Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Now that Bluesky is open to filthy casuals I created an account. Don't know what to do from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

dirty shrimp money posted:

Now that Bluesky is open to filthy casuals I created an account. Don't know what to do from here.

Find another goon and connect to all their accounts? There’s a few of us there but I rarely post.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ahahahahaha

https://x.com/tonybeast1066/status/1373512092809097219?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Twitter might be broke again.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 7, 2024

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Page is gone.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hamburger

https://twitter.com/TonyBeast1066/status/1373512092809097219

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Also gone lol

That bad huh?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Weird, it's working for me. It's this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12H43CJexQo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
FizFashizzle is right, TwitterX is broken. I was able to access Kalli's link but that literally just died after watching it.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Paging A Neat Cape (or anyone else with knowledge of the area) for restaurant recommendations if we're staying here for a few days: https://maps.app.goo.gl/weh1K5jxxdWsmRg29

We're visiting from Minnesota, so seafood/sushi or whatever else is in short supply here in the landlocked north would be appreciated.

Also any fun stuff to do as tourists that we could potentially walk to. We will have a car and plan to go to the zoo one day. It looks like there could be a lot in the Central Park looking area near the zoo, but we don't know which ones are cool or which are duds.

e: Late, but my ringtone is the shop music from Mario Odyssey because it's a jam, and I hear it about once every six months when a non-spam call happens to come through when my phone isn't on silent

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 7, 2024

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Old ACT memories: I missed two questions about trapezoids. I'm still mad. gently caress trapezoids

Bluesky is aggressively mediocre. There's no video, so no quick sports highlights, which was like 98% of what I used twitter for.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Paging A Neat Cape (or anyone else with knowledge of the area) for restaurant recommendations if we're staying here for a few days: https://maps.app.goo.gl/weh1K5jxxdWsmRg29

We're visiting from Minnesota, so seafood/sushi or whatever else is in short supply here in the landlocked north would be appreciated.

Also any fun stuff to do as tourists that we could potentially walk to. We will have a car and plan to go to the zoo one day. It looks like there could be a lot in the Central Park looking area near the zoo, but we don't know which ones are cool or which are duds.

e: Late, but my ringtone is the shop music from Mario Odyssey because it's a jam, and I hear it about once every six months when a non-spam call happens to come through when my phone isn't on silent

We usually hit Mission Bay and the Botanical Gardens, but we’re just dirty Angelenos on a day trip

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

trevorreznik posted:

Bluesky is aggressively mediocre. There's no video, so no quick sports highlights, which was like 98% of what I used twitter for.

Yeah this is the main problem with it. You can at least embed youtube videos now if you know how I think? Maybe? But I haven't seen it take off and the sports people over there I've found are mainly writers hanging out bullshitting.

Other than that it's like a big chat thread divvied up into other retweets reskeets because the way the algorithm works favors that behavior (there are good reasons for this that I don't understand, I'm never going to be big on social media). Feeds make you see things you might want to chat about if you seek them out but that's all it is really. I mean it's fine for what it is, there are some good ideas there, but for a mostly sports guy it's just a distraction to look at now and then.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Cs get degrees baby

As the saying goes, "What do you call the person who graduated last in their class from med school?" Doctor

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

As the saying goes, "What do you call the person who graduated last in their class from med school?" Primary Care

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Remember how dumb the whole "Well, the left has Taylor Swift so we'll break out Kid Rock" idea was. Found something even dumber in the Idiots on Social Media thread.

It's a genuine article. https://www.theblaze.com/columns/opinion/sure-the-left-has-taylor-swift-but-we-have-catturd

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Air Skwirl posted:

Don't go skiing, that's how we lost Sonny Bono

I'm seriously considering a helmet. But I live ~90 minutes from Banff proper, I can't pass it up!

Fifty Three posted:

Hell yeah, remember to stretch before and after. Which Banff resort? I've only skied Lake Louise up there but I loved it, downtown Banff is great too.

Thinking Norquay as it's the most affordable and has night skiing. But Costco has discounted lift tickets! My membership lapsed years ago, but people sell unused ones on FB marketplace.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Air Skwirl posted:

Remember how dumb the whole "Well, the left has Taylor Swift so we'll break out Kid Rock" idea was. Found something even dumber in the Idiots on Social Media thread.

It's a genuine article. https://www.theblaze.com/columns/opinion/sure-the-left-has-taylor-swift-but-we-have-catturd

To be fair, that's also possibly the least stupid article on the Blaze, as all their sports culture poo poo is by Jason Whitlock.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Puppy update, puppy wants to cuddle

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nervous posted:

I appreciate the pupdate

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The Central Park looking area is Balboa Park. Absolutely tons of museums and cool stuff to look at. Big recommended. The aviation museum and museum of man are my favorites.

You're also close to the USS Midway, which is a super cool tour too.

Edgewater Grill and Sally's Fish House in Seaport village are great for local seafood. Hi Poke is in the same area if that's your thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kalli posted:

To be fair, that's also possibly the least stupid article on the Blaze, as all their sports culture poo poo is by Jason Whitlock.

Least stupid article on the Blaze is a bar so low I couldn't trip on it even if I tried.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

espn was talking about having a direct stream available later this year or next

maybe this is it

nah, this is it

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1755341105665568954?s=46

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nervous posted:

Give that good dog a treat!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I got punched at work today.

Surprised it took this long after all the poo poo I pulled when I worked in IT.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
FF7:Rebirth demo out 👀

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Well, do tell us the story

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I got punched at work today.

Surprised it took this long after all the poo poo I pulled when I worked in IT.

Oh baby. Time to smite someone with a D cylinder.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm gonna have to wait at least a whole goddamn year for this because I don't want to drop $5-600 on a ps5, and there is no chance I'm going to be able to avoid spoilers :negative:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Manoueverable posted:

I'm gonna have to wait at least a whole goddamn year for this because I don't want to drop $5-600 on a ps5, and there is no chance I'm going to be able to avoid spoilers :negative:

You could buy one used - non disc version for ~$400 but then yeah you’d have to buy the first game then rebirth and that puts you back in that $500 range….

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

You're worried about spoilers for a remake of a game that came out 27 years ago?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Manoueverable posted:

Yeah, between Tekken 8 and Rebirth I decided to start saving spare cash for a PS5, and of course I haven't had any since I had the thought :negative:

Air Skwirl posted:

You're worried about spoilers for a remake of a game that came out 27 years ago?

I mean, it's not a pure remake

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Air Skwirl posted:

The basic storyline is there but they’ve changed some of it (so far) and there’s other stuff they’ve added too. It’s not a 1:1 remake.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Yeah the first game made it pretty clear that Square Enix is incorporating all of the Extend Universe stuff they've done back into the original game and then going nuts from there so it's definitely not a 1:1 remake.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

How many goddamn times do they need to tell FF7 jesus

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Its Rinaldo posted:

FF7 kicked it off and now we get poo poo like Skyrim being released in 100 different ways just to suck every last cent out of customers

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Its Rinaldo posted:

This is still the second time. This is just the next game - it’s a huge rear end story in total. I think it’ll be three games in all.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If Batman's parents can die 75 different times, we can have a few more tellings about the good guy ecoterrorists

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth fuckin owns so much

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth fuckin owns so much

Yeah, I bought it and then went... awh hell I fell off of The Man Who Erased his Name like halfway through, I should really finish that to see why Kiryu's here and finally beat that over the weekend.

So now I can finally get back to Infinite Wealth and awh damnit, I downloaded and installed Persona 3 Reload

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just gimme some Triple Triand dammit