Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

what are people mad about, idgi

you don't have to be mad to make a suggestion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrA9xDvC6Y

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

not good!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

loquacius posted:

what are people mad about, idgi
hootington is taylor swift

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wish they got a hotter zuko but otherwise it seems fine, just a shot for shot remake

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1754956083594997914?s=20

quote:

Gina Carano is attempting to sue Disney & Lucasfilm for discrimination & wrongful termination & is seeking a court order to force Lucasfilm to recast her.

Elon Musk will pay for her legal bill because of his promise to support those who claim they have been discriminated against on Twitter.

(Source: https://hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/gina-carano-sues-disney-mandalorian-firing-lawsuit-elon-musk-1235817466/)

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

so stupid. she was as terrible in the show as she is a person

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

hootington is taylor swift

Taylor Swift plays Hogwarts Legacy CONFIRMED

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Al! posted:

it is time that we, as a culture, reject that white nonsense

Indie black people exist, we are called blindies ,or iacks

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A black man blasting Sufjan Stevens out of his Honda Civic. We exist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

permabanned buddy of mine was showing me the actual excerpts from the filing and theyre genuinely bonkers:

https://www.scribd.com/document/704062955/Carano-v-Disney

quote:

A short time ago in a galaxy not so far away, Defendants made it clear that only one orthodoxy in thought, speech, or action was acceptable their empire, and that those who dared to question or failed to fully comply would not be tolerated. And so it was with Carano. After two highly acclaimed seasons on The Mandalorian as Rebel ranger Cara Dune, Carano was terminated from her role as swiftly as her character’s peaceful home planet of Alderaan had been destroyed by the Death Starin an earlier Star Wars film. And all this because she dared voice her own opinions, on social media platforms and elsewhere, and stood up to the online bully mob who demanded her compliance with their extreme progressive ideology.

Defendants’ wrath over their employees’ social media posts also differed depending on sex. Even though “the Force is female,”Defendants chose to target a woman while looking the other way when it came to men. While Carano was fired, Defendants took no action against male actors who took equally or more vigorous and controversial positions on social media.But the rule of law still reigns over the Defendants’ empire. And Carano has returned to demand that they be held accountable for their bullying, discriminatory, and retaliatory actions—actions that inflicted

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I like the exercpts that I saw on Twitter spending a crazy amount of pages going over Pedro Pascals tweets

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shes also demanding a jury trial so in case that nonsense doesnt get thrown out in summary judgement or they pay her off, its going to be a really funny trial

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

ArmedZombie posted:

I would pair some of his movies with a related documentary.

fitzcarraldo (w/ behind-the-scenes docu burden of dreams by les blank)
aguirre (w/ my best fiend)
the wild blue yonder (w/ encounters at the end of the world)
rescue dawn (w/ little dieter needs to fly)

this is solid advice except don't watch rescue dawn, it sucks

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

ok that acting is loving pathetic lol just watch the cartoon its still amazing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i was fired for sexism when i stood on a soapbox on hollywood boulevard and yelled at everyone passing by that disney is hiring too many minorities

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ammanas posted:

so stupid. she was as terrible in the show as she is a person

side with the worker you dumbass

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tristeham posted:

side with the worker you dumbass

shes a scab dingus

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

the bear s2 wasnt as good as s1, but i still liked it, the christmas ep was extremely good, and i stan ayo

but lol at the whole "if anything is off by 10 seconds in any restaurant it causes cascading slowdowns and the whole system falls apart" like just hire literally one more than the absolute bare minimum number of employees lol

here's an idea, what if the work shift for the day simply is delayed by ten seconds (or even, god forbid, a minute) and life carries on as normal because it doesn't loving matter

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Taintrunner posted:

pop culture is the opiate of the masses and must be destroyed

drat

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

permabanned buddy of mine was showing me the actual excerpts from the filing and theyre genuinely bonkers:

https://www.scribd.com/document/704062955/Carano-v-Disney

lol this filing is a pro-click

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i say swears online posted:

lol this filing is a pro-click

i think jonathan lee riches is her lawyer

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Al! posted:

shes also demanding a jury trial so in case that nonsense doesnt get thrown out in summary judgement or they pay her off, its going to be a really funny trial

it's hard to imagine it getting that far; there's no way disney left out contract language allowing them to fire somebody for whatever they want

her filing says "uh yes gina had a contract, and she fully complied with all of it! now, moving on...." lmao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Al! posted:

shes a scab dingus

disney fanboys cant even take a joke. shameful

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tristeham posted:

disney fanboys cant even take a joke. shameful

fucker........

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/DEADLINE/status/1755398580456841337?s=20

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

are scabs workers?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

what are the side effects of abruptly stopping anabolic steroids?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

lol all that training and steroids just to realize his character only fights with finger lasers

also more slop. i love watching the world get hosed up. the cat better live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPY7J-flzE8

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

World falls apart stuff is always fun. It's why I was actually excited for Fear the Walking Dead. First couple episodes made it seem like it'd be a really cool tense slowburn thing. Got too crazy too fast and by season 2 it was no different from the main show

Keep seeing ads for the Norman Reedus spinoff. Can't believe this series still makes enough money for all this stuff

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Is it really that much worse than successful Marvel movies that weren't very good?

In a world wheretruly mediocre stuff like Iron Man 3 was going off the charts and movies about (culturally) minor characters like Ant Man and Dr. Strange also became big successes, I can see why someone more personally invested might still be wondering why their particular baby didn't do well. Plus, we are talking about subjective opinions, right?

I think there's a certain blindness to people who don't actually like superheroes to why concepts like the Marvels and Eternals are dull and come off as basically vaguely superhero-flavoured white noise compared to things like a shrinking thief or a reality-twisting wizard. See the complaints about MCU finales turning into figures floating around shooting lasers at each other until one of them falls down, and Eternals and the Marvels are peak that.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

DaysBefore posted:

Yup, hammers and maces and some axes are actually the best way to kill mfs in plate. Actually the best best is a hammer with a big spike on the other side since the force of the spike swing is focused on the small tip and can actually pierce plate or you can jello-ise the organs with hammer blows. Swords struggled even to get through chainmail with stabs and their slashes could be beaten by thick padded coats. Sword havers btfo

Tbf as overrated as they are in popular conception a heavy sword doesn't need to pierce armour to ruin your day

Even if you're properly padded and mailed and plated taking a solid broadsword swing to the dome isn't gonna tickle, and if you lose your concentration or worse, footing, you're probably hosed

The dagger is for finishing moves anyway

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

just give this thread an ik already lol

I thought it was Xaris?!?

HootTheOwl posted:

Found the problem :smugdog:

Hey now, they haven't had a hot take in a while lol

BONGHITZ posted:

are scabs workers?

Technically yes but they're class traitors so gently caress em

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Has anyone had a luckier career trajectory in Hollywood than Norman Reedus?

Don't get me wrong, he seems like a great guy but he was never gonna be a face of a franchise until he just accidentally was one day

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sometimes you gently caress up your guys face in the character creator but still set his charisma to 10

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Has anyone had a luckier career trajectory in Hollywood than Norman Reedus?

Don't get me wrong, he seems like a great guy but he was never gonna be a face of a franchise until he just accidentally was one day

Death Stranding is great but I really wanted to see him as the protagonist of Silent Hills.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Blood Boils posted:

Technically yes but they're class traitors so gently caress em
it's precisely because they're workers that they're so hated

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

World falls apart stuff is always fun. It's why I was actually excited for Fear the Walking Dead. First couple episodes made it seem like it'd be a really cool tense slowburn thing. Got too crazy too fast and by season 2 it was no different from the main show

Keep seeing ads for the Norman Reedus spinoff. Can't believe this series still makes enough money for all this stuff

Fear the Walking Dead had a plotline about a beached nuclear submarine launching it's ICBMs. The nuclear weapons are not used to stop zombies.

That's separate from the other Walking Dead spinoff that had multiple poison gas attacks on surviving towns. Again, the gas attacks were not meant to kill zombies.

WMD usage is weirdly common in that franchise.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shageletic posted:

A black man blasting Sufjan Stevens out of his Honda Civic. We exist

George Lucas, driving the largest car you've ever seen through Harlem:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Went to a performance of Aaron Sorkin's stage adaptation to Kill a Mockingbird. I didn't realize until we got to the theater that it was Sorkin. Absolute dog poo poo. Dude misunderstood Mockingbird and decided what we really need is a version that takes down that white savior Atticus Finch. Except Atticus isn't one in the book so Sorkin needs to add a bunch of poo poo and change things to make Finch one so that he can then tear him down. Except he doesn't and the ending is the same as the book and Atticus learns sometimes the law isn't enough.

Calpurnia gets an expanded role but she mostly used it to look at the audience and give "that just happened" comments. It also had a joke almost every minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wow he's fallen off. the rule for comedy is 3 jokes per page/minute