Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Convergent evolution meant that the AEW thread does it as well here for the same reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

fez_machine posted:

Convergent evolution meant that the AEW thread does it as well here for the same reasons

I mean, there is a non-zero level of cross pollination, but yeah pretty much.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

graph posted:

i watched ufc 4 live in my friends basement. in between fights we played scorched earth

Firing a power 38 angle 51 funky bomb while Keith hackney destroys joe sons nards

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cool Post Beg posted:

Firing a power 38 angle 51 funky bomb while Keith hackney destroys joe sons nards

you got it

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

HHH was bad at holding and chasing the title

Disagree.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

apophenium posted:

I loved the one with Kane being repackaged as Steve. I've never even seen a Kane promo or match but Johnny's Kane voice saying "Seeeaaaan, why weren't you here on time they won't let me be green Seeeaaaan" had me dying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7xZEJp5VVo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I feel like there’s a good behind the scenes story from dpw about someone missing call time given how much they make jokes about it

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I feel like there’s a good behind the scenes story from dpw about someone missing call time given how much they make jokes about it

They have told the story about Jay Malachai missing call time before one of his first DPW appearances; as bell time approaches Jay called them to say "My high school track meet went longer than I expected, I'm on my way and will still wrestle if you can push my match up the card a little bit"

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Big fan of Granny’s memoirs turning into her reading the Wikipedia summaries for presidents

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddgqL5APUpQ is my quintessential Deadlock relisten.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Jericho debut one where they go off on a tangent about what would have happened if it was Sting instead

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

The Jericho debut one where they go off on a tangent about what would have happened if it was Sting instead

Your name is... Steve!?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

when I first got into deadlock I was seeing what people had said about tony just kind of being there most of the time but now having witnessed his stone cold impression and some other stuff he's done as I make my way through deadlock podcast history I really appreciate that he kinda hangs in the background and picks his spots and lets the other two guys do most of the talking

when tony jumps in you know he's got some funny poo poo ready so buckle up

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Alaois posted:

Your name is... Steve!?

AFTER THREE BORING MINUTES

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's always hilarious listening to Deadlock and stumbling into a bit that Jawnny is doing that I remember from the same circles we used to run in. It leads to things like he and I (while listening) having the exact same reaction at the exact same time upon realizing the "your a bitch and a liar" rant was from Nash beefing with Piper. I just thought it was from those WWE Facebook comments.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think I need to buckle down and commit

And listen to deadlock chronologically

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

Your name is... Steve!?

sting slowly coming down from the rafter looking so badass

the rock: after 15 BORING minutes!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How much did they spend on that one, jabroni?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My absolute favorite part of this incredible bit is when James takes a step back and acknowledges "this is not normal".

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Wrestling Podcasts: Quintessential Deadlock Relistens

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Deadlock sure seems to suck these guys all seem like the cringiest unfunny goons I’ve ever listened to.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

0konner posted:

Deadlock sure seems to suck these guys all seem like the cringiest unfunny goons I’ve ever listened to.

Cool thanks for the review

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Terrible opimium, gently caress

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Much contrary, very edge, WOW

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Maybe record yourself and play it back, see what you think ayyyyyyyyyyyy got em.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

0konner posted:

Or maybe it isn't, brother

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
No sidebread for this little dude, Jack.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

0konner posted:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

if so many goons like it it can't be good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

remember shoutcasts

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

0konner posted:

agreed OP but you will get killed for sayin as such

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Quantum of Phallus posted:

agreed OP but you will get killed for sayin as such

You hate everything though

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I'm in bed with my new smokin' hot GF and there's only one thing on my mind: I wonder what Oatgan thinks about The Rock stealing the WrestleMania main event from Cody Rhodes.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sex Farm posted:

You hate everything though

can someone fact check this?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

or maybe i cant dude :D :D

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

QOP likes good wrestling shows, I can confirm that much

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Shard posted:

QOP likes good wrestling shows, I can confirm that much

Like what

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im almost positive i see QoP post stuff like good dynamite or that was a cool match most weeks

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sex Farm posted:

Like what

QOP didn't watch the really good Collision either last week or the one before that, he asked if it was worth checking out, he checked it out, and he said he enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

QoP is always talking Zona 23 with me