Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
make your own rice balls, its literally taking some rice and putting stuff in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

also make real arancini instead of whatever that stuff is. you can still put kimchi in ‘em though

Zuur
May 2, 2009
Lots of scowling over the new CFO. I don't think I like it either.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

I think this is my greatest culinary accomplishment and therefore won’t likely be posting any more until I manage to acquire some of that Costco A5.

I present to you Costco prime tritip

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Congratulations on having your entire cirrhotic liver removed.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Got an automated phone call from Church saying that the cheese in the Southwest wraps I bought may contain listeria and I should return it if I have any remaining. I bought those wraps in November sooo.... :ohdear:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

iroc.dis posted:

Got an automated phone call from Church saying that the cheese in the Southwest wraps I bought may contain listeria and I should return it if I have any remaining. I bought those wraps in November sooo.... :ohdear:
I got an email about the taylor farms mexican style street corn salad kit...that i ate last night :wth:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I didn’t get the chewy email til after we’d fed 2 whole boxes to like 60 of her middle school students

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

numberoneposter posted:

I got an email about the taylor farms mexican style street corn salad kit...that i ate last night :wth:

same but instead of last night it was like last week and monday

hecking cotija cheese got that bad bad in it

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Costco gave us too many good things for too long, and now a debt is due, we will pay it with diarrhea

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Aw yeah redemption day

Now to give back like $200 next weekend when it posts to my bank account. I could have just used the certificate but gotta build up next year's rebate

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I got a bag of Envy apples last week and they were decent. Got another this week and they were woody, bitter and brown almost all the way through. Think they froze on the tree? Either way got my 7.99 back PBUC

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Went in today to pick up some more fitcrunch bars - I am now hopefully stocked for like six months - and some yasso bars because I like them and haven’t had them for like a year or so and they’re on sale. Turns out they also had pork butt discounted; I’d be sorely tempted to pick one up for Cuban style pork but my freezer is still full of discount Costco pork loin and more importantly renovations on my kitchen start in like two weeks so I won’t be cooking for a couple months anyway. Getting an enormous, ridiculous fridge so there will be plenty of room for them in the future!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i got the Bad Salad too and i already ate it with no ill effects - can i still get a refund?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Grey Cat posted:

They already got rid of the polish dog, it was my fave :(

Me too, still upset about this. It was so good :(

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

Had the 6 layer dip this weekend, everyone still seems fine.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Reminder that if you get a paper refund check in the mail you can use it to buy a bunch of bananas and get the change in cash. Plus then you'd have a banana.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

BigHead posted:

Reminder that if you get a paper refund check in the mail you can use it to buy a bunch of bananas and get the change in cash. Plus then you'd have a banana.
Better yet is to channel your inner boomer and go to a bank and demand that they cash the Costco refund check.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

numberoneposter posted:

Better yet is to channel your inner boomer and go to a bank and demand that they cash the Costco refund check.

If I had time to go to the bank I would be inside Costco

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
I picked up some of the Bachan BBQ sauce. What's the best way to "dilute" it for a stir-fry? My usual sauce for a dinner-sized serving is 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/5 cup chili garlic paste, 1/6 cup mirin, 1 tablespoon lime juice. But I'm guessing the Bachan replaces both the soy sauce and the mirin with its sugar/salt content, and even 1/4 cup is probably a bit much.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Quixzlizx posted:

I picked up some of the Bachan BBQ sauce. What's the best way to "dilute" it for a stir-fry? My usual sauce for a dinner-sized serving is 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/5 cup chili garlic paste, 1/6 cup mirin, 1 tablespoon lime juice. But I'm guessing the Bachan replaces both the soy sauce and the mirin with its sugar/salt content, and even 1/4 cup is probably a bit much.

I usually eyeball a couple teaspoons of chili garlic paste and a little white vinegar, and dilute a little with water if it doesn't propagate through the stir fry well. Gonna try lime juice next time.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

churro turtle chips are amazing

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Super Bowl snacks 100% costco this year

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I feel like this setup is missing some crucial ingredients?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

your toilet is not prepared for what's about to happen

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Whom amongst thee is dumb enough to go to Costco today and tomorrow?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

No please. Please, no.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

AcidCat posted:

I feel like this setup is missing some crucial ingredients?

No it's going to be like the prison food where they smash up all the chips and crackers with the clams and boil it in the chips bag into a loaf.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im tempted to eat the forbidden salad kit...

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Eeyo posted:

No it's going to be like the prison food where they smash up all the chips and crackers with the clams and boil it in the chips bag into a loaf.

What in the chicken fried gently caress?????

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

BigHead posted:

Cash the cheque at the service desk, then use your credit card to pay for your shopping so you don't miss out on more cash back :cool:

I know it's not the best of the best for credit cards but I like that the Costco card just cuts you a cheque every year without points or rewards bullshit

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

large hands posted:

Cash the cheque at the service desk, then use your credit card to pay for your shopping so you don't miss out on more cash back :cool:

I know it's not the best of the best for credit cards but I like that the Costco card just cuts you a cheque every year without points or rewards bullshit

Yes I agree. It's not convenient but it's straight forward.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

MarcusSA posted:

Im bout to go right now. Have to grab stuff at the asian grocery anyways for cny

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

topenga posted:

What in the chicken fried gently caress?????

Ok I guess it was tamales.

https://www.southernfoodways.org/how-to-make-tamales-in-prison/

I guess BWBD will be making prison piergoies then since he's got cheddar and sour cream potato chips.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

I went yesterday; the parking lot was fuller than I've ever seen it but inside it didn't actually feel particularly crowded. Very mysterious

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Eeyo posted:

Ok I guess it was tamales.

https://www.southernfoodways.org/how-to-make-tamales-in-prison/

I guess BWBD will be making prison piergoies then since he's got cheddar and sour cream potato chips.

I have learned a thing today. Huh!

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

im dumb and going today

wish me luck

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I keep meaning to post the Costco beef tenderloin I made for Christmas

Reverse sear, coffee crusted

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

It wasn't too crowded when I went today but the line for the food court was extremely long so I went without getting a dog or slice :(

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I keep meaning to post the Costco beef tenderloin I made for Christmas

Reverse sear, coffee crusted

Coffee crust is too strong for the more delicate flavor of tenderloin, I recommend just S&P and then if you want to add a flavor profile do it via a sauce or compound butter or some other optional accompaniment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Coffee crust is too strong for the more delicate flavor of tenderloin, I recommend just S&P and then if you want to add a flavor profile do it via a sauce or compound butter or some other optional accompaniment

Just think of it as steak au poivre.