Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

it probably doesnt and thats why they all fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

Also we see that the Goauld do understand all this technology (the examples springing to mind is Baal re-engineering and purposing the Avenger virus and the one who created naqadriah on Langara; yes I am watching S7 why do you ask), they just don't play it up because they're already perceived as gods by their subjects.

Humans saying the Goauld don't create technology they just steal it are just being space racists, change my mind.

Exactly. All the Goa'uld ships are built by the Goa'uld. They aren't some Ancient ships they found. Now, they did probably find/scavenge the tech originally, but then figured it out. Just like the Tau'ri.

There's nothing wrong with this, I was just pointing out the double standard when referring to the Goa'uld with derision, as "scavengers".

We've also seen minor Goa'uld with technological focus. Niriti was doing advanced research; Baal had the glutton Goa'uld who was wicked smart. Etc.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

TK-42-1 posted:

That actually makes me wonder how the genetic memory poo poo works. Like, they’re a queen based species so how does new knowledge get integrated into the mix as they go along?

i think its not just the queens knowledge or else how would scar have apothis's knowledge. i think new knowledge is passed on at the time of when the sperm / egg are created but then the tokra queen had no male so who knows

redshirt posted:

Exactly. All the Goa'uld ships are built by the Goa'uld. They aren't some Ancient ships they found. Now, they did probably find/scavenge the tech originally, but then figured it out. Just like the Tau'ri.

There's nothing wrong with this, I was just pointing out the double standard when referring to the Goa'uld with derision, as "scavengers".

We've also seen minor Goa'uld with technological focus. Niriti was doing advanced research; Baal had the glutton Goa'uld who was wicked smart. Etc.

it wasnt just nerus doing stuff for baal he figured out cloning w/o him. he is basically baals carter they are a gate expert / math genius

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

CHEVRON 69 LOCKED

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Goa'uld reproduction is a big mystery to me.

- The Virgin SG-17 Lt

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

working the night shift in the gate room, tossing my empty beer cans onto a randomly dialled planet to dispose of the evidence

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

blatman posted:

working the night shift in the gate room, tossing my empty beer cans onto a randomly dialled planet to dispose of the evidence

truly is one of the best shows of all time

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

blatman posted:

You put that stuff on a cardboard box to be vaporated by the kawoosh. You don't want someone walking onto P3L-661 on a mission and start an investigation over all the beer cans they found scattered all around the gate.

Cut to the debriefing room.

"Wait..." Carter would pause for a moment to make sure she was understanding Daniel correctly. "You're basing our need to go undercover at a college fraternity to find a secret Stargate because we found a pile of beer cans on another planet?"

"A pile of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cans!" Daniel circles the letters PBR on the whiteboard, then goes into history of the beer's popularity with college hipsters.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

More likely to be Coors Light, which tbf was my beer of choice for drinking games in college.

Also, a solid "lol" that the Stargate fandom wiki has a "Beer" page because of course it does.

"Teal'c, on the other hand, doesn't drink beer or any other forms of alcohol, as it could have adverse effects for his symbiote. (SG1: "Fire and Water", "Lost City, Part 2")"

What's even the point of being a god if you can't even drink, wtf (unless it's like a Goa'uld version of fetal alcohol syndrome in which case fair enough)

stringless fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 6, 2024

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

the gowaooold cant really get any worse

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FFT posted:

More likely to be Coors Light, which tbf was my beer of choice for drinking games in college.

Also, a solid "lol" that the Stargate fandom wiki has a "Beer" page because of course it does.

"Teal'c, on the other hand, doesn't drink beer or any other forms of alcohol, as it could have adverse effects for his symbiote. (SG1: "Fire and Water", "Lost City, Part 2")"

What's even the point of being a god if you can't even drink, wtf (unless it's like a Goa'uld version of fetal alcohol syndrome in which case fair enough)

Jack drinks a lot of beer. Basically any time you see him at home, he's drinking.

No Coors references, but there is a Guinness in a bottle reference, which was an odd call for Jack IMO.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Worf posted:

truly is one of the best shows of all time

I wonder if there was, like, some unlucky jaffa on the other end of that gate that just got beaned by a golf ball out of nowhere.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Log082 posted:

I wonder if there was, like, some unlucky jaffa on the other end of that gate that just got beaned by a golf ball out of nowhere.

its dialed to tollanna

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

blatman posted:

its dialed to tollanna

lol could still hit a Jaffa get wrecked smuggos

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

redshirt posted:

Agreed. I thought Jack really sucked with the Tok'ra too. Total disrespect and mistrust. Jack was pretty bad with a lot of aliens, but oddly, he got the most important one super right, apparently - the Asgard, who really seemed to love him.

Also, he's super cool with Teal'c when a lot of other folks would take him away and study him.

To be fair, Jack was high on ancient knowledge (which as a sentence, owns. i love stargate lol)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

redshirt posted:

Jack drinks a lot of beer. Basically any time you see him at home, he's drinking.

No Coors references, but there is a Guinness in a bottle reference, which was an odd call for Jack IMO.
Click the link, my friend, it's a comprehensive wiki article of every time beer was shown or mentioned through all of the series.

And it's the antifandom link so it's got all the bullshit stripped out

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

about as often as you see jello

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FFT posted:

Click the link, my friend, it's a comprehensive wiki article of every time beer was shown or mentioned through all of the series.

And it's the antifandom link so it's got all the bullshit stripped out

I clicked. Actually glad to see Coors Light was on the show, because realistically, it should all be Coors or Coors Light.

Do the Jaffa ever party?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

alexandriao posted:

To be fair, Jack was high on ancient knowledge (which as a sentence, owns. i love stargate lol)

What's especially charming about this scene is Jack's commitment to the bit. He didn't get a tee and a ball and play some golf, he dressed himself and Tealc up in appropriate clothing.

Do you think they went shopping for golf clothes that fit Tealc?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Worf posted:

CHEVRON 69 LOCKED

"Kree" means "nice" in the Goa'uld language

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

What's especially charming about this scene is Jack's commitment to the bit. He didn't get a tee and a ball and play some golf, he dressed himself and Tealc up in appropriate clothing.

Do you think they went shopping for golf clothes that fit Tealc?

I like to think Jack and Teal'c actually golfed quite a bit.

I assume there was an Air Force course close by they could play at if they wanted.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A quick 9 at Cheyenne Shadows before a visit to PX3-553

Also, talk about meta. The 3 nerdy scientists arguing about Star Trek and one of them is the actor who plays Phlox (and doesn't like Star Trek).

:discourse:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol jack loving with this first prime is good

E: lmao and none of his team liked it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Worf posted:

lol jack loving with this first prime is good

E: lmao and none of his team liked it
"Did you hear that? He brought Coombs!"

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

solid episode, also the tok'ra should be annihilated

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

bring out the tok'tok'ra

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

those who toke with Ra

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Worf posted:

solid episode, also the tok'ra should be annihilated

Agree it's a great episode, disagree about the Tok'ra.

I loved Jack 360 slo mo no scope at the end, and then Bra'tac's speech.

Also, this is the kind of episode that highlights how great SG1 is.

This is years of storylines coming together into a new story, and showing how the Tau'ri become ascendent in the galaxy.

Here, you can see how it's only the Tau'ri that can bring groups together against the common enemy of the Goa'uld.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol at the tok'ra simping lmfao

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Worf posted:

lol at the tok'ra simping lmfao

You're a little too genocidal for diplomacy IMO!

Better to keep you back in the lab with the weapons team.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

they succed the queen dry doc

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

jack trying to name the Prometheus Enterprise is great

lmao when he comes across tealc and jonas mowing down ice cream and is like yea im in

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dumb rear end Asgard not knowing about freezers

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

They probably only eat their equivalent of Soylent

and given their culture, maybe even the book/movie kind

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

FFT posted:

This is less gross when you realize they are clones and have to have Asgard soup already cooked up that has never had life. Still hosed up, but less.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FFT posted:

Yum, I like the Orange ones.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

it would be cool if asgard ate gowaooold symbiotes

slurp em right up

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Worf posted:

it would be cool if asgard ate gowaooold symbiotes

slurp em right up

Thor likes the yellow ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

pixaal posted:

This is less gross when you realize they are clones and have to have Asgard soup already cooked up that has never had life. Still hosed up, but less.
Yeah but also what do they do with the old clone bodies, hm?