Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

And George Kittle seems like a cool dude.

9ers seem pretty likable in general other than Bosa being a big dumb chud :shrug: Yeah we all wish it was the Lions but you could do worse. And they probably have the best chance of anyone this year of actually knocking off the Chiefs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

TheKingslayer posted:

And George Kittle seems like a cool dude.

I want to see him win mainly for him to show up on Dynamite and do cool poo poo with Penta :miedo:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mustached Demon posted:

CMC doesn't need that.

He made his choices :colbert:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Docjowles posted:

9ers seem pretty likable in general other than Bosa being a big dumb chud :shrug: Yeah we all wish it was the Lions but you could do worse. And they probably have the best chance of anyone this year of actually knocking off the Chiefs

Bosa even seems to knows to keep his chudiness to himself generally as a pro. Dude's basically just about football.

Not a whole lot of unlikeable on the Niners right now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

And they probably have the best chance of anyone this year of actually knocking off the Chiefs

this made me laugh

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yeah, at this point I don't like the Ravens chances of bouncing KC.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah, at this point I don't like the Ravens chances of bouncing KC.

Look another Kawalius

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

kiimo posted:

this made me laugh

They could always knock themselves out, I guess?

I'm all for a Chiefs meltdown.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Ray Lewis sighs and unsheathes his katana. “Time for one last mission”

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I kinda like the Broncos chances right now. you guys are all asleep at the wheel and don't even know it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
You would never realize reading this forum that the 49ers are favored in this game.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

You would never realize reading this forum that the 49ers are favored in this game.

Because we live in reality.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Grittybeard posted:

Only by degenerate gamblers.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

if the 49ers were favored theyd be the 51ers

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Chiefs were supposed to be vulnerable this year, and they're back in the Super Bowl for the fourth time in five years and facing an inconsistent-looking team that they've already beat in a Super Bowl a few years ago.

49ers have a solid chance if the team that steamrolled the opposition at the start and end of the regular season shows up. On the other hand, it's Patrick Mahomes backed with a strong defense and a solid run game. The pass catchers suck, but the rest of the team still makes up for it.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

if the 49ers were favored theyd be the 51ers

:hmmyes:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mega64 posted:

Chiefs were supposed to be vulnerable this year, and they're back in the Super Bowl for the fourth time in five years and facing an inconsistent-looking team that they've already beat in a Super Bowl a few years ago.

49ers have a solid chance if the team that steamrolled the opposition at the start and end of the regular season shows up. On the other hand, it's Patrick Mahomes backed with a strong defense and a solid run game. The pass catchers suck, but the rest of the team still makes up for it.

:hmmyes:

They were vulnerable but then their WRs remembered to catch the ball

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Remembered Russell Wilson's bread thing Eat The Ball

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Remembered Russell Wilson's bread thing Eat The Ball

People giving him a bad time for that are forgetting that not only was it nutritious, it was also educational.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Coldforge posted:

People giving him a bad time for that are forgetting that not only was it nutritious, it was also educational.

That's exactly right it also made it okay - if not encouraged - to play with one's food

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Anyone who knows anything about football knows that the Chiefs will win, barring a miracle, but I guarantee those whiney fucks will get all emo about being underdogs and nobody believed in this young and inexperienced upstart team that came out of absolutely nowhere to shock the football world by making an almost statistically impossible playoff run that put Eli and Flacco to shame.

I hate that team full of shithead crybaby bitchmade assholes so goddamn much. Next time they're at Hot Topic buying Fall Out Boy shirts I hope the Earth opens up and swallows them all.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Coldforge posted:

Too spicy though

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Black Sunshine posted:

Anyone who knows anything about football knows that the Chiefs will win, barring a miracle, but I guarantee those whiney fucks will get all emo about being underdogs and nobody believed in this young and inexperienced upstart team that came out of absolutely nowhere to shock the football world by making an almost statistically impossible playoff run that put Eli and Flacco to shame.

I hate that team full of shithead crybaby bitchmade assholes so goddamn much. Next time they're at Hot Topic buying Fall Out Boy shirts I hope the Earth opens up and swallows them all.

Both Super Bowl teams have been whining about being underdogs all week. It’s fun being an underdog. Everyone wants that role. It’s motivating!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Pron on VHS posted:

Both Super Bowl teams have been whining about being underdogs all week. It’s fun being an underdog. Everyone wants that role. It’s motivating!

While I understand the need for athletes to characterize themselves as under dogs in order to compete at the insane level required to be a functional NFL player, it will always be obnoxious for perpetual frontrunners like Brady and Mahomes to play that card.

It's much better when dudes go absolutely insane with it like defensive players do. Roquan Smith is genuinely infuriated that the other team even shows up for a Ravens home game. It's an insult that those mother fuckers showed up to perform their contractually mandated duties in MY HOUSE!

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 7, 2024

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I’m pro chiefs because I cannot ever cheer for the 49ers. It’s also really fun to see how mad people get about the chiefs. Also Mahomes is a texas tech guy so guns up.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Pron on VHS posted:

plus everyone online is desperately afraid of doing a reverse jinx even though they would never admit to being superstitious

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Given how TFF felt about the Ravens two weeks ago I'm guessing the Chiefs get destroyed this game.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's much better when dudes go absolutely insane with it like defensive players do. Roquan Smith is genuinely infuriated that the other team even shows up for a Ravens home game. It's an insult that those mother fuckers showed up to perform their contractually mandated duties in MY HOUSE!

Yea it's great, one time Richard Sherman lied to his team claiming Baker Mayfield didn't shake his hand at the coin flip.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 7, 2024

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

OneMoreTime posted:

Given how TFF felt about the Ravens two weeks ago I'm guessing the Chiefs get destroyed this game.

Yeah but the John Harbaugh+Lamar Jackson braintrust isn't working this game.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Yea it's great, one time Richard Sherman lied to his team claiming Baker Mayfield didn't shake his hand at the coin flip.

49ers Legend Richard Kevin Sherman once claimed Jim Harbaugh chased the Seahawks' visitors bus in his car. He was the best, we'll never see his like again.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This feels on paper as close of a Super Bowl you can get. 49ers being the favorite probably seems right, but only just slightly. Anyone thinking the Chiefs are gonna roll is just operating on vibes and narrative.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Why don't we ever get QBs like that? Just one time I want a QB to his team before a playoff game about how the other team's star pass rusher swatted his grandma's house or something.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Philip Rivers retired, so you'll have to wait for his son to get drafted.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Philips Rivers can almost field a team with his kids.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah but the John Harbaugh+Lamar Jackson braintrust isn't working this game.

but Kyle Shananhan

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Bosa even seems to knows to keep his chudiness to himself generally as a pro. Dude's basically just about football.

Not a whole lot of unlikeable on the Niners right now.

They're the Niners. Their very existence is unlikeable. And plenty of them signed contracts as free agents so the stink is all their own.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Nervous posted:

They're the Niners. Their very existence is unlikeable. And plenty of them signed contracts as free agents so the stink is all their own.

Hard disagree. Niners are cool and good and my friends.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Asproigerosis posted:

How could anyone have ever doubted the most Raiders rear end head coach hire possible?

Powerful 'patients/coworkers telling me how great their chiropractor is despite years of back pain imaging that never resolves' energy.

to be overly fair, the people who've recommended a chiropractor to me only talk about how they sort out their back once a week/month so they can go to work and not be horking down nsaids every 3 hours. back stuff is hosed to deal with so temporary pain relief probably feels like a miracle

Harlock posted:

This feels on paper as close of a Super Bowl you can get. 49ers being the favorite probably seems right, but only just slightly. Anyone thinking the Chiefs are gonna roll is just operating on vibes and narrative.

yeah unless Purdy or Shanahan fully melt down it'll be a tough win either way

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Rivers reportedly was with the Chargers before the playoff game vs Jacksonville last year.

So yeah.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

Rivers reportedly was with the Chargers before the playoff game vs Jacksonville last year.

So yeah.

Glad to see that Philip was doing his part to perpetuate the Chargers postseason curse by simply being there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Hard disagree. Niners are cool and good and my friends.

I'm sorry your parents failed you.