Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
In the span of a few weeks:

Vince McMahon is forced to resign.
Scott D'Amore is fired.
NJPW President Takami Ohbari steps down.
Stardom founder and promoter, Rossy Ogawa is fired.

Sure, unrelated events. Perfectly plausible reasons for all of it.

But...

Makes you wonder....

is there a connection....

..... is someone pulling the strings in the shadows...

..... who would profit?

.... who is the last Kingpin standing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Tony Khan's big announcement is HOT, I say Jungle Boy has to go back to that version of the avatar.

Or possibly this:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I will not be watching Tony’s Big Announcement tonight, due to wokeness

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

are you not watching because of your own wokeness, or the possible wokeness of the "Big Announcement" tm

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shard posted:

are you not watching because of your own wokeness, or the possible wokeness of the "Big Announcement" tm

I wish I knew

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tony Khan Put Someone Over Challenge

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

Just read that they were booking a world title triple threat and ran here to do a wellness check on you

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

tony put me over. over the dang moon with that drat match

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

Just read that they were booking a world title triple threat and ran here to do a wellness check on you

I'm seething. I'm bubbling. I'm boiling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just watched Sting's kids get the poo poo beat out of them. I am forgiving Tony for his Three Way Sins.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

For he so loved Mjeff, that the icon gave his only begotten sons

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

aew hell is being steve bordin jr

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i will be firing steve

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I am admittedly not Mercedes Mone's biggest fan, but I think Tony may have put a little too much hype on that announcement if it's just Mone showing up. Like one of the biggest nights in AEW and pro wrestling history or whatever? That's a lot.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
they've signed the biggest name in wrestling history: cm punk

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

steve o face

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

1glitch0 posted:

I am admittedly not Mercedes Mone's biggest fan, but I think Tony may have put a little too much hype on that announcement if it's just Mone showing up. Like one of the biggest nights in AEW and pro wrestling history or whatever? That's a lot.

Mercedes and Okada together, though, that would be debatably that big.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they're having a baby and the baby is signed to aew for life. it has to wrestle

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

We already have like 8 dudes who's gimmick is sleeping while the show is on, get your own

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

they're having a baby and the baby is signed to aew for life. it has to wrestle

The baby will be impossible to pin or submit, because it's as smooth as a baby's bottom

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

1glitch0 posted:

She spent a whole year essentially checking off her joshi bucket list, and then got injured halfway through it. Her return to US TV will absolutely be a huge deal, and they clearly feel confident enough that it will sell out the Garden.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Will it be a huge deal? Idk about that

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Benne posted:

She spent a whole year essentially checking off her joshi bucket list, and then got injured halfway through it. Her return to US TV will absolutely be a huge deal, and they clearly feel confident enough that it will sell out the Garden.

If they sell out the Garden I will absolutely admit I was wrong and that Mercedes Mone is a much bigger draw than I thought.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

See I'm okay with it being a three way just cause I think Swerve winning the title should the focus of a PPV/Big TV show and Revolution is all about Sting so it's probably better to hold off the title change and say have Joe pin Hangman so you can further his heel turn, give Joe a longer reign and that have Swerve winning be the focus of a PPV

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tony khan is trying to make the hell thread illegal

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

tony khan is trying to make the hell thread illegal

It's crazy. Unless you're like a big Toni Storm hater there's not much to be upset about lol it's a whole different feeling lately

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

there is lots to hate aew for you all just lack the true haters spirit

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Too much Jericho 🙏

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jackie D posted:

Too much Jericho 🙏

Then might I refer you and this entire thread to the most recent episode of Jericho's podcast. Him and Toni Storm in character for an hour. It's like pure, concentrated Hell Thread outrage fuel!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

there is lots to hate aew for you all just lack the true haters spirit

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tony is going to fumble the bag with sasha and then do tweets about it

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

if tony tweets that Monés wrestling wasent good enough then *milk truck gun cocking noise* its game over

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

My biggest complaint with AEW right now is there are too many cool folks I want to see wrestle but only so many hours of programming for them to wrestle in so sometimes I don't see my favorite folks wrestle as often as I'd like cause they gotta let some other folks wrestle.

I know he feels obligated cause he probably dropped a lot of dosh on signing her but I'd be fine if Saraya got no more TV time for the rest of her contract . No offense

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Who are the credible babyfaces in the men's division currently chasing titles?

... I guess Swerve is face now kinda? Copeland? ... Daniel Garcia?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

apophenium posted:

Who are the credible babyfaces in the men's division currently chasing titles?

... I guess Swerve is face now kinda? Copeland? ... Daniel Garcia?

I mean, the International and Continental champions, plus trios and tag ARE all faces.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Yeah das what I'm saying they got no other big babyfaces than the ones with titles arlready

Idk if that's bad or whatever hell thread isn't for trenchant well researched points I'm just posting over here

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

If they sell out the Garden I will absolutely admit I was wrong and that Mercedes Mone is a much bigger draw than I thought.

I don’t think she’s gonna be that big of a deal either. Stan twitter culture has massively overinflated her perceived popularity to the point that people have genuinely argued she’s a Hollywood megastar after a bit part in a Star Wars spinoff series.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They gotta get Jericho and Callis off of tv for the love of god

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

callis had a nice thing going for a bit but its run its course. buh bye bald man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Dan Lambert hostile takeover of the Don Callis Family when?