Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I'm watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, which is a show about Very Wealthy People, so the ads I guess assume I also am a Very Wealthy Person. Just saw an ad for a service that will help me reach my retirement goals, and it very briefly hovers over a person using the app, to which one can see her goal is to save $13,000 a month. TO SAVE $13,000 A MONTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Saalkin posted:

Wanna buy me a jetski?

For real, keep threatening to buy a jet ski. Disdainful looks from the spouse. She'd change her mind once she started jettin'.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'll take a new avatar please

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Taxes Mental

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I bet I'm gonna owe 8 grand again. Least we got all those great services and healthcare.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Smugworth posted:

I'll take a new avatar please

animated panting, struggling to breathe through genetic abomination of a snout, drool dripping off tongue

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

dreezy posted:

animated panting, struggling to breathe through genetic abomination of a snout, drool dripping off tongue

leave our mothers out of this

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

kntfkr posted:

I bet I'm gonna owe 8 grand again. Least we got all those great services and healthcare.

bruh

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

kntfkr posted:

Do you not do a withholdingv in your paycheck check? Are you doing it at the end of the year in lump sum?

I'm poor enough keeping that money you owe in taxes in my lovely savings account isn't going to matter.

I just let them withhold it each paycheck.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Wendigee posted:

Do you not do a withholdingv in your paycheck check? Are you doing it at the end of the year in lump sum?

I'm poor enough keeping that money you owe in taxes in my lovely savings account isn't going to matter.

I just let them withhold it each paycheck.

Neither job was withholding anything federal and it was on my to-do list to have them fix it and I didn't get around to it until September. I have nothing saved. Daycare is so loving expensive and only knocks like a grand off the total bill.

It's hosed that they don't take out the correct amount the first time but that's the way Intuit pays for it to be so god bless America, huh? I hate interfacing with/thinking about the system (insurance and gov) and this has been to my detriment but I just get so loving mad whenever I have to.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm sure the guy who posts constantly about working multiple full time jobs at once is doing everything above board on taxes

And that his employers are doing their job correctly (lol)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Yeah, that's right.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Taxes in america are basically playing Russian roulette hoping your employer gets it right

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

satanic splash-back posted:

I'm sure the guy who posts constantly about working multiple full time jobs at once is doing everything above board on taxes

And that his employers are doing their job correctly (lol)

Lol didn't make the connection

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My cat tooted. Not smelling great right now

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Thinking on making an Oi album called Oi My Goid

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Songs about drinking and goiters.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

just ripped a shart

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

pencilhands posted:

just ripped a shart

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

pencilhands posted:

just ripped a shart

but enough about your posting

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
TAYTAY :holy:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Yet still not enough for that Vision Pro

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Going to see a Portland Celtics game tonight, the official G League team of the Boston Celtics.

Quite excited. While it's not fully NBA level basketball, it's close. But the tickets are wicked cheap and the Expo is wicked small, so it's gonna be awesome to see them play so up close. Gonna be taking notes on what to practice.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Day 4 of new job. Day 3 of going in on <4 hours of sleep because my housemate can't stop making enormous amounts of noise all night long. Gonna move and live alone ASAP but drat that's still like 2+ months away, gotta save up those coins first.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Been trying to squeeze out every extra Z I can so not even enough time to poo poo in the morning before I go in

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

deep dish peat moss posted:

Day 4 of new job. Day 3 of going in on <4 hours of sleep because my housemate can't stop making enormous amounts of noise all night long. Gonna move and live alone ASAP but drat that's still like 2+ months away, gotta save up those coins first.

Been hearing that shovels can solve all sorts of problems these days op

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Have to wait on a corrected W2 :manning:

They need to file my taxes with one state, otherwise I'm paying $1500 to one and getting $2200 back from another and that just feels dumb to do

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also lol that Teams now supports Spatial Audio so I can tell which part of the screen people are talking from lmao

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sounds like your roommate is bored at night, have you considered giving them a stimulating toy like a Kong with food inside sealed with frozen peanut butter to keep them occupied?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
50 degrees Fahrenheit in February I'll loving take it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
So much for global warming :smug:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Oh wait

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
watching the weather channel again. the off brand one

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

watching the weather channel again. the off brand one

NOWS YOUR CHANCE TO BUY GOLD!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Naps sound like they may be the answer till you move. Good luck!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Hollismason posted:

50 degrees Fahrenheit in February I'll loving take it

yup, may sneak in an early first climb of the year this weekend. dry rock in february is crazy

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hollismason posted:

NOWS YOUR CHANCE TO BUY GOLD!

they just showed an ad for ALIEN TAPE where the camera cuts between every object he hangs up as though it doesn't actually hold for poo poo. in fact at one point the guy uses the "17.5 lb" of holding power to do a pull-up on something stuck to the ceiling :thunk:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

they just showed an ad for ALIEN TAPE where the camera cuts between every object he hangs up as though it doesn't actually hold for poo poo. in fact at one point the guy uses the "17.5 lb" of holding power to do a pull-up on something stuck to the ceiling :thunk:

Sounds legit buy some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My wife has some alien tape for her terrarium building hobby but I don’t think she’s done any pull-ups yet