Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i think more goons are upset to the damage to the toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Xaris posted:

hmmm sounds like something a CHUD would say. let’s get em boys (trump thread druggie degens)

I can already hear the keening

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Panfilo posted:

When my wife got an epidural it was done by some anesthesiologist doctor who spend more time asking "you pinky promise you want this you understand the risks bla bla bla" than the procedure itself, which just looked like someone popping an HDMI cable in the back of a TV in regards to how quick and effortlessly it happened.

idk I think the person sticking a needle into the spine of people writhing with labor pains is probably skilled labor

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Chad Sexington posted:

idk I think the person sticking a needle into the spine of people writhing with labor pains is probably skilled labor

Also, their wages are highest in part to offset the fact that their insurance costs are highest, because it's incredibly easy to kill someone by loving up anesthesia.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Chad Sexington posted:

also lol it is a bigass needle

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nybble posted:

My mom is a school nurse and said they had an incident where a toilet broke in the middle school. They took it apart and found a pot vape pen. Not great!

This is almost as bad as when someone didn't put out their cigarette and caught the middle school bathroom trash can on fire!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Gorson posted:

Can't imagine being a teacher at a public school right now when a big percentage of the parents think you have been installed there by George Soros or whoever specifically to groom their child.

/r/teachers has a story a day about a teacher or a substitute being assaulted or a kid bringing a straight up gun to school and administration doing zero about it, if anything they blame the teacher for getting in the way of the fist/thrown chair.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

skooma512 posted:

/r/teachers has a story a day about a teacher or a substitute being assaulted or a kid bringing a straight up gun to school and administration doing zero about it, if anything they blame the teacher for getting in the way of the fist/thrown chair.

I'm so glad my mom was able to retire five years ago. She said it was really bad in her last few years and doesn't know how young teachers are putting up with it.

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

piss guzzler 420 posted:

anarchist spotted

no dude i like felix guitary and giels da loose

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ArmedZombie posted:

the trump thread is all chuds though.

It's true, I love Donald J. Trump and would like him to kiss me

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's true, I love Donald J. Trump and would like him to kiss me

:mods:

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
ughh things are getting worse the apocalypse is almost here, i hope i can still get my high blood pressure meds from a lifestyle of eating garbage at my desk

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

skooma512 posted:

i also believe what i read on reddit

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I believe in everything, and folks, everything is dumb as gently caress

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

People should not consume marijuana until their mid twenties due to increased risk of schizophrenia secondary to how it impacts the cannabinoid receptor during neuro remodeling

legal weed confirmed for gen x dads basically

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The poo poo & Piss 500 hit 4999.89 today. President Brandon has successfully made the number go up.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Panfilo posted:

When my wife got an epidural it was done by some anesthesiologist doctor who spend more time asking "you pinky promise you want this you understand the risks bla bla bla" than the procedure itself, which just looked like someone popping an HDMI cable in the back of a TV in regards to how quick and effortlessly it happened.

Medical field in general often feels like the tedious and difficult tasks are performed by the lowbies, only for the top dog to come in, poke around for 5mins and go "mm hmm looks good". Same with dentists, outside of actual extensive repairs they just come in after the hygenist is done, poke your teeth a bit with a spiky tool then move on.

yeah it 5 mins of work with decades of study/experience backing it up, which it why is so dangerous when people think oh hey that looks easy maybe i should do X myself and save a few bucks…

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

SKULL.GIF posted:

The poo poo & Piss 500 hit 4999.89 today. President Brandon has successfully made the number go up.

thank you nvda and mikeysoft 🙏🏽

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/NickTimiraos/status/1755262538252452277?t=h9EaYevzLcRdp7MgbQjrhg&s=19

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

piss guzzler 420 posted:

i also believe what i read on reddit

you're right dude everything seems fine

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

skooma512 posted:

My mom recently retired from being a school counselor and things really are much worse nowadays in public schooling than they were 2 or 3 decades ago. These stories don't surprise me one single bit.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you're right dude everything seems fine
exactly it’s fine. it’s the same as it’s always been and always will be *insert smug Socrates quote about children*

end of history ftw bitches. it’s time to admit Fukuyama was right

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Beached Whale posted:

Time to buy the homeless what they really need, stocks

https://twitter.com/JennWrenStanley/status/1755020478765543828

Soon this will be reaching parity with the US incarcerated population. It makes me wonder if at some point being imprisoned looks like an attractive alternative to being destitute on the streets for some folks. While that's still an option and not mandatory I mean.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

end of history ftw

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

someone has to jerk off the sex robots

your honor the records show that all my computer touching was consensual

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/06/business/mcdonalds-prices/index.html

$3 for a single McDonald’s hash brown? Customers are fed up and pushing back

New York
CNN

At McDonald’s, which has repeatedly boasted about its ability to raise menu prices without denting sales, executives are finally acknowledging that customers need a break.

----

That’s putting pressure on lower-income consumers, a vital base for the chain.

“We actually saw that cohort” — customers making $45,000 or less — “decrease in the most recent quarter,” he added.

Kempczinski didn’t offer details on the timing or size of any price cuts. But his focus on affordability marked a shift from just a few months ago, when he boasted that US menu prices, which went up as much as 10% in 2023 alone, weren’t deterring sales.

“Even though we’re pushing through pricing, the consumer is tolerating it well,” he said in October analyst call.

In a statement to CNN, McDonald’s declined to comment on specific price cuts but reiterated its commitment to providing affordable options to consumers.

----

Still, up until recently, McDonald’s found most customers were still willing to pay. And even now, wealthier customers appear undeterred, Kempczinski said Monday.

The premium consumer remains undettered

I guess people are finally realizing what a joke MCD is now. They have a 1,2,3 "dollar" menu that has nothing under a dollar. I haven't been into one in a year and I went to get a small coffee and got to browse the menu on the kiosk. They playing everybody so bad lmao.

The app deals also suck, don't tell me about no app deals.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

McDonald's is for computer touchers now.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I wanted to kick the kiosk screen in. Is that touching computers?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

what the hell, I actually owe taxes for the first time in my life instead of get money back. I even bought a drat house, I thought that was supposed to help

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

time for you to download the app

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

blue squares posted:

what the hell, I actually owe taxes for the first time in my life instead of get money back. I even bought a drat house, I thought that was supposed to help

owned

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

blue squares posted:

This was changed, so if you live in a place with state/local taxes to have like a barely functional civil system, you got hosed by tax changes basically.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

blue squares posted:

skill issue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

blue squares posted:

No sympathy here OP.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

My mom recently retired from being a school counselor and things really are much worse nowadays in public schooling than they were 2 or 3 decades ago. These stories don't surprise me one single bit.

Yeah. people really underestimate the social contract being completely destroyed in the usa.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
fortnight:

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1755338703394808026

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

why the gently caress does it need investment in any way, it should be a money printing factory

are they just burning every dollar on that lovely game store

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

didn’t they ban this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Have you guys considered working in healthcare :negcycle:

Yes. I was an x-ray tech and spent 6 years doing only rural jobs. I pivoted to studying computer touching because while healthcare has jobs, it did not have a job I liked enough for me. Skill issue, I know..