Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Wait so the first time i had whataburger like 10 years ago and it was already loving awful. How bad is it now? Because it was bad mickey d's quality back then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

When a Shake Shack opened nearby saw everyone carrying take out bags and went to see what the hubbub was about. I liked the burger but it felt small and didn’t get many fries, overall not great value but I’d go back if someone wanted.

Dough Zone on the other hand is fast becoming my favorite, get so much premium food for excellent price super fast & they always have new delicious items. Plus Costco sells their gift cards.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Stravag posted:

Wait so the first time i had whataburger like 10 years ago and it was already loving awful. How bad is it now? Because it was bad mickey d's quality back then

*very tall man from the Simpsons voice* this is the nicest burger that lovely Texas franchises can afford. Should I therefore be made the subject of fun?

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I'm just happy that Kris Kristofferson outlived Toby Keith.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hyrax Attack! posted:

When a Shake Shack opened nearby saw everyone carrying take out bags and went to see what the hubbub was about. I liked the burger but it felt small and didn’t get many fries, overall not great value but I’d go back if someone wanted.

Dough Zone on the other hand is fast becoming my favorite, get so much premium food for excellent price super fast & they always have new delicious items. Plus Costco sells their gift cards.

Shake Shack needs to get its rear end up here to BC. Just reading this post has me craving a double shackburger with bacon cheese fries.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Stravag posted:

That sounds like a bad whataburger. That said, a large part of it is the novelty of having jalapenos on a fast food burger.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Shaddak posted:

I'm just happy that Kris Kristofferson outlived Toby Keith.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

All psyc research have always shown the same thing, the singular factor that discourages crime is the perceived probability of the actors success. So not even getting caught, only "will this work". It doesn't need to have any connection with reality either, only belief and messaging that you won't get the door open/hit that scary dude before he hits you/etc.

In short, we need to attack these children's self confidence. Make these self important american pocket monsters more german or korean!

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 8, 2024

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Make PSAs with BMX riders dodging murderous teen drivers.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

bird food bathtub posted:

People have always been lovely and some subsection of people have always done shittier, more violent things to each other. We just have the internet now to get a 24/7 newsblast into our earballs telling us how lovely it is everywhere.

gotta disagree.

I dont think you can pull the rug out from the middle class like this country has, and not start to mass produce children who lack any real stability. Those children without present parents, efficient schools, with no real purpose in life, and all the guns and drugs theyll ever need are going to find somewhere and something to redirect that energy. For a lot of these kids, Covid and the lockdowns is their starting point of getting wrapped up in crime/degeneracy as it gave them nothing but time and opportunity to organize and/or detach from the little structure that many of them had at home.

As a PNW resident, it baffles me how theres no real outreach to these kids to get them engaged in the outdoors, tech, or even working at Bezos warehouses or at the ports. Especially baffling seeing as how seattle in the midst of an outright gang war in the Rainier Valley, Tukwila, and between the housing projects of New Holly and Yesler.

Efforts from progressives target pacifying the criminal justice system (and dont get me wrong, cops suck and jail fixes NOTHING) but the issue is, what good is a slap on the wrist when many of these kids are the children of dirt poor East African refugees and all of their friends/brothers/cousins/uncles are in organized crime? These kids need to be pipelined into systems of stability well before theyre old and established enough to be "active".

Knives Amilli fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 8, 2024

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Yeah COVID definitely did a huge amount of harm to kids that were already on the margins of society. There are a lot of other factors at play with every kid being on social media / having a smartphone / consuming huge amounts of generally awful media that I imagine works in conjunction to produce some very dire outcomes.

It seems like most major cities are contending with some very serious problems pertaining to drug addiction and homelessness. It's a much more visibly lawless situation that I can really ever recall growing up around. I think the Pandemic is going to be a negative inflection point for a lot of social issues that were just allowed to fester and persist after the lockdowns ended.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 8, 2024

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Knives Amilli posted:

theres no real outreach to these kids to get them engaged in the outdoors, tech, or even working at Bezos warehouses

And you believe that such a thing would result in fewer maladjusted young people?

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 8, 2024

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://www.military.com/daily-news...e-base.html?amp

2 Fort Myer Soldiers Arrested and Charged with Stealing LGBTQ+ Pride Flags from House Beside Base

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pine Cone Jones posted:

2 Fort Myer Soldiers Arrested and Charged with Stealing LGBTQ+ Pride Flags from House Beside Base

The ghost of Otto Warmbier possessed them to do it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pine Cone Jones posted:

snowflake poo poo

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
drat bummed hearing that Whataburger sold out. Double meat no cheese with grilled jalapenos is one of my traveling comfort foods. Almost everything on the menu sucks but that just hits right.

Best drat one I ever had was off of I-10 in New Mexico. Been chasing that dragon for 20 years but even the average ones satisfy.

Still I understand that some people don't like it, it's been a very divisive subject. I can't stand In-and-Out burgers and to some people that makes me a goo-brained heretic.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Someone please update me on the status of Blake’s Lotaburger.

TIA

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i love Blake's. great burgers and all the aesthetics of a syrian prison

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

i love Blake's. great burgers and all the aesthetics of a syrian prison

It just shows that they Caro bout their customers.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

pantslesswithwolves posted:

:vince:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Platystemon posted:

Someone please update me on the status of Blake’s Lotaburger.

TIA

I had a green chili cheeseburger at a Blake’s outside of Carlsbad in 2021. It was good.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

:thurman:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:wow: :lol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Pine Cone Jones posted:

So what kind of punishment for their dumbassery are they rewarded with if the military goes after them?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

That sounds like a bad whataburger. That said, a large part of it is the novelty of having jalapenos on a fast food burger.

Carls Jr has (had?) an excellent jalapeño double cheeseburger…for like $10. Steep for fast food but so so good.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lmao holy poo poo

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

CBJSprague24 posted:

So what kind of punishment for their dumbassery are they rewarded with if the military goes after them?

Art. 121, larceny under $1000 can get you a BCD, confinement for a year in and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
About the same as on the civilian side, plus the BCD

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/Zeddary/status/1755273637559484609

https://twitter.com/argellastone/status/1755304545503318081

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

joat mon posted:

Art. 121, larceny under $1000 can get you a BCD, confinement for a year in and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
About the same as on the civilian side, plus the BCD

What would be typical? NJP? OTH?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

What would be typical? NJP? OTH?

It depends on the circumstances surrounding the crime. The fact that it made news doesn't bode well for those people.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Stravag posted:

That's a huge slight against Ronald. It's like a lovely burger king.

I mean... I get it.. it's a regional chain that many people in Texas grew up with because in a lot of smaller towns there was always one somewhere and it was often the only fast food open 24 hours. But yeesh, seeing new ones pop up in Texas and having lineups around the block for it is... well I mean.. it's not that good.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

By that same measure, Biden has conclusively demonstrated that he can win against None Of These Candidates, which is dire news indeed for Democrats.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

:boom:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Big K of Justice posted:

But yeesh, seeing new ones pop up in Texas andhaving lineups around the block for it is... well I mean.. it's not that good.

ive never understood lining up around the block for fast food. the point of fast food is that youre feeling lazy and dont want to spend all that time and energy cooking a good meal when you can pop out for 5 minutes and grab an ok one.

no fast food is good enough to line up around the block for, imo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

My Spirit Otter posted:

ive never understood lining up around the block for fast food. the point of fast food is that youre feeling lazy and dont want to spend all that time and energy cooking a good meal when you can pop out for 5 minutes and grab an ok one.

This is every god drat Chick-Fil-A I've ever been to.

There's a traveling CFA in my area which has been to my hometown twice. There's been a massive foot traffic line both times.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
in and outs are kind of famous for giant lines

at least the food is actually cheap

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Americans love two things: standing in lines and paying for goods and services.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

My Spirit Otter posted:

When all you know is mediocre fast food, having a novel mediocre fast food may as well be manna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I guess Apple Vision Pro is a thing that actually exists and that you can buy, and a lot of people are using it to pull off sick cosplays of Minority Report.

https://i.kinja-img.com/image/upload/c_fill,h_542,q_60,w_965/4014097db34ce22c84acdfeac25ed5f5.mp4
https://i.kinja-img.com/image/upload/c_fill,h_542,q_60,w_965/f6d4b90688ec6e4b3562abe7bddef928.mp4