Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Once the Taylor Swift conspiracy theory got aired on Fox News, the right immediately forgot all about Green Day, didn't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BiggerBoat posted:

I ran into a "FREEDOM ISN'T FREE" bumper sticker out in the wild today and I hadn't seen one in a while but...

It's always bugged me as a slogan. Isn't freedom being free the practical definition of freedom itself? If you're having to fight things/people in and avoid jail in order to be free, then how is that freedom?

Really sorry because lately I think I'm having a bit of cognitive decline but...again...how is fighting, working, paying, suffering and struggling in any way an example of being really free? These people wave this flag and say this word while the country they pretend to love is by far the largest jailer of its own citizens and then in the same breath tell us that unless we're willing to work 40-60 hours a week until we're too old to do it anymore (at which point we're worthless and should be put on the scrap heap) than we're lazy.

Everyone in this thread feeling so free that they want to hug a flag right now?
It's a post hoc justification for creating and maintaining hegemonic violence. We have to do these things or else we will be Less Free.

We can't have free healthcare because Freedom isn't Free. Can't forgive Student Loans because Freedom isn't Free. Can't let homeless people camp in public spaces without paying rent because Freedom isn't Free. And so on.

BiggerBoat, next time one of these chuds bitches about paying taxes or vehicle registration, remind them that Freedom isn't Free lol.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

FFT posted:

What? No, freedom costs $1.05

And if you don't pay your $1.05, who will??

Joe Biden's inflation has made it $1.71, the monster.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

As an actual answer, I'm fairly sure "freedom isn't free" probably traces back to "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." which is a pretty hilarious quote coming from a slaveowner.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Gyges posted:

Joe Biden's inflation has made it $1.71, the monster.

The cumulative rate of inflation since Freedom Isn't Free was performed is 61.3%, so today freedom needs you to chip in your $1.69

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

Panfilo posted:

OK so Ukraine got invaded because they weren't allowed to have guns? And conservatives think nobody should help them because "they had it coming"? :psyduck:
https://twitter.com/FenixAmmunition/status/1754978029103612347?t=QKQCq6YAhAPJzKq0kBiEyw&s=19

Ukraine is the only country in Europe where firearms are not regulated by statute. Everything related to firearms is regulated by Order №622 of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Citizens are permitted to own non-fully automatic rifles and shotguns as long as they are stored properly when not in use.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

h3r0n posted:

Ukraine is the only country in Europe where firearms are not regulated by statute. Everything related to firearms is regulated by Order №622 of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Citizens are permitted to own non-fully automatic rifles and shotguns as long as they are stored properly when not in use.

But do they have a second amendment? No? Checkmate, lib :colbert:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

...! posted:

Once the Taylor Swift conspiracy theory got aired on Fox News, the right immediately forgot all about Green Day, didn't they?

what about Green Day?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PhazonLink posted:

what about Green Day?

The Right Wing were confounded and outraged when they suddenly said something or other about how Trump sucks. Nobody could have possibly seen it coming that the band who released American Idiot wouldn't be down with the GOP. Almost as shocking a betrayal as when everyone learned that Rage Against The Machine were full on Leftists.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
they probably do have a #2 but its about something else.

like it reminds me of dumbasses in other countries trying to plead the 5th because america media being exported everywhere.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Gyges posted:

The Right Wing were confounded and outraged when they suddenly said something or other about how Trump sucks. Nobody could have possibly seen it coming that the band who released American Idiot wouldn't be down with the GOP. Almost as shocking a betrayal as when everyone learned that Rage Against The Machine were full on Leftists.
They thought these bands went woke!

I swear you really want to freak out conservatives all you gotta say is "free Palestine get vaccinated and register to vote". Don't even have to elaborate on any of it, if you have a platform that is appealing to young people their hate watching will give you all the publicity you need.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

FMguru posted:

Checkmate, leftards. :smug:

new thread title

...!
Oct 5, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

what about Green Day?

On the Dick Clark New Year's Eve special, Billie Joe Armstrong sang the updated lyrics for American Idiot rather than the old ones. Specifically, a few years ago they changed "I'm not part of a redneck agenda" to "I'm not part of the MAGA agenda."

The right wing flipped the gently caress out and were ranting that Green Day alienated half their fans by doing that, but the song was never intended to appeal to them.

Conservatives have always misunderstood the message of that song for some reason. It was originally a protest song against the Bush administration and the Iraq War. Now it's a Trump/MAGA mockery song. Considering that Billie Joe Armstrong has yelled "gently caress YOU TRUMP" at nearly every concert for years now, it shows that the right wing has been paying zero attention to the band.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

This, specifically, is what the right wing media ecosphere was pissed about :

https://youtu.be/F-z7r1pLWD8?si=XG3XlFO5BftcCVOp

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh i dont remember that because of NYE's drinking.

the only thing i remember was a weird big thicc country rock singer named after a junkfood. that was probably his "big" event debut and everyone making fun of his dumb name.

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

FMguru posted:

Don’t forget Catturd2!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Boy if I were Catturd Prime I would mock the poo poo out of that guy.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

FMguru posted:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!
came here to post the blaze article

left satisfied

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

...! posted:

They didn't have the time to listen to them whine.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

...! posted:

On the Dick Clark New Year's Eve special, Billie Joe Armstrong sang the updated lyrics for American Idiot rather than the old ones. Specifically, a few years ago they changed "I'm not part of a redneck agenda" to "I'm not part of the MAGA agenda."

The right wing flipped the gently caress out and were ranting that Green Day alienated half their fans by doing that, but the song was never intended to appeal to them.

Conservatives have always misunderstood the message of that song for some reason. It was originally a protest song against the Bush administration and the Iraq War. Now it's a Trump/MAGA mockery song. Considering that Billie Joe Armstrong has yelled "gently caress YOU TRUMP" at nearly every concert for years now, it shows that the right wing has been paying zero attention to the band.

The Right maintains the fiction that it has a hegemonic monopoly on TRADITION and CULTURE, even though its looking back at 50-100 years of history, picking the ideas that won, and saying "this is me, I made this".

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Barrel Cactaur posted:

The Right maintains the fiction that it has a hegemonic monopoly on TRADITION and CULTURE, even though its looking back at 50-100 years of history, picking the ideas that won, and saying "this is me, I made this".
You'd think they'd both know and take credit for how the Internet came about but that would involve admitting the government can do something world-changing and positive, with help from academia

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is this place to talk about the recent GOP drama torpedoing their own bill, failing to pass the alternative and fumbling their own impeachment?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Gucci Loafers posted:

Is this place to talk about the recent GOP drama torpedoing their own bill, failing to pass the alternative and fumbling their own impeachment?

I guess if you include some RWM quotes on why this is really or a good thing or somehow the dems fault

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gucci Loafers posted:

It’s extremely funny

Just a bunch of self-owns (particularly the immigration bill dying, which from what I understand was most of what the GOP wanted).

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

https://x.com/BasedMikeLee/status/1754340927034778057?s=20

:lol:

But the guy who wrote it ain't bad!

https://x.com/BasedMikeLee/status/1754701873414652089?s=20

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Oh, so now they want to read bills before passing them

EDIT: also Mike Lee is a traitor who coordinated with Trump's attempts to overturn the 2020 election.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 7, 2024

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s extremely funny

Just a bunch of self-owns (particularly the immigration bill dying, which from what I understand was most of what the GOP wanted).

Well, most of what they say they wanted. They're liars though.

What they want is more razorwire drowning children at the border and not having to see people darker than a paper bag in Wal-Mart or pressing 1 for english.

Actions louder than words and all.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

...! posted:

When he did it in Arlington, TX, the cheering was deafening. Don't write off TX just because the dirt between the cities votes for Trump.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I knew there was something off about this guy considering he came from the same talent agency Boebert came from.

Yeah this guy:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Oh poo poo, the Firm? They don't gently caress around.

Better watch out for this dude

selec
Sep 6, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Oh poo poo, the Firm? They don't gently caress around.

Better watch out for this dude

Only Firm I respect

https://youtu.be/rtgovDDroPo?si=OKSzZVN7QmpWr-qO

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

excuse me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I'd forgotten all about Conservapedia until NPR did a segment on it this afternoon. Supposedly it has 29 active members/contributors.

Used to be a thread about it here.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

BiggerBoat posted:

I'd forgotten all about Conservapedia until NPR did a segment on it this afternoon. Supposedly it has 29 active members/contributors.

Used to be a thread about it here.

Time was. They stopped updating regularly so interest dropped off. Which is a shame, as their "Conservative Bible Project" thread was as hilarious as it was by their own rules heretical.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
highlights from the word thread.

a user name Conservative would do micro edits on pages almost every minute. for. a. whole. day. or more.

Also the site owner Andy has an EE degree amd doesnt believer in the number i j and thinks x2 could be x1.9999999........9999999 or 2.00000000......00000001

e: also is this the npr piece?

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2024/02/07/conservapedia-right-wing-wikipedia

also iirc some of the other reasons Andy started his poo poo site was UK vs American spelling of words

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 8, 2024

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:stare:
Fox News just filmed a hate crime apparently during a segment.
https://twitter.com/JeffSharlet/status/1755446542612234296?t=dpVPQYPAqZn7Pv97y-k4BA&s=19

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Holy lawsuits batman!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

Oh, so now they want to read bills before passing them

EDIT: also Mike Lee is a traitor who coordinated with Trump's attempts to overturn the 2020 election.

I think it's wild how McConnel is getting so much flak from the rest of the party including the house. I'm amazed he's still doing it with less and less allies.

Pretty sure it's illegal to randomly kidnap people on the street.