsa mosque? israel is starving like 2 million people to death and shooting and bombing tens of thousands of civilians, half of which are children

america doesn't think of muslims as human unless they've donated money to the democrats, i don't see any reason anyone in power would give a poo poo about another building being destroyed. they don't need muslims on their side as far as they're concerned.

i get the idea that it would be a self-destructive insane move for israel but israel is an insane self-destructive fascist state, and america is on the other side of the world and being run by people who don't believe in material reality. it being a bad idea certainly won't stop them from sending unlimited money.

America isn’t capable of defending Israel in a war on Islam, that’s why. Even with unlimited money.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

America isn’t capable of defending Israel in a war on Islam, that’s why. Even with unlimited money.

well yeah i'm sure there's plenty of guys in the military who would agree with that, but the people with the majority of political power in the US don't think in terms of material capability and physical reality.

america is undefeatable to them and the will of the american state is what dictates reality, it doesn't matter what's actually real to them. they'd keep up the funding and watch israel burn and then blame it on trump and anti-semetic zoomers or whatever.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

America has been winning the war on Christmas

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Flournival Dixon posted:

America can't maintain its compradors in the middle east if it also backs a country that just declared war on every Muslim in the world. Everything it has been working to achieve in the region since the end of Cold War will fall apart. They're not that insane.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flournival Dixon posted:

well yeah i'm sure there's plenty of guys in the military who would agree with that, but the people with the majority of political power in the US don't think in terms of material capability and physical reality.

america is undefeatable to them and the will of the american state is what dictates reality, it doesn't matter what's actually real to them. they'd keep up the funding and watch israel burn and then blame it on trump and anti-semetic zoomers or whatever.

if Ben gvir decided to be epic and blow up Al Aqsa there’s going to be a CIA White House intern pointing a gun at Biden’s head and telling him to make some calls.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
America couldn’t back its own ships crossing the Red Sea either and israel is still gonna get a bunch of your tax money. I could easily see Ben-gvir and Netanyahu thinking they can escalate this ‘safely’ getting US troops there by tossing a missile then mining out the mosque since they did it to dozens of other religious centers and hospitals

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Ben Gvir isn't gonna destroy Al-Aqsa, but with him in charge of civil security, it would be extremely unsurprising if he sends in Magav to provoke people gathering there to pray.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

if Ben gvir decided to be epic and blow up Al Aqsa there’s going to be a CIA White House intern pointing a gun at Biden’s head and telling him to make some calls.

i mean i guess i just don't know that the CIA still has the kissinger type realpolitik guys left these days, it feels like the empire has bought entirely into it's own propaganda

maybe i'm just being optimistic but the empire's been dying so obviously in such plain sight since 2022 that i just feel like they've emptied out all the competent people

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I think people itt are underestimating the blowback from destroying the Al-Aqsa. The immediate results would be either 1) Israel and Saudi Arabia declare war on Israel or 2) those countries having violent revolutions and then declaring war on Israel. every country with a significant Muslim population would face enormous unrest; every Muslim majority country would either declare war on Israel or have a civil
war triggered by their refusal to do so. oil would hit $200 a barrel. it would be one of the most politically destabilizing global events since the end of WW2.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
She also doesn't have a magazine in the gun. It's just an e-girl psyop for the gullible like the op.

Waiting for the video of Hamas Hang-glider commandos flying over the wall.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the USA couldn’t help Ukraine at all and that was with NATO helping too

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

more like surströmmingposting

Surströmmfront

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flournival Dixon posted:

i mean i guess i just don't know that the CIA still has the kissinger type realpolitik guys left these days, it feels like the empire has bought entirely into it's own propaganda

maybe i'm just being optimistic but the empire's been dying so obviously in such plain sight since 2022 that i just feel like they've emptied out all the competent people

Deep states don’t like it when everything they’ve built for decades is thrown down the drain by a dying old man with The Raid on Entebbe playing in his head every time he wakes up.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sancho Banana posted:

E: oh and no changes with regards to Haredim being exempted lol

quote:

Upon the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, universal conscription was instituted for all able-bodied Jewish males. However, the nation's population of military-aged Haredi men were exempted from service in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) under the Torato Umanuto arrangement, which officially granted deferred entry into the IDF for yeshiva students, but in practice allowed young Haredi men to serve for a significantly reduced period of time or bypass military service altogether.

quote:

By 2030, the Haredi Jewish community is projected to make up 16% of the total population, and by 2065, a third of the Israeli population.[157]

lol israel is doomed to extinction just from the haredim military exemptions

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

euphronius posted:

strange that everyone brought the same tent

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol israel is doomed to extinction just from the haredim military exemptions

That's a legit fear that the secular middle/upper class has, and which their media doesn't shy away from talking about. Not just because of exemptions, but also because of other religious laws Haredim might put into practice.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I think people itt are underestimating the blowback from destroying the Al-Aqsa. The immediate results would be either 1) Israel and Saudi Arabia declare war on Israel or 2) those countries having violent revolutions and then declaring war on Israel. every country with a significant Muslim population would face enormous unrest; every Muslim majority country would either declare war on Israel or have a civil
war triggered by their refusal to do so. oil would hit $200 a barrel. it would be one of the most politically destabilizing global events since the end of WW2.

Vs

"Nah, it won't. It's just another church, how bad could it be?" - US/Israel government officials

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

euphronius posted:

strange that everyone brought the same tent

At least they have one each. Can you imagine if they had to share

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I doubt it. Israel's genociding millions of Palestinians on Egypt's doorstep and yet it was South Africa that brought the case to the ICJ rather than any Muslim country.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

These dumb idiots are going to get themselves killed. Also, the IDF is just allowing this to happen? Of loving course they are. And while they are rolling tanks in and out of Gaza lol.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

kinda telling that there is not a single i/p or even foreign policy article on the msnbc mainpage

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I keep reading Haredrim as Haradrim and wondering why the horse lords of Rohan would refuse to fight.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OctaMurk posted:

I doubt it. Israel's genociding millions of Palestinians on Egypt's doorstep and yet it was South Africa that brought the case to the ICJ rather than any Muslim country.

you all really have no clue what Al Aqsa means to Muslims.

the worst I think Ben gvir could do is force his way into Al Aqsa for a photo op where he smirks like a serial killer with that loving kippah on

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Retromancer posted:

I keep reading Haredrim as Haradrim and wondering why the horse lords of Rohan would refuse to fight.

uh, the horselords were called the rohirrim. the haradrim were eastern men that supported sauron.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

you all really have no clue what Al Aqsa means to Muslims.

the worst I think Ben gvir could do is force his way into Al Aqsa for a photo op where he smirks like a serial killer with that loving kippah on

Thats the worst ben gvir does now, I agree. But imo I bet that zionist extremists will launch a major terrorist attack on Al Aqsa, and maybe destroy the dome of the rock, in the next decade or so. The fact that the loving IDF had an exercise in which they had to deal with settlers kidnapping Palestinians, shows thats the Israeli security forces at this point know that the extremism has cut this deep

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Ardent Communist posted:

uh, the horselords were called the rohirrim. the haradrim were eastern men that supported sauron.

gently caress

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Someone bought dozens of the same tent and set them up to block the border crossing like traffic cones. Those tents are probably empty.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

OctaMurk posted:

ok try to imagine the mosque is the vatican and italy is owned by muslims and they level it, this might help you grasp the implications

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

ok try to imagine the mosque is the vatican and italy is owned by muslims and they level it, this might help you grasp the implications

Leveling the Vatican is probably the coolest thing Israel could do.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Jel Shaker posted:

yea the whole rear end world would go up in fire over that one i think

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hagia Sophia: still erect

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

*looking at a tefillah*: you have quite a treasure there in that haredi cube

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
heh yeah people don't understand al aqsa's importance in the muslim world
also basically everyone (iran, hezbullah, etc.) mention it and even centralize it's importance in relation to Palestine

also, it's gorgeous in a way only the great religious monuments in every civilization can be. found this article while looking for nice photos of it:

Don’t Airbrush Out Dome of the Rock

quote:

When our 5-year-old daughter, Yael, came home from her Jerusalem school with a children’s Haggadah, telling the Passover story, she was excited to show it to me. I sat at our dining room table with her, delighted in her ability to sing Ha Lachma Anya [“this is the bread of affliction”], the Four Questions, and Dayeinu. Reveling in her skills, her confidence and how much she had learned at school, I experienced the pride of an immigrant father that his children were already reaping the educational and cultural benefits of our aliyah from America less than two years ago.

When Yael and I reached the last page of her Haggadah, my sense of pride and gratitude changed. Beneath the words, “Next Year in the Rebuilt Jerusalem” was a disturbing photo: a deliberately distorted image of the Western Wall with the Dome of the Rock removed from the background.

Blessed is the miracle of Photoshop that can, with a click of a mouse, eliminate a place that is holy to 1.6 billion people and almost 20% of Israel’s citizens. A publisher of children’s educational materials had forced its triumphalist and intolerant fantasy of Jerusalem into our homes and the minds of our children. On the way, they had also deceived kindergarten teachers around the country who only wanted to have a Haggadah for our children to explore and color – and who now unwittingly found themselves in a political and religious minefield.

This was not an image of the Third Temple, a religious aspiration that’s expressed throughout the Haggadah text. No, this was a current-day political and fanatical fantasy surreptitiously inserted into a children’s Haggadah by a publisher of children’s educational materials. This image was not about building, but rather about destroying. The photo was not about what we affirm, but rather about what should be negated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

*looking at kaaba*: you have quite a treasure there in that islamic cube